The best place to see Halloween fireworks in Metro Vancouver is at the free family-friendly event at Richmond‘s Minoru Park on the evening of October 31st.
Halloween Fireworks in Richmond
Richmond is one of the few municipalities in the Lower Mainland that hosts free events that include fireworks displays on Halloween night. The city actually hosts a number of fireworks shows at different locations on the night of October 31st, but the largest and most impressive event is the one at Minoru Park.
Minoru Park Fireworks Night
Richmond celebrates the evening of October 31st at Minoru Park with a free Halloween event that features live entertainment, trick-or-treating opportunities, fire jugglers, child-friendly activities and fireworks. Most years there are also dance performances, singing groups, roving performers and an inflatable corn maze.
Dates & Location
The festivities take place most years at Richmond’s Minoru Park on October 31st from 6:30 to 8:45 pm with the fireworks starting at 8:30. 2018 details will likely be the same.
Minoru Park is an urban city park in central Richmond located at 7191 Granville Avenue not far from the main Richmond Public Library and Richmond Centre shopping centre.
2018 Schedule of Events
In addition to fireworks, the Halloween event at Minoru Park includes a variety of live entertainment. Below is the performance line-up for 2018:
- 6:45 pm – Dance Performance by Danceability Studio
- 7:00 pm – Children’s Parade with Danceability and Dracula
- 7:15 pm – Norden the Magician
- 7:45 pm – The Showstoppers
- 8:10 pm – Fire Jugglers Performance
- 8:30 pm – Fireworks
Tips and Advice
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you make the most out of your Richmond Halloween experience.
TIP #1: Conveniently, the Richmond-Brighouse SkyTrain Station is on the other side of Richmond Centre from the park, so just a 10-minute walk away. Take public transit if you can, but be prepared for crowds at the end.
TIP #2: If driving to the event, arrive early before all the best parking locations get filled up. There’s a bit of parking at the park, but also in the south parkade at Richmond Centre.
Other Richmond Fireworks Venues
In addition to the main Minoru Park event, a number of smaller fireworks displays also take place at various locations around Richmond. The other events are shorter and don’t offer the same selection of evening activities as the Minoru Park celebrations, but their free pyrotechnic shows are fun for people in the respective neighbourhoods.
In 2018 Richmond’s main fireworks blast off at Minoru Park at 8:30 pm, but smaller displays are also scheduled for 8:15 pm at the following locations:
- South Arm Community Centre – at 8880 Williams Road in South Richmond near the International Buddhist Temple and a short drive from Steveston Village.
- MacLean Neighbourhood Park – at 22500 McLean Avenue in East Richmond close to Annacis Island.
- Burkeville Park – at 1060 Catalina Crescent on Sea Island on the way to YVR Airport.
- West Richmond Community Centre – at 9180 No. 1 Road halfway between Garry Point Park and Terra Nova Rural Park.
For more information about the October 31st fireworks in Richmond, check out the City of Richmond’s Halloween Events Calendar.
For ideas on other things to do while in the area, click City of Richmond.
For information about other Halloween events and things to do in the Lower Mainland, check out any of the following:
- Vancouver’s October Calendar
- Halloween in the Lower Mainland
- Lower Mainland Haunted Houses
- Halloween for Adults
- Halloween for Children