Vancouver has some amazing restaurants and drinking establishments, both at the high and low ends of the price scale.
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ON RESTAURANTS
Beginning in the second half of March, 2020, due to the COVID-19 pandemic and measures to contain it, BC restaurants were ordered to cease all dine-in services. Many Lower Mainland establishments consequently closed altogether. Those that remained open were offering just take-out and delivery services.
Since May 19th, 2020, BC restaurants have been allowed to reopen for dine-in services. Not all did so right away, but most now have. Initially establishments were restricted to a maximum of half capacity and with special measures in place. As of June 11th, however, the 50% capacity restriction has been lifted.
This is a hard time for everyone, including restaurants and their workers. If you can afford it, and want a treat, consider supporting your favourite restaurant during these difficult times!
To learn more about the pandemic’s impact on the region click Vancouver COVID-19 Event Cancellations.
Best Places to Eat and Drink
For the best places to eat and drink throughout the Lower Mainland, check out the following:
- BURNABY‘s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER‘s Best Restaurants
SAVE WITH THE ENTERTAINMENT COUPON BOOK!
For a list of 2-for-1 coupons at dozens of great Lower Mainland restaurants, click Vancouver Entertainment Book.
Our list includes dozens of restaurants in the City of Vancouver as well as in Burnaby, Langley, Maple Ridge, New Westminster, the North Shore, Richmond, Surrey, the Tri-Cities and White Rock.
If you like eating out and saving money, then make sure to use your Entertainment Book coupons!
Top Restaurants in Vancouver
Below are just some of the region’s culinary and experiential highlights:
- Vij’s is arguably Vancouver’s finest East Indian restaurant.
- Top of Vancouver in Gastown also has memorable and revolving 360 degree views of the city.
- The Teahouse is a fancy place for a meal in Stanley Park.
- Popular Vancouver-home-grown trendy chain restaurants to check out include Cactus Club, Earls and The Keg Steakhouse.
- Dockside Restaurant – a popular place on Granville Island.
- Guilt & Company – a bar and live music venue at #1 Alexander Street in Gastown.
- La Casa Gelato at 1033 Venables Street draws fans from all over town to its 500 flavours of ice cream and gelato.
- The Observatory in North Vancouver is the fancy restaurant with amazing views at the top of Grouse Mountain.
The Lower Mainland offers many more exceptional bars and restaurants, so be sure to check out the best places by region at the top of this page.
A number of special restaurant events take place in Vancouver. They include the following:
- Vancouver Hot Chocolate Festival – special hot cocoa creations at participating cafes and coffee shops in January and February.
- Dine Out Vancouver Festival – special menu deals at hundreds of restaurants across the Lower Mainland from mid-January until the beginning of February.
- Vancouver Food Truck Festival – a series of food truck events at various locations in the summer.
- Taste of Yaletown – special menus at participating restaurants in Vancouver’s Yaletown district in October.