The PNE Summer Night Concerts are one of the most popular attractions at Vancouver’s annual Pacific National Exhibition in late August and early September.
In 2022 the PNE Summer Night Concerts run from August 20th until September 5th. Tickets for each concert are sold separately from general admission to the PNE.
For tickets and full details about concerts see the official pne.ca website.
This article includes the following information about PNE Summer Night Concerts:
2022 Night Concerts | Concerts in Past Recent Years | Tips and Advice | Admission | When and Where | Other Concerts and Entertainment | Other Information
PNE Summer Night Concerts
The PNE Fair hosts a couple of series of concerts. Big name artists like Burton Cummings and the Beach Boys perform nightly on a large stage in the PNE Amphitheatre.
In addition to the PNE Summer Night Concerts performances, other musicians play on the Festival Park stage. These artists are also exceptional, but tend to be locally-based. The big PNE Summer Night Concerts are ticketed events in 2022. The concerts at Festival Park, however, are usually free. You can just show up and come and go for them.
For tickets and other information, see the PNE Fair‘s website.
2022 Night Concerts
PNE Summer Night Concerts take place at 8:30 pm each evening outdoors in the PNE Amphitheatre.
In previous years, all performances were free to watch with regular admission to the PNE Fair. In 2022, however, paid tickets are required for each concert in addition to regular PNE Fair admission. (NOTE: This is only reasonable given the serious financial hardships the PNE has faced over the past couple of years because of COVID-19.)
Below is the PNE concert lineup for 2022.
- Saturday, August 20, 2022 – The B-52s Farewell Tour
- Sunday, August 21, 2022 – Blue Rodeo
- Tuesday, August 23, 2022 – Barenaked Ladies and Kim Mitchell
- Wednesday, August 24, 2022 – CAKE
- Thursday, August 25, 2022 – Vancouver Symphony Orchestra: A Tribute to the Beatles
- Friday, August 26, 2022 – Stars of Drag “A Night of True Colours”
- Saturday, August 27, 2022 – Gipsy Kings featuring Nicolas Reyes
- Sunday, August 28, 2022 – Chicago
- Tuesday, August 30, 2022 – Steve Miller Band
- Wednesday, August 31, 2022 – TLC & Shaggy
- Thursday, September 1, 2022 – Brothers Osborne
- Friday, September 2, 2022 – Nelly
- Saturday, September 3, 2022 – BACHMAN CUMMINGS
- Sunday, September 4, 2022 – The Beach Boys – Sixty Years of the Sounds of Summer
- Monday, September 5, 2022 – Chaka Khan & Patti LaBelle
Concerts in Past Recent Years
In 2021 there were live music performances with local artists. They were free and fun, but didn’t feature as many well-known artists as usual. Performers included the R&B Allstars, Groove & Tonic, Dr. Strangelove, Soulstream, and The Motown Show featuring the Hitsville Band.
Every year there are some great bands (especially in years without pandemics).
The 2019 lineup of music at the PNE included concerts by Blue Rodeo, Cheap Trick, UB40, Colin James, Vanilla Ice, the Beach Boys, Burton Cummings, MC Hammer, Bobby Brown and others. (Of these, Blue Rodeo, the Beach Boys and Burton Cummings are back in 2022.)
In 2018, concerts included performances by favourite oldies like Boyz II Men, Air Supply, Kool & the Gang, Jann Arden, Burton Cummings, Chicago, the Village People and Cyndi Lauper.
See below for details about the 2022 PNE evening concerts. For more information about the PNE in general, click Pacific National Exhibition.
Tips and Advice
Below are some suggestions and information to help you make the most out of your concert experience at the PNE most years.
TIP #1: Ticket prices for the PNE concerts are separate from PNE Fair admission in 2022. If you wish to attend a concert, both tickets are required.
TIP #2: For the really popular groups, consider reserving your seat well in advance. On the other hand, don’t reserve too far in advance as late August in Vancouver has a tendency to be wet and you might not want to pay if it’s going to rain. That being said, PNE concerts in the rain can be a ton of fun too!
TIP #3: Don’t just go to the concerts. There are so many other things to do at the Fair as well! Go early and enjoy all the other activities too.
Night Concerts Admission
In previous years, admission to the PNE Summer Night Concerts was free with general admission to the fair.
Unfortunately, this isn’t the case in 2022. This year, paid tickets are required for all Summer Night Concerts, in addition to general admission. Concert tickets were on sale as of May 27th and cost between $15 and $80 each.
When and Where
In 2022 the PNE takes place from August 20th until September 5th.
The fair is usually open every day from 11 am until late evening, except for the first and second Mondays of the season when the place is closed. The one Monday when the PNE is open each year is Labour Day which is the first Monday in September.
The Pacific National Exhibition is located at 2901 East Hastings Street in Vancouver. It’s just a few blocks from the Trans-Canada Highway.
Night concerts at the PNE take place every evening at 8:30 pm in the PNE Amphitheatre which is in the northwest corner of the area with all the fair’s rides and midway attractions, so just slightly north of the Ferris wheel.
Other Concerts & Entertainment
In addition to the PNE Summer Night Concerts there is a lot of other free entertainment offered at the fair including the SuperDogs shows.
Each year some great bands perform at various times as part of the Festival Park and Revel District series of concerts which are free with general admission.
To learn more about what’s happening at the fair this year, see our article about the Pacific National Exhibition.
Revel District Performances
Below is the schedule of shows in the Revel District in 2022. All dates and times are subject to change.
- For the Love of Drag – every day of the fair at 4:30 and 6:00 pm
- Tanner Olsen Band – August 20th, 21st and 23rd at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- R&B Allstars – August 20th, 21st, 23rd and 27th at 7:30 and 10:30 pm
- Groove & Tonic – August 24th to 26th at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- Dr. Strangelove – August 24th to 26th at 7:30 and 10:00 pm
- Mazacote – August 27th at 1:30 and 2:30 pm, and August 28th and 30th at 7:30 and 10:00 pm
- Tiller’s Folly 25th Anniversary Show – August 28th and 30th at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- Side One – August 31st to September 2nd at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- The Phonix Dance Band – August 31st to September 2nd at 7:30 and 10:00 pm
- The Paperboys – September 3rd to 5th at 1:30 and 2:30 pm
- Trilojay – September 3rd to 5th at 7:30 and 10:00 pm
For more information about the concerts, see the PNE’s Official Website.
To learn more about the fair, see our article about the Pacific National Exhibition.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver’s August and September Calendars
- Vancouver’s Shows & Entertainment Calendar
- Free Summer Concerts
- Vancouver Summer Activities
- Labour Day Weekend in Vancouver
- Vancouver Top 100 Places