When it’s sunny in Vancouver in January you need to know the best Dine Out Vancouver Festival restaurants with a view and beautiful walks close by.
The festival normally runs for a number of days in February too, although not in 2022.
In 2020 the Dine Out Vancouver Festival ran from January 17th until February 2nd. In 2021 it took place from February 5th until March 7th. 2022 dates were January 14th until January 31st (so for fewer days than in past years).
The dates for the festival in 2023 are January 20th to February 5th.
Festival Restaurants with Views
In the second half of January most years the following restaurants offer fabulous 3-course dinners at exceptional prices as part of the Dine Out Vancouver Festival. What’s more? Each of the following culinary venues boasts beautiful views of the city, plus they are close to some of Vancouver’s best places to walk and enjoy the sunshine (on days when it’s not raining).
Note: Details may vary. Check restaurant websites for exact information. Also, not all tables at every restaurant have a view.
Restaurants with Views in Parks
Beautiful restaurants in Metro Vancouver parks with views and great places to walk include the following:
- Seasons in the Park – a fancy place at the top of Queen Elizabeth Park overlooking the gardens. This year their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $55 which is a good deal. It’s available for lunch and dinner. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- Stanley Park Brewing Restaurant & Pub – the restaurant is located in Stanley Park, in the same area as the pitch and putt and tennis courts. In 2023, dinner deals here cost $34. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
Coal Harbour & Canada Place
What better way to enjoy a sunny day than to walk around Canada Place and the seawall at Coal Harbour. And what better thing to satisfy your hunger after that walk than a delicious 3-course dinner at one of Vancouver’s best restaurants with a view close by.
- Cardero’s – an upscale restaurant right on the water at 1583 Coal Harbour Quay. Cardero’s specializes in fish and chops and their 2023 Dine Out Vancouver menu is $55 (for lunch and dinner). Entrée options include lingcod, short ribs and vegetarian butternut squash ravioli. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- Lift Bar and Grill – located at 333 Menchion Mews right on the seawall. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $65 for dinner in 2023 and the menu options include salmon, lamb and thai curry. (Note: The place participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- Tap & Barrel – a popular bar-style restaurant by the Vancouver Convention Centre at 1055 Canada Place. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu prices this year are $37.50 for lunch and dinner. Entrées include a choice of creole chicken, vegetarian linguini, a french onion burger, or a couple of other items. (Note: This restaurant serves Ocean Wise Seafood.)
- Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant – located at 555 West Hastings Street in the Harbour Centre. Here you get to savour your meal while enjoying the amazing 360 degree views of the city. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $65 for dinner in 2023.
English Bay Restaurants
The walks and sunsets near English Bay Beach are amazing, as are some of the area’s restaurants and their Dine Out Vancouver Festival specials.
- Cactus Club Cafe – this popular chain’s English Bay location is where you will find incredible food and some of the best sunset views in the city. Located at 1790 Beach Avenue, their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $42 for dinner in 2023. (Note: The place serves Ocean Wise Seafood.)
Views from False Creek
The views along the south side of the False Creek seawall are beautiful, especially on sunny days. Check out these restaurants either before or after a stroll.
- Dockside Restaurant – a popular restaurant on Granville Island. Located adjacent to the Granville Island Hotel at 1253 Johnston Street, they are offering 3-course Dine Out Vancouver dinner options for $60 in 2023. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- Mahony & Sons – a pub at 601 Stamps Landing, near the Olympic Village right on the water at False Creek. It serves Irish food and Irish music, often with a band in the evenings Fridays and Saturdays. The Dine Out Vancouver menu offering at the Olympic Village location is $35 per person for lunch and dinner in 2023. Entrée choices include seared steelhead, pork belly or pappardelle with walnut bolognese.
- Tap & Barrel – a popular bar-style restaurant in Olympic Village at #1 Athletes Way. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu price is $37.50 for both lunch and dinner in 2023. (Note: This restaurant serves Ocean Wise Seafood.)
North Shore Restaurants with Views
Whether up a mountain or at the waterfront, the North Shore offers some of the region’s best views, restaurants and outdoor recreation activities.
- Pier 7 – at 25 Wallace Mews Road near North Vancouver’s Shipbuilders’ Square just a short walk from Lonsdale Quay and the SeaBus terminal, this restaurant is right on the water and boasts amazing views of the Vancouver skyline. They specialize in West Coast cuisine and their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $49 for dinner in 2023. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- Tap & Barrel – the Shipyards location of this popular pub-style restaurant is located at #8 Lonsdale Avenue in North Vancouver. Entrées in their $37.50 lunch and dinner menus include a 7 oz. sirloin, as well as creole chicken, pasta and more in 2023.
For more information on these and other fine restaurants participating in Vancouver’s great mid-winter culinary festival, check out the official Dine Out Vancouver Festival website.
For other best places to eat and drink throughout the Lower Mainland, check out the following:
- BURNABY’s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER’s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER’s Best Restaurants
For ideas on other things to do this month, check out our January Calendar and February Calendar.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Dine Out Festival Restaurants with a View
- Dine Out Festival Restaurants on the North Shore
- Vancouver Premium-Casual Chain Restaurants
- Dine Out Vancouver Street Food City
- Lower Mainland Restaurants