Christmas carols and concerts are a great way to get into the festive holiday spirit, and there are lots of performances by top Vancouver groups this season. There are concerts by professional and semi-professional choirs, the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and all sorts of local bands and choral groups throughout the Lower Mainland.
Christmas Concerts in Vancouver
See below for a list of great Christmas concerts to check out this season to help get you in a merry holiday mood. (Note: schedules may change, so check concert websites for exact details. Also, there are many wonderful Christmas concerts at churches and schools throughout the Lower Mainland – keep your eyes out for events close to your neighbourhood too).
- A Traditional Christmas – the Delta segment of the annual Christmas concert series by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra takes place at South Delta Baptist Church at 1988-56th Street. Admission for the 7:30 performance is $43, or $37 for students.
Thursday, December 17, 2015
- A Traditional Christmas – concert performances with the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra and UBC Opera Ensemble at the Bell Performing Arts Centre at 6250-144th Street in Surrey at 4:30 and 7:30 pm. Tickets are $37-43.
Friday, December 18, 2015
- Christmas with Chor Leoni – seasonal concert with the Chor Leoni men’s choir at St. Andrew’s-Wesley United Church at 1022 Nelson Street at 4:30 and 8 pm. $30-$40, or $10 for students with ID.
- A Traditional Christmas – Christmas concerts by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra at Centennial Theatre at 2300 Lonsdale Avenue in North Vancouver. Performances at 4:00 and 7:30 pm.
- Vancouver Chamber Choir – A Child’s Christmas in Wales performance at 1550 West 33rd Avenue in the beautiful Shaughnessy Heights United Church at 8 pm.
Saturday, December 19, 2015
- Dundarave Festival of Lights – decorated Christmas trees and FREE live music from noon until dusk in West Vancouver’s Dundarave Park.
- A Traditional Christmas – Christmas concerts by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra at West Vancouver’s Kay Meek Theatre at 1700 Mathers Avenue. Performances at 4:00 and 7:30 pm. Tickets are $43, but $37 for students.
- Vancouver Chamber Choir – A Charlie Brown Christmas concert at
Shaughnessy Heights United at 1550 West 33rd Avenue at 8 pm.
- Christmas with Chor Leoni – concert with one of Vancouver’s best men’s choirs at West Vancouver United Church at 2062 Esquimalt Avenue on the North Shore at 2 pm. Tickets are $30-$40, or $10 for students with ID.
Sunday, December 20, 2015
- Peak of Christmas Special Choir Performance – the VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir performs at Grouse Mountain in the chalet between 1 and 3 pm (free with admission to the mountain).
- A Traditional Christmas – final two performances in the annual holiday concert series by the Vancouver Symphony Orchestra. 4:00 pm and 7:30 pm performances in Burnaby at the Michael J. Fox Theatre at 7373 MacPherson Avenue.
Tuesday, December 22, 2015
- Maria Ho Trio – jazz and Christmas classics performed at the Vancouver Christmas Market from 7 to 9 pm.
- Santa’s Brass Band – live music at the Vancouver Christmas Market at 4:30 and 6:30 pm.
- VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Christmas – Concert by Vancouver’s VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir at St. Andrew’s-Wesley United Church at 1022 Nelson Street. Tickets sold at the door. Adults $20, seniors $15, youth (ages 10-15) $10, and children 9 & under free.
Thursday, December 24, 2015
- Good Noise Vancouver Gospel Choir – Christmas Eve Gospel Music Service at Christ Church Cathedral at 690 Burrard Street at 1 pm.
- Maria Ho Trio – jazz standards and Christmas classics at the Vancouver Christmas Market from 2 to 4 pm.
- Peak of Christmas Special Choir Performance – the VOC Sweet Soul Gospel Choir performs in the chalet at 1 until 3 pm (free with admission to Grouse Mountain).
For ideas on places to see Christmas lights in Metro Vancouver, see Top Things to do at Christmas.
For other activities over the holiday season, check out the December Calendar.