The Vancouver Chapter of the Vintage Car Club of Canada holds a car rally on Easter Sunday most years at Trev Deeley Motorcycles on Boundary Road.
A number of years ago the event used to take place in front of the H.R. MacMillan Space Centre. More recently, however, its starting venue is in the parking lot of the popular motorcycle dealership instead.
EASTER 2020 AND COVID-19
Due to the outbreak of the COVID-19 virus, most if not all Easter events in 2020 have been cancelled. As a result, it is very unlikely that Vancouver’s annual car rally will be taking place this year.
For details about how the coronavirus is impacting the Lower Mainland in other ways, click Vancouver and COVID-19 Event Cancellations.
Vintage Car Club Easter Gathering
In 2018 Easter Sunday was on April 1, which also, incidentally, was April Fool’s Day. On that day over 70 vintage cars gathered in the parking lot of Trev Deeley Motorcycles in Vancouver before heading out on a “mystery drive” to a yet-to-be-disclosed location.
Last year Easter Sunday was on April 21st and the event again took place at Trev Deeley Motorcycles. We expect 2020 details were going to be similar, at least until the COVID-19 pandemic, came along.
In years when the event does take place, dozens of beautiful antique and other classic vehicles turn out for the event, as do hundreds of people.
About the Car Rally
In years when the event isn’t cancelled, vehicles typically arrive between 10:00 am and 12:00 pm and the venue’s parking lot scene is spectacular. You don’t need to be a vintage car enthusiast to appreciate the collection of automobiles on display.
At the event there is everything – from antique Fords to Corvettes, Firebirds and every kind of vintage collectible you can imagine.
At around noon or so the cars depart from their starting venue in procession, for a road tour around the city to a final secret destination. It is a fun event for the vintage car participants, but also for everyone that sees them.
Car Rally Details
The Easter Car Rally usually takes place on Easter Sunday at Trev Deeley Motorcycles at 1875 Boundary Road. Cars gather there between around 10:00 am and 12:00 pm.
At noon participants depart for a tour around the city before arriving at a yet undisclosed location. The destination is announced just before the procession of cars heads out.
Admission to the morning event is free for the public and about $5 or $10 or so per non-member participating vehicle.
Mark your calendars for this fabulous Easter Sunday event each year. If you like collectible cars you won’t want to miss it! It’s like a giant antique Hot Wheels museum outdoors!
Last year the car rally’s final destination was Central Park in Burnaby.
For ideas on other things to do on the Easter Long Weekend, click Easter Activities.
For information about the organization behind the Easter Car Rally, check out the Vancouver Chapter of the Vintage Car Club of Canada‘s website.
For a list of other special events throughout the year, see Vancouver’s Festivals & Events Calendar.
If you like collectible cars, other events you might be interested in at other times of the year include the following:
- Vancouver International Auto Show – featuring mostly modern vehicles at the Vancouver Convention Centre in late March and/or early April.
- Vancouver All British Field Meet (ABFM) – a car show at VanDusen Garden featuring over 500 British-built vehicles on the May Long Weekend.
- Whistler All British Car Show – a car show that’s related to the ABFM and takes place in Whistler on the Sunday of the May Long Weekend during the Whistler Go-Fest festival.
- Fort Langley May Day Fair and Parade – a community parade in Fort Langley that typically features antique vehicles on the May Long Weekend.
- Sockeye Run Car Show – a large car show featuring close to 200 vehicles in Steveston Village in June.
- Tsawwassen Sun Festival – a community event that includes an antique car show in Tsawwassen on the August Long Weekend.
- Vancouver Classic Car Toy Run – a small car rally from Port Moody to Vancouver that collects donations for the Lower Mainland Christmas Bureau in September.
- Vancouver’s Luxury & Supercar Weekend – a large car show featuring exotic vehicles at VanDusen Botanical Garden in September.
For information about all of the above and other Lower Mainland car-related events, see our article about Vancouver Car Shows.