Vancouver is home to lots of great pubs, bars and restaurants, including a number of fantastic Irish ones. All make great places to celebrate St. Patrick’s!
VANCOUVER BARS AND CLUBS CLOSED DUE TO COVID-19
As of March 17th, 2020, Vancouver area bars and night clubs are closed as per instructions by the BC Government and provincial health authorities. This includes Irish-themed pubs like Mahony & Sons, The Blarney Stone, Irish Heather and others. Hopefully they will all be able to reopen soon!
For details about other pandemic-related closures, see our article about Vancouver Cancellations Due to COVID-19.
Irish Pubs Around Vancouver
Looking for a place to enjoy a pint of Guinness or Irish lager? Want to celebrate St. Paddy’s with some Irish music and crowds of happy people? Then check out the following best pubs for having Irish fun.
- Mahony & Sons – a great Irish pub overlooking the water at the Vancouver Convention Centre, as well as another location by False Creek at 601 Stamps Landing. For St. Patrick’s they usually have special live bands on the weekends.
- The Irish Heather – at 210 Carrall Street it’s open daily from 11:30 am. It’s one of the best Gastown pubs, and a gastropub at that, which means slightly higher-end beer, food and prices.
- Johnnie Foxs Irish Snug – at 1033 Granville Street it’s one of Vancouver’s most popular and highly-rated pubs. Expect lots of live music throughout the St. Patrick’s Day week.
- The Wolf and Hound – a popular neighbourhood pub at 3617 West Broadway, in the Kitsilano neighbourhood of Vancouver, with live music on St. Patrick’s Day.
- Craft Beer Market – at the Salt Building (85 West 1st Avenue) near the Olympic Village in False Creek. Okay, so it’s not an Irish Pub, but it’s a nice one, and a big one, and it’s always a festive place to celebrate.
- The Blarney Stone – a nice pub with a great venue at 216 Carrall Street in Gastown that becomes well above average at St. Patrick’s time.
- Ceili’s Modern Irish Pub – a popular Irish pub in Richmond at 7311 Westminster Highway.
- Dublin Crossing Irish Pub – an attractively designed pub and restaurant at 18789 Fraser Highway in Surrey.
For other best places to eat and drink in the Lower Mainland, check out the following:
- BURNABY‘s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER‘s Best Restaurants