On the Easter weekend there are usually egg hunts, Easter Brunches and other spring-themed holiday activities in Vancouver.
In 2023 Easter Sunday is on April 9th. The Easter Long Weekend, meanwhile, runs from April 7th to 10th.
Events in this article include activities in the following locations:
Easter in Vancouver | Fraser Valley | New Westminster | Richmond | Delta | Sea to Sky Region
Click on any of the above links to jump to a specific location or topic, or continue reading to learn about Easter activities throughout the Lower Mainland.
Easter Long Weekend in the Lower Mainland
In 2023 Easter takes place on the weekend of April 7th to 10th. Good Friday is on April 7th and Easter Monday is on the 10th.
This year there are a number of family-friendly events happening including Easterfest at Taves Farm and Baby Animal Easter Days at Maan Farms in Abbotsford. Also in the Fraser Valley there is Petey’s Easter Eggstravaganza at Fantasy Farms and an Easter Egg Hunt at Greendale Acres in Chilliwack. The Fraser River Discovery Centre also has special Easter-themed activities. On the weekend before Easter, on March 31st and April 1st, there is also an Adult Easter Egg Hunt at Taves Farm and a Bunnies & Booze event at Maan Farms in Abbotsford.
For people of all ages, on the holiday weekend there is also the Big Easter Run on the Saturday at Jericho Beach.
Also happening on the Easter Long Weekend this year is Marvel Avengers S.T.A.T.I.O.N. which features superhero exhibits in Burnaby. It’s not an Easter event, but it is lots of fun. It runs from March 3rd until May 28th in 2023.
See below to learn more about the above and other events that happened last year and will likely take place again in 2023.
Note: Details may change. Check official event websites for the latest information.
Vancouver Easter Activities
The following events happen within the City of Vancouver in 2023:
- Big Easter Run – this popular running race took place at Jericho Beach this year on Saturday, April 8th. It’s a fun run, so suitable for people of all ages and abilities! Lots of runners wear costumes, so it’s fun to both watch and participate in. (TIP: To save 10% on the cost of registration use the promo code VBP10.)
- Easter Vintage Car Rally – a gathering of dozens of vintage cars at Trev Deeley Motorcycles in Vancouver takes place on the Sunday (which in 2023 is April 9th). The event is open to the public and admission is free.
- Easter Bash at Broadway Church – the church at 2700 East Broadway has a free event on Saturday, April 8th, that features children-friendly activities including an Easter egg hunt.
- in Vancouver hosts its annual free Easter event which includes pony rides, bouncy structures, games and thousands of Easter eggs to find. Admission is free. (April 8, 2023)
- Vancouver Canadians Baseball – it’s not an Easter-themed event, but there are fireworks after the game against Spokane on Friday, April 7th (which makes it a nice way to start the long weekend).
Other Vancouver Events
The following event has taken place on the Easter Long Weekend in past years, but not in 2023:
- Stanley Park Easter Train – an Easter-themed miniature train ride at Stanley Park. Kids can also meet the Easter Bunny and explore a maze on-site. In 2022 there was no egg hunt. The train ran from April 15th to 18th and cost $7 per person over the age of 2. Unfortunately, the train won’t be operating on the Easter weekend in 2023.
In addition to the above, the Easter Bunny often drops by for a visit at FlyOver Canada at Canada Place. There is a good chance that’ll happen this year too (but we’re not 100% sure). There is also sometimes an Easter event at VanDusen Garden, although not in 2022 nor, it appears, in 2023. Hopefully the Easter egg hunt and other activities can happen at VanDusen Garden again in the future.
Easter at Maan Farms
All kinds of fun Easter activities happen at Maan Farms in Abbotsford in spring each year. In 2023 there is Baby Animal Easter (BAE) and a Pancake Breakfast for children and their families. For adults, there is also Bunnies & Booze! Check them out!
Fraser Valley Easter Activities
The following Easter activities happen in the Fraser Valley region in 2023:
- Easter at Maan Farms – this farm hosts three different kinds of Easter-themed events this year. There is Bunnies & Booze which happens on April 1st. It’s a special event for adults ages 19+. For children and their families there is also Baby Animal Easter Days which takes place on April 7th, 8th, 9th and 10th. At this second event there are kid-friendly activities, farm animals and opportunities to meet the Easter Bunny. On the same four days as Baby Animal Easter Days there is also a Pancake Breakfast. See the maanfarms.com website to book your tickets and for full details about all of these events.
