Vancouver is home to dozens of hotels of all types and price ranges. There are budget accommodations, classy boutique hotels and world-class resorts.
Vancouver’s Best Downtown Hotels
Vancouver has hundreds of hotels to choose from. Below we list some of the best hotels in downtown Vancouver organized by location. (By “best” we mean “best in class” and with good ratings, and places we include range from 2.5-star to 5-star.)
We’ve divided the downtown core into five main districts – near (1) Waterfront Station, Canada Place and the Vancouver Convention Centre, (2) on or near Georgia Street, (3) in central downtown Vancouver towards False Creek, (4) near Yaletown and BC Place Stadium and (5) in Vancouver’s West End.
In downtown Vancouver there are major hotel chains like the Coast, Delta, Fairmont, Hyatt, Marriott and Westin. There are also locally-based chains like the Pinnacle and Executive Hotels & Resorts, as well as smaller independent places and one-of-a-kind boutique hotels.
Whether you want to be near the water, in the heart of the city, somewhere ultra-modern, in something with history, a place that’s affordable, or in a suite that’s ultra fancy, there’s something for everyone.
SPECIAL HOTEL DEALS
Hotels in our lists with a red asterisk (*) after their names are places that you can book through the website StayVancouverHotels.com where you can usually get the best rates, plus valuable bonus gifts for making your reservation. It’s a great resource for hotel deals! Check it out when booking your next stay and look out for the red asterisks!
(1) Hotels Near Waterfront Station, Canada Place and the Vancouver Convention Centre
A large number of downtown Vancouver hotels are concentrated along the northern edge of downtown Vancouver close to the Burrard Inlet waterfront between Coal Harbour and Gastown. Most are conveniently located within easy walking distance (or a short taxi ride) from Waterfront Station and the Vancouver Convention Centre.
Hotels in this area are surrounded by restaurants, are close to the FlyOver Canada attraction and are truly in the heart of the city.
Hotels located closest to Waterfront Station (and so the most accessible via public transportation) are the following:
- Days Inn * – a comfortable 85-room hotel that’s in a building built in 1918 at 921 W. Pender Street. It’s just a couple of blocks up from Canada Place and a 7-minute walk to Waterfront Station. (3 Stars)
- Delta Hotel & Suites * – a conveniently-located hotel at 550 W. Hastings Street across the street from the Vancouver Lookout tourist attraction and less than 2 blocks from Waterfront Station and the edge of Gastown. The hotel has pet-friendly rooms and is run by Marriott and so participates in the Marriott Rewards program. (4 Stars)
- EXchange Hotel Vancouver * – a fancy hotel with pet-friendly accommodations at the former Vancouver Stock Exchange that’s now a LEED-certified building with pet-friendly rooms at 475 Howe Street. (4 Stars)
- Ramada Limited Downtown * – a comfortable budget hotel at 435 W. Pender Street. Similar to the Delta, it’s close to Gastown. The place offers complimentary Wi-Fi and a hot continental breakfast. (2.5 Stars)
The following hotels are located right by Canada Place and so within just a couple of blocks from both Waterfront Station and the Vancouver Convention Centre.
