The Fraser Valley is the region in southwest BC outside Metro Vancouver stretching from Mission and Abbotsford up to Hope. It includes communities such as Abbotsford, Chilliwack, Cultus Lake, Harrison Hot Springs, Langley and Mission.
The Fraser Valley
The following are highlights of places and activities in the Fraser Valley region:
- Abbotsford Airshow – one of Canada’s largest airshows in August.
- Abbotsford Tulip Festival – 10 acres of tulip fields open to the public at 36737 North Parallel Road in Abbotsford in April.
- Bridal Veil Falls – a provincial park 15 minutes from Chilliwack.
- Canadian Museum of Flight – a small but interesting airplane museum in Langley.
- Castle Fun Park – a fun place for kids in Abbotsford with mini-golf, go carts, bumper cars, batting cages and more.
- Chilliwack Corn Maze and Pumpkin Farm – a farm with things to do and see in the fall at 41905 Yale Road West in Chilliwack.
- Chilliwack Lake Provincial Park – a provincial park with camping facilities.
- Chuck E. Cheese – a restaurant and games centre in Langley for families with young children.
- Cultus Lake – one of the Lower Mainland’s most popular provincial Parks.
- Cultus Lake Adventure Park – a miniature Disneyland-like place at Cultus Lake with a mini roller coaster and other theme-park rides.
- Cultus Lake Waterpark – home to “BC’s biggest and best” waterslides.
- Extreme Air Park Langley – an indoor trampoline adventure park at 9499 198th Street in Langley.
- Fast Track Karting – indoor go-carting at 5760 Production Way in Langley. (Note: participants must be at least 56 inches tall.)
- Fort Langley – a picturesque town and historic site.
- Fort Langley Village Farmers Market – a weekly summer market on Saturdays in Fort Langley.
- Great Blue Heron Nature Reserve – 325 acres of wetlands on the Vedder River at 5200 Sumas Prairie Road in Chilliwack.
- The Great Escape – an indoor family entertainment centre with mini golf, arcade, laser tag, toddler zone and other activities at 20645 Langley Bypass in Langley.
- Greater Vancouver Zoo – a great place to see hundreds of animals in Aldergrove.
- Harrison Hot Springs – a popular resort town with natural hot springs.
- Kilby Historic Site – a museum and historic site depicting area life in the 1920s.
- Maan Farms – a farm market stand with petty zoo and other activities for children in Abbotsford.
- Rolley Lake Provincial Park – a popular park and campground in Mission.
- Stave Falls – a BC Hydro powerhouse and educational centre in Mission.
- Twilight Drive-In – the Lower Mainland’s only drive-in theatre, located at the corner of 260th Street and the Fraser Highway in Langley.
- Wineries and Wine Tours – many of the Lower Mainland’s best vineyards and wineries are located in the Fraser Valley, and especially in Langley.