- Petey’s Easter Eggstravaganza – in Chilliwack Fantasy Farms in Chilliwack hosts family-friendly activities from the Friday to Sunday of April 7th to 9th. There is a miniature train, egg hunt, planting station, colouring booth and more. This year there are also pony rides!
- Easter Egg Hunt at Greendale Acres – the popular farm and attraction hosts family-friendly activities from 9:00 am until 4:00 pm on April 7th to 9th in 2023.
- Easter at Taves Family Farms – the Abbotsford Farm celebrates Easter with a family-friendly event most years. In 2023 they have in-person Adult Easter Egg Hunt events on March 31st and April 1st. They also have family-friendly Easterfest events on the Friday to Monday of April 7th to 10th.
Richmond Easter Activities
The following events happens on the Easter Long Weekend in Richmond in 2023:
- Easter at the Cannery – family-friendly activities take place at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery in Steveston Village on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of April 7th to 9th. Between 10:30 am and 4:30 pm each day there are crafts, stories and scavenger hunt activities suited for children between the ages of about 2 and 6. Admission costs $5.50 for children ages 2 and older. The cost for people over the age of 17 is $8.50.
New Westminster Easter Activities
The following events took place on and just before the Easter weekend in New Westminster last year. The first event is happening again in 2023. Details about the second event are to be confirmed.
- Spring Salmon Eggs-travaganza – the Fraser River Discovery Centre celebrates Easter with salmon-themed crafts, games and various other family-friendly things to see and do. The event runs on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the Easter Weekend in 2023.
- New West Farmers Market – the market takes place on Thursday, April 6th (so not actually on the holiday weekend). An egg hunt took place about every half hour on the Thursday before Easter last year between 3:00 and 7:00 pm. The Easter Bunny was also onsite for some of the day. Hopefully this will happen again in 2023.
Tsawwassen and Ladner Easter Activities
Easter events take place in both South Delta and North Delta. In the former, in Tsawwassen, there is the Rotary Club’s annual Pancake Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt last year. It takes place this year on Saturday, April 8th, between 9:30 am and 12:00 pm at Diefenbaker Park. To learn more about this family-friendly event see the Rotary Club of Tsawwassen‘s Facebook page.
On the following day, in North Delta, there is another free event for kids and their families. This one takes place on Sunday, April 9th, in Ladner. It involves both a small Easter parade and an egg hunt.
The parade in Ladner begins at 1 o’clock by Delta Municipal Hall. It proceeds from there down Delta Street to Memorial Park where the Easter egg hunt takes place. It’s a tiny parade/procession, but fun for kids.
To learn more about this second Easter event see the Ladner Business Association‘s website.
Sea to Sky Easter Activities
Below is information about an attraction with special Easter-themed activities in the Sea to Sky region.
- Easter at Britannia Mine – the museum up the Sea to Sky Highway has a mineral scavenger hunt on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday of the April long weekend in 2023. It’s included with general admission to the mining museum. Children who complete the scavenger hunt and find all the clues win a special geological prize. The Easter event is geared towards younger kids. As a result, there are fewer noisy machine demonstrations than usual on the weekend. Also, ‘Live in the Lab’ demonstrations take place daily from 10:00 until 11:30 in the mornings and then again between 2:30 and 4:00 in the afternoons.
Easter Activities for Adults with or without Children
Whether you’re young or older, the following are other activities that everyone can enjoy this time of year.
- Cherry Blossom Viewing – the blossoms are finally out and there’s a lot to admire over the Easter Weekend. Check out the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival for information on cherry blossom-related events and a map of where to find the best blossoms.
- Enjoy the Outdoors – if the weather is good, go for a stroll or cycle along one of Vancouver’s best places to walk, jog or cycle. Or go exploring at one of Vancouver’s best places in parks and nature. Take a picnic, enjoy the blossoms and admire the spring flowers.
In 2023, indoor dining is once again permitted throughout the Easter weekend (unlike during the first couple of years during the COVID-19 pandemic). Lots of Easter brunches are happening in 2023 too. To learn more click Easter Brunches in Vancouver.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver’s April Calendar of Events
- Easter Brunches in Vancouver
- Festivals & Events Calendar
- Vancouver Rainy Day Activities
- Lower Mainland Activities for Children