The Fraser Valley
Below are highlights of events and places of interest in the Fraser Valley region.
Fraser Valley Events
- Abbotsford Agrifair – an agricultural fair that includes a midway, amusement rides and lots of animals at Exhibition Park at 32470 Haida Drive in Abbotsford in early August.
- Abbotsford Airshow – one of Canada’s largest airshows in August.
- Abbotsford Farm & Country Market – a weekly farmers market that takes place on Saturday’s most years from around 9 am until 1 pm between late April or early May and the middle of December.
- Abbotsford Flea Market – a year-round Sunday market featuring as many as 200+ vendors selling both new and used items at Abbotsford Exhibition Park.
- Abbotsford Sunflower Festival – an event featuring a field of sunflowers, a corn maze and family-friendly activities at Maan Farms.
- Abbotsford Tulip Festival – 10 acres of tulip fields open to the public at 36737 North Parallel Road in Abbotsford in April.
- Agassiz Fall Fair and Corn Festival – a small community fair in Agassiz with a midway, live music and agricultural activities in mid-September.
- Chilliwack Flight Fest – a small (but free) airshow at the Chilliwack Airport in August.
- Chilliwack Sunflower Festival – fields of sunflowers and other flowers at a farm in Chilliwack from mid to late August until the middle of September.
- Chilliwack Tulip Festival – a large tulip festival in Chilliwack each year in or around April.
- Country Celebration – a community fair with animals and family-friendly activities at Langley‘s Campbell River Regional Park in September.
- Eagle Acres Pumpkin Patch – a farm with a field of pumpkins, farm animals and family-friendly activities in Fort Langley in autumn.
- Fort Langley Half Marathon – 1K, 5K, 10K and 21K running races in Fort Langley in February.
- Fort Langley Jazz Festival – a music and arts festival in Fort Langley in July.
- Fort Langley Village Farmers Market – a weekly summer market on Saturdays in Fort Langley.
- Fraser Valley Bald Eagle Festival – a festival where people come from all over the Lower Mainland and beyond to admire hundreds if not thousands of eagles as they gather to enjoy the spawning salmon in the rivers around Mission, Harrison Hot Springs and Harrison Mills in mid-November.
- Glow Christmas – the largest indoor Christmas attraction in BC that used to take place at the Milner Village Garden Centre in Langley from late November until the end of December. As of 2019 it takes place in Abbotsford instead (with a second venue in downtown Vancouver).
- Kickoff to Christmas Makers Market – a Christmas craft market at the Ag Rec Building at Abbotsford’s Exhibition Park in November.
- Maan Farms Pumpkin Patch – a field of pumpkins, a corn maze and children’s play structures in Abbotsford.
- Mission Twilight Concerts – free live entertainment at Mission’s Fraser River Heritage Park on Friday evenings in the summer.
- Olde Farmhouse Vintage Market – a market featuring over 100 vendors selling antiques, collectibles, jewellery, handmade goods and other home and garden treasures at Tradex in Abbotsford on a weekend in both April and November.
- Pet Lover Show – a pet-themed trade show at Abbotsford Tradex that takes place most years in February.
- Sasquatch Days – First Nations’ canoe races and cultural activities at Harrison Hot Springs in June.
- Twilight Drive-In – the Lower Mainland’s only drive-in theatre, located at the corner of 260th Street and the Fraser Highway in Langley.
- West Coast Christmas Show – a Christmas trade show and holiday artisan market at the Tradex Centre in Abbotsford in November.
CHRISTMAS IN THE FRASER VALLEY
Similar to other parts of the Lower Mainland, the Fraser Valley gets decorated with Christmas lights in December.
Best places to admire winter holiday illuminations and get into the festive spirit include Glow Gardens in Langley, Loft Country Christmas in Langley and Petey’s Country Christmas at Fantasy Farms in Chilliwack. There are also pretty lights in Cultus Lake at night, and Christmas decorations and activities in Fort Langley.
