The Royal Canadian International Circus is coming to Surrey, Vancouver and Richmond in May 2023 and we were giving away a pack of twelve tickets!
Twelve tickets is enough for you to take a whole pile of people from your extended family, including a few cousins, grandchildren, grandparents, aunts and uncles. Alternatively, it’s enough to invite a few friends and their families. Either way, it’s enough tickets to have a fabulous time and share the experience with some of your favourite people!
See below for details about both the circus and the giveaway contest (which you could enter by starting to follow Vancouver’s Best Places on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or YouTube). You could also get a chance to win by subscribing to our e-newsletter.
In 2023 the circus is in Surrey between May 4th and May 7th. It’s also in Vancouver from May 11th to 14th and Richmond from May 18th to 22nd.
Note: This contest is now over. Entries were accepted up until Tuesday, March 28th, at 11:59 am (PST).
Win Tickets to the Royal Canadian International Circus!
The Royal Canadian International Circus puts on fabulous, family-friendly and entertaining shows. The performances feature acrobats, jugglers and other top-rated talent. We’ve seen a number of their shows and have been very impressed!
The circus is in the Lower Mainland between May 4th and 22nd in 2023 (which includes both the Mother’s Day and Victoria Day weekends).
The pack of 12 tickets in this contest is good for any of the shows in May this year. The circus is held in a big top-style tent at Guildford Town Centre in Surrey, Concord Pacific Place in Vancouver, and Lansdowne Centre in Richmond.
For details about the show see our article about the Royal Canadian Circus. To buy tickets, click Circus Tickets (and use the promo code VANSBESTPLACES to get 2-for-1 pricing on general admission). Click VBP Newsletter to sign up for our newsletter. And to learn about how you can win the free general admission tickets to the circus, continue reading.
Royal Canadian Circus Giveaway Rules and Details
Vancouver’s Best Places is giving away one (1) pack of twelve (12) tickets to see the Royal Canadian Circus. The tickets can be used at any one performance during its May 4th to 22nd tour through the Lower Mainland in 2023. (Note: The actual date will depend on availability. Consequently, if you win, don’t leave booking your choice of dates until the very last minute!)
To enter the giveaway contest you need to do at least one of the five things listed below. If you do one thing from the list, your name will be entered into the draw once. If you do two things, your name will be entered into the draw twice. And if you do three or more things your name will be entered either three, four or five times. The more you do, the higher your chances are of winning!
Here are the five ways you can win between now and March 28th at just before noon in 2023:
- Sign up for our E-newsletter (in the sidebar of our website when viewed on desktop devices or near the bottom of the page when viewed on mobile devices). (Note: If you are already a subscriber, just send us an e-mail at email@example.com and we’ll still enter your name in the draw.)
- Follow us on Instagram @vansbestplaces.
- Follow us on Twitter @vansbestplaces.
- Follow us on Facebook @vancouversbestplaces.
- Follow us on YouTube @vancouversbestplaces.
You also need to agree to the contest’s rules, terms and conditions described further below.
This contest is only open to residents of British Columbia who are ages 19 or older. The Giveaway contest starts on Friday, March 3rd, and ends on Tuesday, March 28th, at one minute to noon (or 11:59 am PST). The winner will be contacted by email or DM (direct message via social media) on or before Wednesday, March 29th, at 11:59 pm (PST). Entering the contest means you abide by all contest rules.
The prize is a pack of twelve (12) general admission tickets to see the Royal Canadian Circus in May of 2023. Travel expenses are not included.
Anyone who signs up for Vancouver’s Best Places’ e-newsletter during the period of the contest (between March 3rd and 28th) is entered in the contest automatically. If you signed up before the contest started, you are not automatically entered. If you are already a subscriber, however, if you send us an e-mail we will still give you the extra chance to win!
With Instagram, Twitter, Facebook or YouTube, only new followers are entered to win. If you are a new follower on social media, so someone who has started following between March 3rd and March 28th in 2023, you are entered to win. If you followed us on these social media platforms prior to March 3rd, however, unfortunately, you aren’t entered to win an additional time (but you can still win as a subscriber to our newsletter or by following us on the other social media platforms. You can also tell your friends to enter the contest and then hope they invite you to join them with one or more of their twelve winning tickets)!
See below for additional details about the contest.
Official Contest Rules
Below is information about A) How to Enter the Contest, B) the Contest Prize, C) Contest Eligibility & The Contest Draw, D) Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Mailchimp and their Roles in this Contest, and E) Other Terms and Conditions related to the contest rules.
Note: By participating in this contest, participants declare that they have read, accept and understand the following giveaway contest rules and agree to accept all decisions by Vancouver’s Best Places with respect to this contest.
A. How to Enter the Contest
There are five different ways to get your name entered into the draw. Start to follow @vansbestplaces on Instagram, @vansbestplaces on Twitter, @vancouversbestplaces on Facebook or @vancouversbestplaces on YouTube, and/or sign up for our e-newsletter by filling in the form located in the right sidebar of our website (or near the bottom of the page if viewed on a mobile device). One (1) new Instagram follow is equal to one (1) entry. One (1) new Twitter follow is equal to one (1) entry. The same goes for new followers on Facebook and YouTube. One (1) new sign up for our e-newsletter is also equal to one (1) entry (and if you are already a subscriber to our newsletter, if you send us an e-mail requesting to be entered, we’ll enter you in the draw that way instead).