- Fairmont Waterfront * – a large luxury hotel right across the street from Canada Place at 900 Canada Place. The hotel has a swimming pool, spa and pet-friendly rooms, and its highly-rated restaurant is ARC. (5 Stars)
- Pan Pacific * – a large, modern and luxurious hotel right at Canada Place (at #300-999 Canada Place) and across the street from the Fairmont Waterfront. Its restaurants include Oceans 99 and the Five Sails (both of which are highly recommended). The hotel also has an outdoor heated pool and hot tub, as well as a spa and pet-friendly rooms. (4.5 Stars)
- Coast Coal Harbour * – a mid-sized and environmentally-responsible hotel with a swimming pool and pet-friendly rooms at 1180 W. Hastings Street (so two blocks south of the water and Harbour Green Park). (4 Stars)
- Fairmont Pacific Rim * – a large and very modern hotel at 1038 Canada Place (so across the street from the Vancouver Convention Centre and a block up from Canada Place itself). The place has a pool, spa and pet-friendly rooms. It’s also rated Five Diamonds with CAA/AAA. (5 Stars)
- Marriott Pinnacle Downtown * – a large hotel with an indoor swimming pool and pet-friendly rooms at 1128 W. Hastings Street (so a block south of Jack Poole Plaza). The hotel has 31 floors, 438 Rooms and a no-smoking policy. (4 Stars)
- Pinnacle Hotel Vancouver Harbourfront * – a large hotel with a pool and pet-friendly rooms at 1133 W. Hastings Street. Its restaurant is the p2b Bistro + Bar, which gets good ratings, and its sister hotel is the Pinnacle at the Pier in North Vancouver. (4 Stars)
A little further down the Coal Harbour waterfront, towards Stanley Park, is the following hotel (which is a 15-minute walk from the Convention Centre):
- The Westin Bayshore Vancouver * – a large hotel right at the waterfront at 1601 Bayshore Drive in Coal Harbour. Of the hotels we list in this part of town it’s the closest to Stanley Park, but farthest from Canada Place. Via the seawall, it’s about 15 minutes from the Vancouver Convention Centre by foot. The hotel has both an indoor and (seasonal) outdoor swimming pool. It has 20 floors, 499 rooms and suites, and participates in the Marriott Rewards program. The hotel’s H2 Rotisserie & Bar casual-dining restaurant also gets great reviews. (4 Stars)
(2) Hotels on or Near Georgia Street
Concentrated in the core of downtown Vancouver, the following hotels include some of Vancouver’s fanciest accommodations, are right on West Georgia and within one or two blocks of Burrard Street and the Vancouver Art Gallery:
- Carmana Plaza – a hard-to-spot boutique hotel at 1128 Alberni Street. (3 Stars)
- Fairmont Hotel Vancouver * – the city’s most iconic hotel located in the heart of downtown at the corner of Georgia and Burrard at 900 W. Georgia across the street from Christ Church Cathedral. The hotel has a pool, pet-friendly rooms and lots of history. Its restaurant is the highly rated Notch 8. (4 Stars)
- Four Seasons Hotel Vancouver * – a fancy hotel located at 791 W. Georgia Street but with the front entrance off Howe Street. The hotel is attached to the upscale Pacific Centre shopping mall, is home to the Yew Seafood + Bar Restaurant, and has both indoor and outdoor swimming facilities. (5 Stars)
- Hotel Georgia * – a mid-sized luxury hotel in a beautiful building across the street from both the Vancouver Art Gallery and Pacific Centre shopping centre at 801 W. Georgia Street. The Hotel Georgia first opened in 1927 and was renovated extensively in 2011. Part of the Rosewood chain, it has a swimming pool and pet-friendly accommodations. Its restaurant, Hawksworth, is also one of Vancouver’s most highly rated. (5 Stars)
- Metropolitan Hotel – a 197-room boutique hotel at 645 Howe Street. (4 Stars)
- Shangri-La Hotel * – Vancouver’s tallest and one of its most modern hotels at 1128 W. Georgia Street. Completed in 2008, it offers breathtaking views, top-notch service and 119 rooms and suites. (5 Stars)
- Trump Tower * – a modern and ultra-fancy hotel at 1161 W. Georgia Street. The 69-story, 217-room hotel was designed by famous Canadian architect Arthur Erickson and is rated as one of the world’s most luxurious hotels by Forbes Travel Guide. (5 Stars)
Also located in the same general area but on side streets intersecting Georgia Street are the following:
- Executive Hotel Le Soleil * – a smaller Four Diamond hotel offering 113 luxury boutique suites at 567 Hornby Street. It’s conveniently located less than two blocks from the Burrard SkyTrain Station. The hotel’s Copper Chimney restaurant is also a great place for East Indian food.(4 Stars)
- Hyatt Regency Vancouver * – a popular hotel at 655 Burrard Street (so right beside the Burrard SkyTrain Station). At Christmas time it’s famous for its Gingerbread House Displays which raise money for the Make-A-Wish Foundation. The Hyatt is a 648-room hotel with an outdoor heated pool and pet-friendly accommodations. (4 Stars)
- Loden Hotel * – a luxury boutique hotel at 1177 Melville Street between Georgia Street and Coal Harbour. The place is rated as one of Canada’s top hotels. (5 Stars)
- St. Regis Hotel – a boutique hotel offering complimentary breakfast at 602 Dunsmuir (which is right by the Granville SkyTrain Station). (4 Stars)
- Wedgewood Hotel & Spa * – a luxury 83-room hotel at 845 Hornby Street. On site, the Bacchus Restaurant & Lounge is arguably one of the city’s finest places to eat, especially if you like French cuisine. (5 Stars)
Don’t forget to check prices at StayVancouverHotels.com before you book! You’ll find great deals and valuable bonus offers.