Fraser Valley Places
- Aldor Acres – a farm in north Langley that hosts family-friendly events at Easter, Halloween and Christmas.
- Atchelitz Threshermen’s Association Museum – a historical site in Chilliwack with a collection of interesting old buildings and agricultural equipment.
- Bridal Falls Waterpark – one of the Lower Mainland’s three water slide parks.
- Bridal Veil Falls – a provincial park 15 minutes from Chilliwack.
- Canadian Museum of Flight – a small but interesting airplane museum in Langley.
- Castle Fun Park – a fun place for kids in Abbotsford with mini-golf, go carts, bumper cars, batting cages and more.
- Chilliwack Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm – a farm with things to do and see in the fall at 41905 Yale Road West in Chilliwack.
- Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park – a provincial park with camping facilities.
- Chuck E. Cheese – a restaurant and games centre in Langley for families with young children.
- Cultus Lake – one of the Lower Mainland’s most popular provincial parks.
- Cultus Lake Adventure Park – a miniature Disneyland-like place at Cultus Lake with a mini roller coaster and other theme-park rides.
- Cultus Lake Waterpark – home to “BC’s biggest and best” water slides.
- Dickens Sweets Shop and British Museum – a large (10,000 square-foot) store that sells everything British and has a large free British museum at 45945 Alexander Avenue in Chilliwack.
- Eagle Acres Dairy Farm – a small farm in North Langley with cows, educational programs and a pumpkin patch in the fall.
- Extreme Air Park Langley – an indoor trampoline adventure park at 9499 198th Street in Langley.
- Fantasy Farms – a farm in Chilliwack that hosts special Easter, Halloween and Christmas events.
- Fast Track Karting – indoor go-carting at 5760 Production Way in Langley. (Note: participants must be at least 56 inches tall.)
- Fort Langley – a picturesque town and historic site.
- Fort to Fort Trail – a pathway along the Fraser River between Fort Langley and Derby Reach Regional Park.
- Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve – 325 acres of wetlands on the Vedder River at 5200 Sumas Prairie Road in Chilliwack.
- The Great Escape – an indoor family entertainment centre with mini golf, arcade, laser tag, toddler zone and other activities at 20645 Langley Bypass in Langley.
- Greater Vancouver Zoo – a great place to see hundreds of animals in Aldergrove.
- Harrison Boat Cruises – boat tours around Harrison Lake and up the Harrison River at various times through the year.
- Harrison Hot Springs – a popular resort town with natural hot springs at Harrison Lake.
- Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa – a famous hotel with spa facilities at Harrison Hot Springs.
- Harrison Water Park – a giant inflatable playground on Harrison Lake in the summer.
- Kilby Historic Site – a museum and historic site depicting area life in the 1920s.
- Laity Pumpkin Patch – a farm in Maple Ridge with pumpkins and family-friendly activities in the fall.
- Maan Farms – a farm market stand with petty zoo and other activities for children in Abbotsford.
- Pagoda Ridge Golf – a golf course near Fort Langley that is one of our favourites and has a Chinese architectural theme.
- Redwoods Golf – another really nice golf course near the historic town of Fort Langley.
- Rolley Lake Provincial Park – a popular park and campground in Mission.
- Sandpiper Resort Golf Course – another one of our top-rated golf courses, this one is located in Harrison Mills. The place also has an inn and up-scale cabins for rent.
- Sasquatch Mountain Resort – a ski hill in the Hemlock Valley just west of Harrison Lake.
- Sasquatch Provincial Park – a provincial park with campgrounds, hiking trails and lakes near Harrison Hot Springs.
- Stave Falls – a BC Hydro powerhouse and educational centre in Mission.
- Taves Family Farm and Applebarn – a family-run farm and kid-friendly tourist attraction in Abbotsford.
- TRADEX Trade and Exhibition Centre – a large facility beside the Abbotsford Airport where numerous events take place.
- Wineries and Wine Tours – many of the Lower Mainland’s best vineyards and wineries are located in the Fraser Valley, and especially in Langley.
For more information about the area, click any of the following municipalities: