When it’s sunny in Vancouver in late January you need to know the best Dine Out Vancouver Festival restaurants with a view and beautiful walks close by.
The Dine Out Vancouver Festival runs from January 17th until February 2nd in 2020.
DINNER WITH A VIEW IN WEST VANCOUVER
Taking place at Ambleside Park from January 15th until February 16th, 2020, Dinner with a View is an outdoor dining event that’s unrelated to the Dine Out Vancouver Festival.
Dinner with a View costs about $200 to rent a bubble-like dome to eat in and then about $110 per person for a 3-course dinner prepared by a celebrity chef. The Dine Out Vancouver Festival, on the other hand, is an event where a couple of hundred restaurants from across the Lower Mainland offer special discounted 3-course lunch and dinner menus for between $25 and $45.
For information about the event at Ambleside Park see the Dinner with a View website. For details about the Dine Out Vancouver Festival and its participating restaurants with a view, see below.
January Festival Restaurants with Views
In the second half of January most years the following restaurants offer fabulous 3-course dinners at exceptional prices as part of the Dine Out Vancouver Festival. What’s more? Each of the following culinary venues boasts beautiful views of the city, plus they are close to some of Vancouver’s best places to walk and enjoy the sunshine (on days when it’s not raining).
Note: Details may vary. Check restaurant websites for exact information. Also, not all tables at every restaurant have a view.
Restaurants with Views in Parks
Beautiful restaurants in Metro Vancouver parks with views and great places to walk include the following:
- Horizons Restaurant – located at the top of Burnaby Mountain, with views of Vancouver and the North Shore, their Dine Out Vancouver menu is just $35 for dinner in 2020.
- Seasons in the Park – a fancy place at the top of Queen Elizabeth Park overlooking the gardens. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is also $35 (for both lunch and dinner) which is a really good deal.
- The Teahouse Restaurant – located at Third Beach in Stanley Park, the Teahouse offers excellent food and stunning views of English Bay – the sunsets from Ferguson Point nearby can be especially amazing. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $35 for both lunch and dinner in 2020.
Coal Harbour & Canada Place
What better way to enjoy a sunny January day than to walk around Canada Place and the seawall at Coal Harbour. And what better thing to satisfy your hunger after that walk than a delicious 3-course Dine Out Vancouver Festival dinner at one of Vancouver’s best restaurants with a view close by.
- Cactus Club Coal Harbour – one of Vancouver’s top trendy restaurant chains, this location can be found at 1085 Canada Place next to the Vancouver Convention Centre. It boasts fabulous food, a great casual dining atmosphere and amazing views. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $35 for lunch and dinner.
- Cardero’s – an upscale restaurant right on the water at 1583 Coal Harbour Quay. Cardero’s specializes in fish and chops and their Dine Out Vancouver menu this year is $35 (for lunch and dinner). On the menu in 2020 are chicken ballontine, Arctic char and mushroom ravioli.
- Lift Bar and Grill – also located in Coal Harbour, at 333 Menchion Mews right on the seawall. Lift’s main dinner entrees range from just around $30 up to about $45 or more ordinarily. Try to get a window seat! Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $45 for dinner. Their menu options in 2020 are quail and trout.
- Ocean’s 999 – an upscale restaurant right in Canada Place at the Pan Pacific Hotel. Their 2020 3-course menu include a choice of trout, ling cod and roasted cauliflower garganelli main dishes for $35, or a 10 oz. NY steak for $15 extra.
- Tap & Barrel Coal Harbour – a popular bar-style restaurant by the Vancouver Convention Centre at 1055 Canada Place. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu price is $25 for dinner. Entrees this year include a choice of lamb pizza, chicken lettuce wraps or pesto linguine, or a couple of other items with a surcharge.
- Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant – located at 555 West Hastings Street in the Harbour Centre. Here you get to savour your meal while enjoying the amazing 360 degree views of the city. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $45 for dinner in 2020.
English Bay Restaurants
The walks and sunsets near English Bay Beach are amazing, as are some of the area’s restaurants and their Dine Out Vancouver Festival specials.
- Cactus Club Cafe English Bay – this popular chain’s English Bay location is where you will find incredible food and some of the best sunset views in the city. Located at 1790 Beach Avenue, their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $35 for both lunch and dinner.
2-FOR-1 RESTAURANT DEALS
Want great deals at Lower Mainland restaurants thoughout the year and not only in January? Then use the coupons in your 2020 Entertainment Coupon Book! And if you don’t have a book, then get one! The deals in many cases are as good or even better than what you’ll get with the Dine Out Vancouver Festival!
See our article about Entertainment Coupon Restaurants for details.
Views from False Creek
The views along the south side of the False Creek seawall are beautiful, especially on sunny days. Check out these restaurants either before or after a stroll.
- Bridges – this casual West Coast style restaurant is located on Granville Island and overlooks the False Creek water and Burrard Street Bridge. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $35 for lunch or dinner.
- Dockside Restaurant – a popular restaurant on Granville Island. Located adjacent to the Granville Island Hotel at 1253 Johnston Street, they offer 3-course Dine Out Vancouver menu options for $45 in 2020.
- Mahony & Sons – a pub at 601 Stamps Landing, near the Olympic Village right on the water at False Creek. Serves Irish food and Irish music, often with a band in the evenings Thursday to Saturday. In previous years their other locations also participated, but not this year. The Dine Out Vancouver menu offering at the Olympic Village location is $25 per person for dinner in 2020.
- Tap & Barrel Olympic Village – a popular bar-style restaurant in False Creek at #1 Athletes Way. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu price is $25 for both lunch and dinner in 2020.
North Shore Restaurants with Views
Whether up a mountain or at the waterfront, the North Shore offers some of the region’s best views, restaurants and outdoor recreation activities.
- The Observatory – Grouse Mountain‘s premier restaurant features fine West Coast dining and overlooks the entire Lower Mainland. Expect an average dinner on a regular day to cost about $60, excluding drinks, but it includes a free ride up in the Skytram (provided that you make your reservation in advance). The restaurant is open daily from 5:00 to 10:00 pm. The Observatory’s Dine Out Vancouver dinner menu is $45 in 2020, which is good deal for the restaurant for dinner.
- Pier 7 – at 25 Wallace Mews Road near North Vancouver’s Shipbuilders’ Square just a short walk from Lonsdale Quay and the SeaBus terminal, this restaurant is right on the water and boasts amazing views of the Vancouver skyline. They specialize in West Coast cuisine and their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $35 for dinner.
- Salmon House – located at 2229 Folkestone Way in West Vancouver, not far from the turn off to Cypress Mountain, highlights of this restaurant are both the food and the view. It’s a beautiful spot and the perfect place to finish off a day of skiing. Normal dinner entrees range from about $30 to over $40 and their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $45 for dinner in 2020.
TIP: Wanting to make a night out of your evening? Then check out StayVancouverHotels.com for downtown Vancouver hotel rates and bonus gift incentives.
For more information on these and other fine restaurants participating in Vancouver’s great mid-winter culinary festival, check out the official Dine Out Vancouver Website.
For other best places to eat and drink throughout the Lower Mainland, check out the following:
- BURNABY’s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER’s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER’s Best Restaurants
For ideas on other things to do this month, check out our January Calendar.