In 2021, 22 North Shore restaurants participated in the Dine Out Vancouver Festival including some of the best restaurants in all of Vancouver.
Below are ten North Shore restaurants in particular that really stood out.
Best Dine Out Vancouver Restaurants on the North Shore
Dine Out Vancouver is a Metro Vancouver “festival” where over 300 restaurants throughout the region offer special discounted 3-course dinners for between $15 and $54 a person. It’s a way to boost business in the food industry during a normally slow month, plus expose locals to great local culinary venues.
(Note: Details are subject to change, so check out individual restaurant websites for exact details.)
North Shore Restaurants
Below we list some of the best restaurants that participated in the 2021 Dine Out Vancouver Festival in Ambleside and the Dundarave areas as well as around Lonsdale Quay, Lonsdale Avenue and Deep Cove.
Ambleside and Dundarave Area
Ambleside is a beautiful part of West Vancouver with a seawall to walk along and sandy beaches. It also has stunning views of the Lions Gate Bridge, Stanley Park and English Bay.
Dundarave is similar to Ambleside, at the west end of the same seawall. Enjoy a stroll in the area and then dine out at the following places:
- Ancora – a seafood restaurant near Ambleside at 1351 Bellevue Avenue. The place offered a 3-course lunch menu for $34 and a dinner one for $45.
- Cactus Club Cafe – this popular and trendy restaurant can be found at 855 Main Street in West Vancouver by Park Royal mall, not far from the beach and seawall at Ambleside. It makes for a great place after some shopping or a walk in the park. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu was $35 for dinner in 2021. This restaurant also participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.
- The Village Taphouse – a pub at 900 Main Street in the village area at Park Royal Mall. In 2021 they had $25 lunch and dinner specials that included a choice of a cheeseburger, pizza or macaroni & cheese entrées, plus an appetizer and dessert. The place also serves Ocean Wise certified seafood.
Lonsdale Quay Area
In Lower Lonsdale and around Lonsdale Quay you’ll find a concentration of some of the North Shore’s best restaurants. After a stroll along the waterfront, or after browsing through the Lonsdale Quay Public Market, check out the following for some great dining opportunities.
- Cheshire Cheese – a reasonably-priced restaurant on the second floor of Lonsdale Quay at 123 Carrie Cates Court. Its $28 dinner menu featured a choice of lamb curry, beef yorkies, fisherman’s pie or a vegetarian Moroccan stew. The restaurant also participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood initiative.
- Fishworks – a popular seafood restaurant at 91 Lonsdale Avenue. Their 2021 dinner special included a choice of “posh” fish & chips or a pesto steelhead entrée.
- The Lobby at the Pinnacle – located in the Pinnacle Hotel close to Lonsdale Quay at 138 Victory Ship Way, the restaurant specializes in West Coast cuisine. Entrées range from about $14 to $32 normally and its lunch and dinner festival menus were $38 per person in 2021. Ocean Wise Seafood is served here.
- Pier 7 – at 25 Wallace Mews Road near Shipbuilders’ Square just a short walk from the SeaBus terminal, this restaurant is right on the water. They specialize in West Coast cuisine and their 2021 Dine Out Vancouver dinner menu was $39. The place also serves Ocean Wise seafood.
- Tap & Barrel – the large pub-style restaurant at the bottom of Lonsdale Avenue had 3-course brunch specials for $22 and both lunch and dinner specials for $35.
- Vaades – arguably the best Indian restaurant in North Vancouver, Vaades is located at 149 West 3rd Street, just a few blocks up from Lonsdale Quay and the SeaBus. It’s not a fancy place, but if you like Indian food and you’re on the North Shore, then this is a good place to eat at. Their 3-course Dine Out Vancouver offering was $28 per person for dinner. For dessert, the best choice in our opinion is the chocolate cake.
- Bravo Cucina – an Italian place at 1209 Lonsdale Avenue (so halfway up the hill). They had a special lunch menu for $25 and a dinner one for $35 (both of which were also available for takeout).
Deep Cove is beautiful any time of the year. After a stroll along the waterfront, enjoy an early evening dinner at the Arms Reach Bistro, which offered great Dine Out Vancouver menus in 2021. Lunch cost just $28 and dinner cost $38.
More Dine Out North Shore Venues (from past years)
The following North Shore restaurants have offered Dine Out Vancouver menus in past years. They did NOT, however, participate in 2021. Hopefully they will again in the future. Both are closed temporarily because of the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Observatory – Grouse Mountain‘s premier restaurant features fine West Coast dining. The venue overlooks the entire Lower Mainland below. Dinner here includes a free ride up in the gondola, provided that you make your reservation in advance. The restaurant is usually open daily from 5 to 10 pm. (Note: As of early 2021, this restaurant is completely closed until further notice due to COVID-19.) (Note: This restaurant serves Ocean Wise seafood.)
- Salmon House – located at 2229 Folkestone Way in West Vancouver, the highlight of this restaurant is the view. It’s a beautiful spot and the perfect place to finish off a great day of skiing, or just a day somewhere enjoying nature on the North Shore. Dinner entrées range from about $30 to $40 normally and their Dine Out Vancouver menu was $40 the last time the restaurant participated in the festival. (Note: This restaurant is closed until at least early March in 2021.)
For other great restaurants participating in the Dine Out Vancouver Festival, both on the North Shore and elsewhere, check out the Dine Out Vancouver website.
For a list of some of the best restaurants elsewhere, click Downtown Vancouver Dine Out Festival Restaurants.
While you’re in the area, check out The Best of Vancouver’s North Shore to find amazing parks, trails and places to visit. The area has some of the most spectacular places and scenery in the world.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- North Vancouver Restaurants
- West Vancouver Restaurants
- City and District of North Vancouver
- District of West Vancouver
- North Vancouver Hotels
- Premium-Casual Chain Restaurants