Still near West Georgia in the core of the city, but a little further east, are the following:
- L’Hermitage Vancouver – a 60-room boutique hotel at 788 Richards Street (at the corner with Robson Street). (4 Stars)
- Westin Grand * – a mid-sized hotel at 433 Robson Street near the Vancouver Public Library and not far from Yaletown and BC Place Stadium. The hotel has an outdoor pool, 181 suites and 25 guest rooms. It also participates in the Marriott Rewards program. (4 Stars)
(3) Hotels in Central Downtown Vancouver and Towards False Creek
Whereas Georgia Street cuts through downtown Vancouver in a northwest to southeast direction, Burrard Street and Granville Street intersect Georgia Street and run in a northeast to southwest direction, from close to Waterfront Station and the Vancouver Convention Centre to False Creek.
Vancouver has a number of downtown hotels that run along Burrard and Granville, as well as Hornby and Howe (which run in the same direction in between). Below is a list of hotels on these streets, with the first few on Burrard southwest of Georgia, followed by others in the same central area but also slightly further down towards False Creek.
Hotels on Burrard Street
Hotels on Burrard Street but southwest of Georgia, in the direction of False Creek and away from Canada Place and Waterfront Station, are the following:
- The Burrard * – a small “retro-style” 72-room budget hotel at 1100 Burrard Street (so right across the street from St. Paul’s Hospital). The place was a drive-in motel in the 1950s, has been tastefully renovated and has an inner courtyard with palm trees. (3 Stars)
- Sheraton Wall Centre * – a fancy modern 35-floor hotel with 698 Rooms and 77 suites at 1088 Burrard Street. It’s a no-smoking facility with an indoor 50-foot swimming pool and pet-friendly rooms. The hotel participates in the Marriott Rewards program and, like The Burrard, it’s close to St. Paul’s Hospital. (4 Stars)
- Sutton Place * – a centrally-located hotel at 855 Burrard Street (so close to Robson Street, Georgia Street and the Scotiabank Movie Theatre). It has a fitness centre, indoor pool, spa facilities and pet-friendly rooms. The Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar at the hotel is also a highly-rated seafood restaurant. (4.5 Stars)
TIP: Don’t forget – if wanting to stay at a hotel with a red (*), which include some of Vancouver’s finest hotels as well as best values for your dollar, be sure to check out StayVancouverHotels.com. Odds are you’ll find the best prices there, plus qualify for valuable bonus gifts.
Hotels on Granville, Howe and Hornby
The following hotels are located towards the south end of Vancouver’s downtown core, so between Yaletown and the city’s West End. None of them is right at False Creek, although most are within walking distance of the waterfront (and the Executive Hotel Vintage Park is really close). They are also between just one and three blocks over from Burrard Street, and not too far from Yaletown.
As you’ll see, hotels in this area are generally 2.5 and 3-star places, so good for people on a tighter budget.
- Best Western Chateau Granville – a medium-sized hotel at 1100 Granville Street (so in the heart of Vancouver’s entertainment district and not far from Yaletown. (3 Stars)
- Executive Hotel Vintage Park * – a 124-room boutique hotel at 1379 Howe Street that’s part of a local Vancouver-based chain. Of the downtown hotels we list, it’s the nearest to False Creek and close to both the Burrard and Granville Street bridges. The place has also has pet-friendly rooms. (3.5 Stars)
- Holiday Inn * – a mid-sized hotel at 1110 Howe Street. It’s close to the Granville Street entertainment district and about a 12-minute walk from George Wainborn Park at False Creek. (3 Stars)
- Howard Johnson Vancouver Downtown * – a small budget hotel at 1176 Granville Street that’s about a 10-minute walk from both False Creek and Yaletown. The hotel is a member of the Wyndham Rewards program. (2.5 Stars)
- Ramada Vancouver Downtown * – a small budget hotel at 1221 Granville Street near Davie Street and the Vancity Theatre. Guests receive free gym passes to Steve Nash Fitness World which is also located close by. The same as the Howard Johnson, the Ramada is also part of the Wyndham chain of hotels. (2.5 Stars)
- Residence Inn by Marriott * – an exceptionally nice hotel with 21 floors and 201 suites at 1234 Hornby Street. A buffet breakfast is included and the place has an indoor pool, hot tub, pet-friendly rooms and a no-smoking policy. We’ve stayed here and, for a 3-star hotel, highly recommended it! (3 Stars)
Hotels Near Yaletown and BC Place Stadium
The following hotels are slightly southeast of the hotels listed directly above, which makes them closer to Yaletown and BC Place Stadium. As you’ll see, some of them are also on or close to Georgia Street, and they range from budget accommodations to some of Vancouver’s fanciest places.
