When it’s sunny in Vancouver in late January you need to know the best Dine Out Vancouver Festival restaurants with a view and beautiful walks close by.
Last year the Dine Out Vancouver Festival ran from January 17th until February 2nd. In 2021 it’s scheduled to take place from February 5th until March 7th.
January Festival Restaurants with Views
In the second half of January most years the following restaurants offer fabulous 3-course dinners at exceptional prices as part of the Dine Out Vancouver Festival. What’s more? Each of the following culinary venues boasts beautiful views of the city, plus they are close to some of Vancouver’s best places to walk and enjoy the sunshine (on days when it’s not raining).
Note: Details may vary. Check restaurant websites for exact information. Also, not all tables at every restaurant have a view.
Restaurants with Views in Parks
Beautiful restaurants in Metro Vancouver parks with views and great places to walk include the following:
- Seasons in the Park – a fancy place at the top of Queen Elizabeth Park overlooking the gardens. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is usually about $35 (for both lunch and dinner) which is a really good deal.
- The Teahouse Restaurant – located at Third Beach in Stanley Park, the Teahouse offers excellent food and stunning views of English Bay – the sunsets from Ferguson Point nearby can be especially amazing. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu was $35 for both lunch and dinner in 2020.
Coal Harbour & Canada Place
What better way to enjoy a sunny day than to walk around Canada Place and the seawall at Coal Harbour. And what better thing to satisfy your hunger after that walk than a delicious 3-course dinner at one of Vancouver’s best restaurants with a view close by.
- Cardero’s – an upscale restaurant right on the water at 1583 Coal Harbour Quay. Cardero’s specializes in fish and chops and their Dine Out Vancouver menu last year was $35 (for lunch and dinner). On the menu in 2020 were chicken ballontine, Arctic char and mushroom ravioli.
- Lift Bar and Grill – located at 333 Menchion Mews right on the seawall. Lift’s main dinner entrees range from around $30 up to about $45 or more ordinarily. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu was $45 for dinner last year and the menu options were quail and trout.
- Ocean’s 999 – an upscale restaurant right in Canada Place at the Pan Pacific Hotel. Their 2020 3-course menu included a choice of trout, ling cod and roasted cauliflower garganelli main dishes for $35, or a 10 oz. NY steak for $15 extra.
- Tap & Barrel Coal Harbour – a popular bar-style restaurant by the Vancouver Convention Centre at 1055 Canada Place. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu price is usually $25 for dinner. Entrees last year included a choice of lamb pizza, chicken lettuce wraps or pesto linguine, or a couple of other items with a surcharge.
- Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant – located at 555 West Hastings Street in the Harbour Centre. Here you get to savour your meal while enjoying the amazing 360 degree views of the city. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu was $45 for dinner in 2020.
English Bay Restaurants
The walks and sunsets near English Bay Beach are amazing, as are some of the area’s restaurants and their Dine Out Vancouver Festival specials.
- Cactus Club Cafe English Bay – this popular chain’s English Bay location is where you will find incredible food and some of the best sunset views in the city. Located at 1790 Beach Avenue, their Dine Out Vancouver menu was $35 for both lunch and dinner last year.
2-FOR-1 RESTAURANT DEALS
Want great deals at Lower Mainland restaurants throughout the year and not only in January? Then use the coupons in your 2020 Entertainment Coupon Book! And if you don’t have a book, then get one! The deals in many cases are as good or even better than what you’ll get with the Dine Out Vancouver Festival!
See our article about Entertainment Coupon Restaurants for details.
Views from False Creek
The views along the south side of the False Creek seawall are beautiful, especially on sunny days. Check out these restaurants either before or after a stroll.
- Bridges – this casual West Coast style restaurant is located on Granville Island and overlooks the False Creek water and Burrard Street Bridge. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is usually $35 for lunch or dinner.
- Dockside Restaurant – a popular restaurant on Granville Island. Located adjacent to the Granville Island Hotel at 1253 Johnston Street, they offered 3-course Dine Out Vancouver menu options for $45 in 2020.
- Mahony & Sons – a pub at 601 Stamps Landing, near the Olympic Village right on the water at False Creek. It serves Irish food and Irish music, often with a band in the evenings Thursday to Saturday. In previous years their other locations also participated, but not this past year. The Dine Out Vancouver menu offering at the Olympic Village location was $25 per person for dinner in 2020.
- Tap & Barrel Olympic Village – a popular bar-style restaurant in False Creek at #1 Athletes Way. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu price was $25 for both lunch and dinner in 2020.
North Shore Restaurants with Views
Whether up a mountain or at the waterfront, the North Shore offers some of the region’s best views, restaurants and outdoor recreation activities.
- The Observatory – Grouse Mountain‘s premier restaurant features fine West Coast dining and overlooks the entire Lower Mainland. Expect an average dinner on a regular day to cost about $60, excluding drinks, but it includes a free ride up in the Skytram (provided that you make your reservation in advance). The Observatory’s Dine Out Vancouver dinner menu was $45 in 2020, which was a good deal for the restaurant for dinner. (Note: This restaurant was closed for most of 2020 due to COVID-19 and it was still closed in mid-January 2021).
- Pier 7 – at 25 Wallace Mews Road near North Vancouver’s Shipbuilders’ Square just a short walk from Lonsdale Quay and the SeaBus terminal, this restaurant is right on the water and boasts amazing views of the Vancouver skyline. They specialize in West Coast cuisine and their Dine Out Vancouver menu is usually $35 for dinner.
- Salmon House – located at 2229 Folkestone Way in West Vancouver, not far from the turn off to Cypress Mountain, highlights of this restaurant are both the food and the view. It’s a beautiful spot and the perfect place to finish off a day of skiing. Normal dinner entrees range from about $30 to over $40 and their Dine Out Vancouver menu was $45 for dinner in 2020.
For more information on these and other fine restaurants participating in Vancouver’s great mid-winter culinary festival, check out the official Dine Out Vancouver Festival website.
For other best places to eat and drink throughout the Lower Mainland, check out the following:
- BURNABY’s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER’s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER’s Best Restaurants
For ideas on other things to do this month, check out our January Calendar.