The Fraser Valley
Below are highlights of events and places of interest in the Fraser Valley region.
Fraser Valley Events
- Abbotsford Agrifair – an agricultural fair that includes a midway, amusement rides and lots of animals at Exhibition Park at 32470 Haida Drive in Abbotsford in early August.
- Abbotsford Airshow – one of Canada’s largest airshows in August.
- Abbotsford Farm & Country Market – a weekly farmers market that takes place on Saturday’s most years from around 9 am until 1 pm between late April or early May and the middle of December.
- Abbotsford Tulip Festival – 10 acres of tulip fields open to the public at 36737 North Parallel Road in Abbotsford in April.
- Agassiz Fall Fair and Corn Festival – a small community fair in Agassiz with a midway, live music and agricultural activities in mid-September.
- Chilliwack Air Show – a small (but free) air show at the Chilliwack Airport in August.
- Country Celebration – a community fair with animals and family-friendly activities at Langley‘s Campbell River Regional Park in September.
- Fort Langley Village Farmers Market – a weekly summer market on Saturdays in Fort Langley.
- Glow Christmas – the largest indoor Christmas attraction in BC takes place at the Milner Village Garden Centre in Langley from late November until the end of December.
- Sasquatch Days – First Nations’ canoe races and cultural activities at Harrison Hot Springs in June.
- Tulips of the Valley – a large tulip festival in Chilliwack each year in or around April.
- Twilight Drive-In – the Lower Mainland’s only drive-in theatre, located at the corner of 260th Street and the Fraser Highway in Langley.
Fraser Valley Places
- Atchelitz Threshermen’s Association Museum – a historical site in Chilliwack with a collection of interesting old buildings and agricultural equipment.
- Bridal Veil Falls – a provincial park 15 minutes from Chilliwack.
- Canadian Museum of Flight – a small but interesting airplane museum in Langley.
- Castle Fun Park – a fun place for kids in Abbotsford with mini-golf, go carts, bumper cars, batting cages and more.
- Chilliwack Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm – a farm with things to do and see in the fall at 41905 Yale Road West in Chilliwack.
- Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park – a provincial park with camping facilities.
- Chuck E. Cheese – a restaurant and games centre in Langley for families with young children.
- Cultus Lake – one of the Lower Mainland’s most popular provincial parks.
- Cultus Lake Adventure Park – a miniature Disneyland-like place at Cultus Lake with a mini roller coaster and other theme-park rides.
- Cultus Lake Waterpark – home to “BC’s biggest and best” water slides.
- Dickens Sweets Shop and British Museum – a large (10,000 square-foot) store that sells everything British and has a large free British museum at 45945 Alexander Avenue in Chilliwack.
- Extreme Air Park Langley – an indoor trampoline adventure park at 9499 198th Street in Langley.
- Fast Track Karting – indoor go-carting at 5760 Production Way in Langley. (Note: participants must be at least 56 inches tall.)
- Fort Langley – a picturesque town and historic site.
- Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve – 325 acres of wetlands on the Vedder River at 5200 Sumas Prairie Road in Chilliwack.
- The Great Escape – an indoor family entertainment centre with mini golf, arcade, laser tag, toddler zone and other activities at 20645 Langley Bypass in Langley.
- Greater Vancouver Zoo – a great place to see hundreds of animals in Aldergrove.
- Harrison Boat Cruises – boat tours around Harrison Lake and up the Harrison River at various times through the year.
- Harrison Hot Springs – a popular resort town with natural hot springs at Harrison Lake.
- Harrison Water Park – a giant inflatable playground on Harrison Lake in the summer.
- Kilby Historic Site – a museum and historic site depicting area life in the 1920s.
- Maan Farms – a farm market stand with petty zoo and other activities for children in Abbotsford.
- Rolley Lake Provincial Park – a popular park and campground in Mission.
- Sasquatch Mountain Resort – a ski hill in the Hemlock Valley just west of Harrison Lake.
- Stave Falls – a BC Hydro powerhouse and educational centre in Mission.
- Toy Traders & Collectibles – located at #150 19880 Langley Bypass, at 17,000 square feet it’s Canada’s largest collectibles and independent toy store.
- Wineries and Wine Tours – many of the Lower Mainland’s best vineyards and wineries are located in the Fraser Valley, and especially in Langley.
For more information about the area, click any of the following municipalities: