About two dozen North Shore restaurants participate in the Dine Out Vancouver Festival including some of the best restaurants in all of Vancouver.
In 2023 the festival runs from January 20th until February 5th. It includes set menus at different venues as well as a few special events.
Below are ten North Shore restaurants in particular that really stand out and participate most years in our opinion.
Best Dine Out Vancouver Restaurants on the North Shore
Dine Out Vancouver is a Metro Vancouver “festival” where over 300 restaurants throughout the region offer special discounted 3-course dinners for between about $20 and $65 a person. It’s a way to boost business in the food industry during a normally slow month, plus expose locals to great local culinary venues.
(Note: 2023 details are subject to change, so check out individual restaurant websites for exact details.)
North Shore Restaurants
Below we list some of the best restaurants that are participating in the 2023 Dine Out Vancouver Festival in Ambleside and the Dundarave areas as well as around Lonsdale Quay, Lonsdale Avenue and Deep Cove.
Ambleside and Dundarave Area
Ambleside is a beautiful part of West Vancouver with a seawall to walk along and sandy beaches. It also has stunning views of the Lions Gate Bridge, Stanley Park and English Bay.
Dundarave is similar to Ambleside, at the west end of the same seawall. Enjoy a stroll in the area and then dine out at the following places:
- Ancora – a seafood restaurant near Ambleside at 1351 Bellevue Avenue. The place offers a 3-course dinner menu for $65 in 2023.
- Cactus Club Cafe – this popular and trendy restaurant can be found at 855 Main Street in West Vancouver by Park Royal Mall, not far from the beach and seawall at Ambleside. It makes for a great place after some shopping or a walk in the park. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $42 for dinner in 2023. This restaurant also participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.
- The Village Taphouse – a pub at 900 Main Street in the village area at Park Royal Mall. In 2023 they have a $35 dinner special that includes a choice of a burger, pizza, bolognese, or other entrées, plus an appetizer and dessert. The place also serves Ocean Wise certified seafood.
Lonsdale Quay Area
In Lower Lonsdale and around Lonsdale Quay you’ll find a concentration of some of the North Shore’s best restaurants. After a stroll along the waterfront, or after browsing through the Lonsdale Quay Public Market, check out the following for some great dining opportunities.
- Fishworks – a popular seafood restaurant at 91 Lonsdale Avenue. Their 2023 dinner special includes a choice of steamed whole fish, grilled scallop or Egmont sturgeon.
- The Lobby at the Pinnacle – located in the Pinnacle Hotel close to Lonsdale Quay at 138 Victory Ship Way, the restaurant specializes in West Coast cuisine. Their lunch and dinner festival menus are $48 per person in 2023. Ocean Wise Seafood is served here.
- Pier 7 – at 25 Wallace Mews Road near Shipbuilders’ Square just a short walk from the SeaBus terminal, this restaurant is right on the water. They specialize in West Coast cuisine and their 2023 Dine Out Vancouver lunch and dinner menu is $49. The place also serves Ocean Wise seafood.
- Tap & Barrel – the large pub-style restaurant at the bottom of Lonsdale Avenue has 3-course lunch and dinner specials for $37.50 per person.
- Bravo Cucina – an Italian place at 1209 Lonsdale Avenue (so halfway up the hill). In 2023, they have a special dinner menu for $45 that includes a choice of grilled meat, linguine or risotto.
Deep Cove is beautiful any time of the year. After a stroll along the waterfront, enjoy an early evening dinner at the Arms Reach Bistro, which offers great Dine Out Vancouver menus in 2023. Lunch and dinner specials cost $40 this year.
For other great restaurants participating in the Dine Out Vancouver Festival, both on the North Shore and elsewhere, check out the Dine Out Vancouver website.
For a list of some of the best restaurants elsewhere, click Downtown Vancouver Dine Out Festival Restaurants.
While you’re in the area, check out The Best of Vancouver’s North Shore to find amazing parks, trails and places to visit. The area has some of the most spectacular places and scenery in the world.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Dine Out Vancouver’s Street Food City
- North Vancouver Restaurants
- West Vancouver Restaurants
- City and District of North Vancouver
- District of West Vancouver
- North Vancouver Hotels
- Premium-Casual Chain Restaurants
- German Restaurants in the Lower Mainland