On the Easter weekend there are usually egg hunts, Easter brunches and other spring-themed holiday activities in Vancouver.
Not much happened at Easter last year, thanks to COVID-19, and even less happened the year before that. In 2022, however, a fair number of Easter-related activities are taking place! See below for details!
Events in this article include activities in the following locations:
Click on any of the above links to jump to a specific location or topic, or continue reading to learn about Easter activities throughout the Lower Mainland.
Easter Long Weekend in the Lower Mainland
In 2022 Easter takes place on the weekend of April 15th to 18th. Good Friday is on April 15th and Easter Monday is on the 18th.
In 2022 there are a number of events happening including Easterfest at Taves Farm in Abbotsford, Petey’s Easter Eggstravaganza in Chilliwack, and Baby Animal Easter Days at Maan Farms in Abbotsford. The Fraser River Discovery Centre also has special Easter-themed activities.
For people of all ages, on the holiday weekend there is also the Big Easter Run on the Saturday at Jericho Beach. And for adults, there is a (non-Easter-themed) Spring Fling Boat Party on the Saturday of the long weekend.
See below to learn more about the above and other events happening in 2022.
Note: Details may change. Check official event websites for the latest information.
Vancouver Easter Activities
The following events are happening within the City of Vancouver in 2022:
- Big Easter Run – this popular running race takes place at Jericho Beach this year on Saturday, April 16th. It’s a fun run, so suitable for people of all ages and abilities! Lots of runners wear costumes, so it’s fun to both watch and participate in. (TIP: To save 10% on the cost of registration use the promo code VBP10.)
- Spring Fling Boat Party – an adult-only party on the Burrard Queen vessel hosted by Vancouver Boat Parties. The event is a 3-hour cruise with a couple of DJs, a dance floor and an onboard bar on Saturday, April 16th. Tickets start at $25. It’s not advertised as an “Easter-themed” event. That being said, it takes place on the Easter weekend and we bet at least one person will be wearing bunny ears!
- Stanley Park Easter Train – an Easter-themed miniature train ride at Stanley Park. Kids can also meet the Easter Bunny and explore a maze on-site. In 2022 there is no egg hunt. The train runs from April 15th to 18th and costs $7 per person over the age of 2.
- Easter Vintage Car Rally – a gathering of dozens of vintage cars at Trev Deeley Motorcycles in Vancouver takes place on Sunday, April 17th.
In addition to the above, the Easter Bunny often drops by for a visit at FlyOver Canada at Canada Place. There is a good chance that’ll happen this year too (but we’re not 100% sure). There is also usually an Easter event at VanDusen Garden, although not in 2022. Hopefully the Easter egg hunt and other activities can happen at VanDusen Garden again next year.
Fraser Valley Easter Activities
The following Easter activities are happening in the Fraser Valley region in 2022:
- Easter at Taves Farms – the Abbotsford Farm celebrates Easter with a family-friendly event most years. Because of COVID-19, last year they had a Drive-Thru Easterfest where families drove around the farm, collected treats and picked up some breakfast or lunch. In 2022 they have in-person Adult Easter Egg Hunt events on April 8th and 9th. They also have family-friendly Easterfest events on the Friday to Monday of April 15th to 18th.
- Easter at Maan Farms – this farm hosts two different kinds of Easter-themed events in 2022. There is Bunnies & Booze which happens on April 8th and 9th. It’s a special event for adults ages 19+. For children and their families there is also Baby Animal Easter Days which takes place on April 15th, 16th and 17th. At this second event there are kid-friendly activities, farm animals and opportunities to meet the Easter Bunny.
- Petey’s Easter Eggstravaganza – a family-friendly drive-thru event happened at Fantasy Farms in Chilliwack last year. In 2022 they are back to regular in-person activities running from the Thursday to Monday of April 14th to 18th. There’s a miniature train, egg hunt, planting station, colouring booth and more.
New Westminster Easter Activities
The following events take place on and just before the Easter weekend in New Westminster:
- Spring Salmon Eggs-travaganza – the Fraser River Discovery Centre celebrates Easter with crafts activities, games and various other family-friendly things to see and do. Salmon eggs are also hidden around the facility and kids can earn a tasty prize on the Thursday, Friday and Saturday of April 14th, 15th and 16th.
- New West Farmers Market – the market takes place on Thursday, April 14th (so not actually on the holiday weekend). An Easter egg hunt takes place about every half hour between 3:00 and 7:00 pm. The Easter Bunny is also onsite for some of the day.
Richmond Easter Activities
The following events happen on the Easter Long Weekend in Richmond in 2022:
- Rabbitats’ Easter BunnyFest at Lavenderland – a special event featuring rescued bunnies, an artisan market and family-friendly activities. Funds raised at the event benefit Rabbitats Rescue Society. The event happens on April 16th and 17th in 2022.
- Easter at the Cannery – family-friendly activities take place at the Gulf of Georgia Cannery on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of the long weekend in 2022.
Tsawwassen and Ladner Easter Activities
Easter events take place in both South Delta and North Delta. In the former, in Tsawwassen, there is the Rotary Club’s annual Pancake Breakfast and Easter Egg Hunt. It takes place on Saturday, April 16th, between 9:30 am and 12:30 pm at Diefenbaker Park. To learn more about this family-friendly event see the Rotary Club of Tsawwassen‘s website.
On the following day, in North Delta, there is another free event for kids and their families. This one takes place on Sunday, April 17th, in Ladner. It involves both a small Easter parade and an egg hunt.
The parade in Ladner begins at 1 o’clock by Delta Municipal Hall. It proceeds from there down Delta Street to Memorial Park where the Easter egg hunt takes place. It’s a tiny parade/procession, but fun for kids.
To learn more about this second Easter event see the Ladner Business Association‘s website.
Sea to Sky Easter Activities
Below is information about an attraction with special Easter-themed activities in the Sea to Sky region.
- Easter at Britannia Mine – the museum up the Sea to Sky Highway has offered sessions of Easter Dino Egg Hunting on the Sunday of the long weekend in past years. That hasn’t happened, however, since the start of the pandemic. In 2022, instead of the Dino Egg Hunting, there is a “special seasonal” underground tour as well as a self-led scavenger hunt where kids can earn a prize.
Easter Activities for Adults with or without Children
Whether you’re young or older, the following are other activities that everyone can enjoy this time of year.
- Cherry Blossom Viewing – the blossoms are finally out and there’s a lot to admire over the Easter Weekend. Check out the Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival for information on cherry blossom-related events and a map of where to find the best blossoms.
- Enjoy the Outdoors – if the weather is good, go for a stroll or cycle along one of Vancouver’s best places to walk, jog or cycle. Or go exploring at one of Vancouver’s best places in parks and nature. Take a picnic, enjoy the blossoms and admire the spring flowers.
Easter just wouldn’t be Easter without Sunday brunch. In late March last year, however, the government announced that restaurants were unable to provide indoor dining services between March 30th and April 19th. This meant that if you wanted restaurant food last year you had to book a table outdoors on a patio, get takeout or have your meals delivered.
In 2022, indoor dining will almost certainly be permitted throughout the Easter weekend. Details about Easter brunches are to be confirmed. To learn more click Easter Brunches in Vancouver.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver’s April Calendar of Events
- Easter Brunches in Vancouver
- Festivals & Events Calendar
- Vancouver Rainy Day Activities
- Lower Mainland Activities for Children