- the DOUGLAS, Autograph Collection * – a luxury boutique hotel adjacent to BC Place Stadium. It’s in Yaletown at 45 Smithe Street. The hotel includes 9 floors, 178 rooms and 10 suites, plus 33 electric car charging stations in the parking facility. The hotel is also in the same building as the Parq Vancouver Casino. (5 Stars)
- Georgian Court Hotel – a 180-room hotel with pet-friendly accommodations at 773 Beatty Street (so near BC Place Stadium, Rogers Arena, Robson Street and the Vancouver Public Library). (4 Stars)
- Hotel BLU – an eco-friendly luxury hotel at 177 Robson Street. (4 Stars)
- JW Marriott Parq Vancouver * – a large, modern and luxurious hotel at 39 Smithe Street right by BC Place Stadium and in the same building as the Douglas. The place has 281 rooms and 48 suites on 25 floors. It also has a full-service spa, a no-smoking policy and the Parq Vancouver Casino. (5 Stars)
- OPUS Hotel Vancouver * – a beautiful upscale boutique hotel at 322 Davie Street in the heart of Yaletown with some of Vancouver’s best restaurants all around. It’s rated as one of the city’s top downtown hotels and they really pamper you. The hotel’s own restaurant, La Pentolla della Quercia, itself is one of the city’s best places for Italian food. (4 Stars)
- Rosedale on Robson – a non-smoking hotel featuring suites with kitchenettes at 838 Hamilton Street (3 Stars)
- Sandman Hotel City Centre * – a medium-sized hotel at 180 W. Georgia Street near the Vancouver Public Library, Rogers Arena and BC Place Stadium. The hotel has a no-smoking policy, a pool and pet-friendly rooms. (3 Stars)
- YWCA Hotel * – a budget hotel at 733 Beatty Street with the tagline “Vancouver’s Best Choice for Comfort and Affordability.” Although not fancy, one thing we especially love about this place is that it’s a social enterprise – profits earned benefit YWCA Metro Vancouver’s community service work. That’s so awesome! (2.5 Stars)
In Vancouver’s West End
Whereas Yaletown and False Creek are in the south and southeast sections of Vancouver’s downtown core, the West End is northwest of Burrard Street and Southwest of Robson. It’s also bordered by Stanley Park to the north and English Bay to the west. Hotels in this part of downtown Vancouver include the following:
- Listel Hotel * – a 129-room boutique hotel in the heart of Vancouver’s main shopping district at 1300 Robson Street. Its dining facilities are Forage and Timber, both of which get good reviews and feature sustainable Canadian cuisine. The hotel also prides itself on its collection of art and environmentally-friendly practices. (4 Stars)
- Rosellen Suites at Stanley Park – a small hotel with 27 suites and pet-friendly rooms at 2030 Barclay Street. It’s a smoke-free property in an apartment-style-looking building about a block from the edge of Stanley Park. (3 Stars)
- Sandman Suites on Davie * – a medium-sized hotel at 1160 Davie Street. The hotel is a smoke-free property with a swimming pool and pet-friendly accommodations. (3 Stars)
- Sylvia Hotel * – a 120-room hotel in a beautiful 1912 heritage building at 1154 Gilford Street right by English Bay Beach and a short walk to the southwest corner of Stanley Park. (3 Stars)
- Best Western Plus Sands – a small pet-friendly hotel at 1755 Davie Street that’s also just steps from English Bay Beach. (3 Stars)
For a list of downtown Vancouver hotels organized by 3-Star, 4-Star and 5-Star categories, or to learn more about the Vancouver website that offers competitive hotel prices and extra benefits, see our article about StayVancouverHotels.com.
To learn more about the city and things to do in the region, check out the following:
- City of Vancouver
- Metro Vancouver
- Top 100 Vancouver Places
- Vancouver’s Events Calendar
- Festivals & Events Calendar
- Vancouver on a Budget
- Vancouver for Children
- Vancouver on a Rainy Day
- Shows & Entertainment Calendar
- Entertainment in Vancouver