All valid entries will be counted, meaning you can enter the contest up to five times. Entries must be received by contest closing time which is Tuesday, March 28th, 2023, at 11:59 am (PST). Late submissions will not be accepted. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
To buy tickets to the circus, see the royalcanadiancircus.ca website.
B. Contest Prize
The winner of the contest will be awarded one pack of twelve (12) general admission tickets to the Royal Canadian Circus to their choice of shows in Surrey, Vancouver or Richmond in 2023. No purchase is necessary.
Each prize package has an approximate value of $420 (CAD) where each ticket is worth $35. The winners will be contacted by Vancouver’s Best Places with instructions on how they can claim their prizes. Each winner must reply to the social media direct message (DM) or email informing them of their winning within 48 hours of the offer being sent or they will forfeit their prize and another recipient will be selected.
The prizes of tickets have no cash value and cannot be redeemed for cash. Winners must choose a date at the time the prize is awarded.
C. Contest Eligibility and the Contest Draw
This giveaway is open to residents of British Columbia, Canada, who are at least 19 years of age.
To qualify for the prize the selected winner must verify that they are BC residents and over 19 years of age. If they are unable to verify these details they will be disqualified and another person’s name will be drawn to be the winner of the prize.
The winner will be selected via a random draw of eligible entry submissions by Vancouver’s Best Places. After being notified, the winner will have to answer a basic skill-testing question in order to receive their prize.
Employees, agents and representatives of Vancouver’s Best Places or the Royal Canadian International Circus and members of the immediate family of such persons (including spouses, parents, siblings or children) are not eligible to enter this contest.
Participants can get up to five chances to win (e.g., if they are newsletter subscribers and begin following Vancouver’s Best places on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and YouTube).
D. Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube, Mailchimp and this Contest
As this contest is not sponsored, administered, or affiliated with Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, YouTube or Mailchimp, any questions about this contest must be sent to Vancouver’s Best Places at firstname.lastname@example.org.
E. Other Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter this contest.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Contest entries are accepted between 4:00 pm (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday, March 3rd, 2023, and 11:59 am (PST) on Tuesday, March 28th, 2023. Entries received before and after these dates and times are automatically void.
- By entering this contest, all entrants accept and agree to abide by the contest rules, terms, regulations and decisions of Vancouver’s Best Places.
- By entering this contest, entrants agree to allow Vancouver’s Best Places and the Royal Canadian International Circus to publish their name if the entrant wins the contest. If any winning entrant requests that their name not be published, the entrant agrees that their name can at least be provided to any person or organization requesting to know the results of the contest (to ensure transparency of the process).
- In addition to having their entries randomly selected, in order to win the prize, the selected contestants must correctly answer a skill-testing question.
- There are no substitutions and the prize must be accepted as awarded.
- This giveaway contest is subject to the laws of British Columbia, Canada.
- If for any reason the Royal Canadian International Circus has to cancel its shows for 2023, unfortunately, the prizes will not be honoured and they will have no cash value. (Thanks for your understanding.)
- Vancouver’s Best Places and the Royal Canadian International Circus reserve the right to modify or cancel this giveaway contest at any time for any reason without notice to participants unless prohibited by law. If ending the contest prior to the initial published contest end date, Vancouver’s Best Places reserves the right to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation of the contest.
- If for any reason a winner cannot be found, including if Vancouver’s Best Places is unsuccessful in contacting the winner (or subsequent winners if the first one is unsuccessful) within 4 days of the closing date of the contest, the ticket packages or the sum of their values may be donated to a registered BC-based charity, non-profit organization or family in need. Vancouver’s Best Places will, however, do its best to find winners.
- Regarding personal information, Vancouver’s Best Places will use a contestant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting this Contest. This includes collection of entrants’ names, social media details and/or email details. The winners’ names and contact details including proof of age and province of residence will also be collected.
- Vancouver’s Best Places will only know if a person has started following on social media if the person permits Vancouver’s Best Places to see that they are a follower. With YouTube, for example, if a person doesn’t make their subscription public, then Vancouver’s Best Places won’t know who the subscriber is and therefore won’t be able to enter the person into the contest. That entry, therefore, will be void.
- Vancouver’s Best Places and the Royal Canadian International Circus are not responsible, for whatever reason, for lost, delayed or otherwise not received entries.
- Vancouver’s Best Places and the Royal Canadian International Circus are not responsible for errors in the administration or offer of this giveaway contest of any kind, including but not limited to mistakes in advertising, contest rules, winner selection or distribution of the prize. This includes but is not limited to technical problems, human error, employee illness, corrupted data, IT, social media, computer hardware or software problems.
- By entering this contest, entrants understand and accept that affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents of PR Loyalty Solutions (d.b.a. Vancouver’s Best Places) and the Royal Canadian International Circus are exempt from all liability of any kind, including but not limited to, any property damage, loss, personal injury, death or expense related directly or indirectly to this giveaway contest, receipt of the prize or attending the circus.
- In the case of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the above listed rules of this contest and any statements made elsewhere in any other contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest-related posts on social media, the above terms, conditions and rules shall prevail.
To buy tickets to the circus, see the royalcanadiancircus.ca website.