With two dozen locations across the Lower Mainland, Vancouver-based Browns Socialhouse is a popular choice among local chain dining restaurant options.
DINE OUT VANCOUVER SPECIAL
From February 5th until March 7th in 2021, several Browns Socialhouse locations are participating in the Dine Out Vancouver Festival. Special dinner menus are available for $35 and include a choice of one appetizer, one entreé and a dessert. Choices on the menu include a dynamite roll, a cowboy salad, Thai chicken soup, an Icelandic cod bowl, a 7oz steak with pasta, an oreo jar and more.
Click Dine Out Vancouver for more information about good deals in the Lower Mainland.
Browns Restaurants in Vancouver
Browns Socialhouse is a Canadian premium-casual chain of restaurants. It has over 60 locations in BC, Alberta, Saskatchewan, Manitoba and Ontario.
Browns Restaurant Group also owns other popular dining establishments including Liberty Kitchen (with a location in South Surrey and another in Greater Victoria) and Browns Crafthouse (in Vancouver at UBC, Main Street and West Pender as well as one each in Victoria and Fort St. John). The company’s other chain, Scotty Browns, operates in the State of Washington in the United States.
Lower Mainland Browns Restaurants
There are about 24 Browns Socialhouse restaurants in Metro Vancouver and the Fraser Valley. Some of their locations include the following:
- Queen Elizabeth Theatre – at 675 Cambie Street
- Point Grey – at 3651 West 10th Avenue
- Kitsilano – at 2296 West 4th Avenue (about 10 blocks south of Kitsilano Beach)
- Upper Lonsdale – at 1764 Lonsdale Avenue
- Lower Lonsdale – at 103 W. 2nd Street (not far from Lonsdale Quay)
- Lynn Valley – at 1255 Lynn Valley Road (by the public library)
- Town Centre – at 2950 Glen Drive (just north of Coquitlam Centre Mall)
- Schoolhouse – at 1329 Lougheed Highway (just west of Mackin Park)
- Surrey Centre – 9666 King George Boulevard (near King George and the Fraser Highway)
- Semiahmoo – at 1601 152nd Street (near White Rock)
- Panorama – at 15260 56th Avenue
- Guildford – at 15146 100th Avenue (just south of Guildford Centre)
- Grandview – at 16030 24th Avenue
- Sunshine Hills – at 6485 120th Street
- Tsawwassen – at 1665 56th Street (which is 7 km from the BC Ferries Terminal)
- Walnut Grove – at 20159 88th Avenue (near 200th Street and the Trans-Canada Highway)
- Langley Centre – at 20065 Langley Bypass
Browns Socialhouse Menu
The menu at Browns features classic pub-style dishes along with a few Asian-inspired options. There is also a Brunch-specific menu as well as deals for the chain’s Social Hour.
Classic chain dining meals served at most Browns restaurants include nachos, calamari, hot wings, burgers, fettuccine alfredo, steak, tacos and fish & chips. Notably absent from the menu when we last checked were barbecued ribs. They had dry ribs as an appetizer, but no pork ribs as a main course.
Browns is not a steakhouse. It’s more of a burger/pub-style place with an Asian influence. It has steak on the menu, but not to the extent of other places like the Keg, Cactus Club or other comparable chain restaurants in the same category. When we last checked it had steak frites, but that was it.
What Browns does have a fair selection of is “bowls”. Expect to see five or so options including rice bowls with chicken or fish, plus some kind of noodle bowl. Other Asian-style dishes include sushi and ramen. There is also likely a butter chicken curry dish.
Brunch is served on weekends at select locations. Expect to find staples like waffles, eggs benedict, bacon & egg sandwiches and steak & eggs on the brunch menu.
Social Hour at Browns Socialhouse
Instead of Happy Hour, Browns Socialhouse restaurants refer to their special discounted times as Social Hours. Similar to most other chain establishments, Social Hour at Browns usually runs from 3 until 6 pm and then again from 9 pm to close every day.
The chain offers discounts on both food and drinks. The food options for Social Hour include appetizers such as chips & guacamole, fried chicken & pickles, and sushi. As of the initial writing of this article, all of the food options on the Social Hour menu were under $10, which we think is a pretty good deal. There are also timed discounts offered on beer, wine and cider.
For more details about the restaurant chain visit the official Browns Socialhouse website. For exact menu details for a place near you, select your location on the company’s website.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Cactus Club Cafe in the Lower Mainland
- Keg Restaurants in Vancouver
- Tap & Barrel Restaurants
- How Do Vancouver Casual Dining Restaurants Compare?
- Shows & Entertainment Calendar
- Metro Vancouver’s Top 100 Places