If you’re visiting from out of town you’ll find lots of places to stay. Vancouver has some great hotels, as well as bed and breakfasts and places to camp.
Below you’ll find some of the best hotels in Vancouver and the surrounding area, as well as information on campground locations.
BEST DOWNTOWN VANCOUVER HOTELS
For a list of best places to stay in the heart of the city click Best Downtown Vancouver Hotels. Our list includes hotels ranging from 2.5-star budget accommodations to 5-star luxury resorts.
Vancouver’s Best Hotels
Vancouver has hundreds of hotels to choose from. Some of the best include the following:
- The Fairmont Hotel Vancouver – the city’s most iconic hotel, located in the heart of downtown at the corner of West Georgia and Burrard.
- The Opus Hotel – a beautiful modern and upscale boutique hotel at 322 Davie Street in Yaletown.
- The Pan Pacific – at Canada Place.
- The Wedgewood – a luxury boutique hotel at 845 Hornby Street downtown.
- Vancouver Sutton Place.
- Rosewood Hotel Georgia – a luxury hotel in the heart of downtown at 801 West Georgia Street.
Other more affordable hotels include the pet-friendly and conveniently located Best Western Plus Sands (at 1755 Davie Street) and Coast Plaza Hotel (at 1763 Comox Street). Both of these hotels are close to English Bay, so amazing for location, especially in the summer.
Another good affordable hotel in the downtown area is the Best Western Chateau Granville which is close to Yaletown and on Vancouver’s main street for entertainment – Granville Street. More expensive, but still reasonable for its location, is the new Coast Coal Harbour at 1180 West Hastings Street.
Hotels Outside Downtown
There are many excellent hotels in other parts of Metro Vancouver, including the following in different parts of town:
- In North Vancouver: The Pinnacle Hotel and Lonsdale Quay Hotel are both convenient and close to the Seabus.
- By YVR Airport in Richmond: A good reasonably-priced place is the Coast Vancouver Airport, and more on the luxury side is the Fairmont Vancouver Airport.
- In Surrey: The Sheraton Vancouver Guildford Hotel is a good place if you need to stay in Surrey.
- In the Fraser Valley: Reasonably priced mid-range hotels that are pet friendly include the Coast Hotels in Abbotsford, Langley and Chilliwack. If staying in Harrison Hot Springs and want to treat yourself, then definitely stay at the Harrison Hot Springs Resort & Spa.
Looking for hotel deals in downtown Vancouver? Then check out StayVancouverHotels.com. They offer great rates, plus bonus offers too!
Best Places for Camping
If you like camping in the summer, then the following are some of the best places to stay:
- Alice Lake – near Squamish off the Sea to Sky Highway
- Rolley Lake – in Mission, in the Fraser Valley
- Alouette Lake – at Golden Ears Provincial Park
- Cultus Lake – in the Fraser Valley
- Paradise Valley – a private campground near Squamish