The Dine Out Vancouver Festival runs from January 14th to 31st in 2022. During that time dozens of downtown restaurants offer 3-course menu deals.
(Note: For participating restaurants in other parts of the Lower Mainland, see our main article about the Dine Out Vancouver Festival or click Festival Restaurants on the North Shore. To learn more about the festival’s food truck event, click Street Food City).
Best Downtown Restaurants in February
In addition to restaurant names and details, we’ve provided suggestions on what to see and do in the different areas while you’re there. Don’t just go out for a nice meal – explore the area and Vancouver’s top attractions while you’re at it! When you do head out though, be sure to wear a mask when needed and to hang out only with people from within your own household.
(Note: The information below is from the 2022 festival and is subject to change.)
Downtown Dine Out Restaurants
Enjoy a stroll around the core of downtown or do some window shopping at Pacific Centre, along Granville Street or at shops along Robson. Other things to do in the area include checking out the Vancouver Art Gallery or Bill Reid Gallery.
And while you’re in the area, make a reservation for a fabulous dinner at one of the following establishments:
Restaurants in Hotels
- Bacchus at the Wedgewood – a fancy restaurant at 845 Hornby Street in the Wedgewood Hotel. Dinner here is about $65 without wine normally, but it is $59 with their Dine Out Vancouver Festival 2022 menu.
- Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar – a high-end seafood restaurant located at the Sutton Place Hotel at 845 Burrard Street. Their festival menu in 2022 includes a choice of ling cod or celery risotto for $59. The place also serves Ocean Wise Seafood.
- Hawksworth Restaurant – a fancy and highly-rated Pacific Northwest-style restaurant at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia at 801 West Georgia Street. In 2022 they are offering a $29 lunch menu and a $59 dinner menu. Entrée choices include a braised beef brisket or a smoked fish chowder depending on the time of day.
Other Nearby Restaurants
- Black + Blue – one of Vancouver’s best steakhouses, located at 1032 Alberni Street. Their festival menu is $59 for dinner in 2022. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- Cactus Club Cafe – located at 588 Burrard Street, the Bentall 5 location of this popular chain offers a dinner menu for $38 during the festival. This restaurant also participates in the Ocean Wise program.
- Chambar – one of Vancouver’s top-rated casual dining restaurants, located at 568 Beatty Street. Chambar is a carbon-neutral Belgian restaurant that offers a dinner menu for $49 per person. The place also serves Ocean Wise seafood.
- Gyu-Kaku – a popular Japanese chain with a downtown location at G3 – 888 Nelson Street not far from the Scotia Cineplex movie theatre. It’s a casual yakiniku Japanese-BBQ-style restaurant where you cook the food yourself at your table. Gyu-Kaku’s Dine Out Vancouver menu in 2022 is $39 for lunch and dinner.
- The Keg – BC’s original and highly popular steakhouse chain has downtown locations at 1121 Alberni Street and 688 Dunsmuir Street, as well as in Yaletown and on Granville Island. Their $55 Dine Out Vancouver menu includes a choice of sirloin steak, prime rib or salmon entrees.
- Kobe – an entertaining Japanese teppanyaki-hibachi-style BBQ restaurant at 1042 Alberni Street. At this place the chef cooks the meal at your table. Open only evenings, it’s not inexpensive, but definitely worth the experience. Their 2022 Dine Out Vancouver menu costs $59.
Want to turn your dinner out into a mini staycation? If you book a downtown Vancouver hotel through StayVancouverHotels.com you can get valuable bonus perks including free tickets to FlyOver Canada and Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge.
Yaletown Dine Out Restaurants
Yaletown is where you’ll find some of Vancouver’s finest restaurants. It’s also close to False Creek, so a great place to walk around. Below are some great establishments where you can have a 3-course meal for $38 to $59 in 2022.
- Cactus Club Cafe – located at 357 Davie Street in Yaletown, this fun casual restaurant’s Dine Out Vancouver dinner menu is $38. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- Minami – located at 1118 Mainland Street, this is one of Vancouver’s best high-end Japanese restaurants. Minami’s Dine Out Vancouver menus in 2022 are $45 for lunch and $59 for dinner. This restaurant also serves Ocean Wise seafood.
- The Keg – their Yaletown location is a great one at 1011 Mainland with 3-course dinner specials that cost $55. Their prime rib is exceptional, as are their steaks!
Gastown Festival Restaurants
Go for a stroll around Canada Place and the Convention Centre, or do some window shopping and people watching along Granville Street or in Gastown before enjoying a meal at any one of the following culinary venues:
- L’Abattoir – one of the best casual restaurants in Gastown, located at 217 Carrall Street in a 19th-century brick building that once housed Vancouver’s first jail. Their 2022 Dine Out Vancouver special is a tasting menu available to guests during the festival. Unlike other places, the cost for this offer is a whopping $145 per person!
- Top of Vancouver – a revolving at 555 West Hastings Street at the top of the Harbour Centre. Entrees range from about $22 up to $60 or more on a regular day, and you get to enjoy your meal while admiring the amazing 360 degree views of the city. Their Dine Out Vancouver menu in 2022 is $59.
Canada Place and Coal Harbour Restaurants
Enjoy a walk along the Coal Harbour waterfront while appreciating the city, ocean and North Shore Mountain views. Then continue your stroll around the Vancouver Convention Centre and Canada Place before sitting down to enjoy your 3-course festival dinner.
Restaurants in the area include some of Vancouver’s top-rated and most popular restaurants.
- Five Sails – a fancy West Coast-style restaurant at the Pan Pacific Hotel right at Canada Place. Their 2022 lunch and dinner specials cost $59. Both times include a choice of steelhead or beef. The special offering is only available on weekdays.
- H Tasting Lounge – at the Westin Bayshore Hotel at 1601 Bayshore Drive (so on the Coal Harbour waterfront, but a fair ways from Canada Place). Their $35 dinner special includes a choice of salmon, short rib or vegetarian linguine.
- P2B Bistro & Bar – an upscale yet casual-style restaurant at the Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront at 1133 West Hastings Street. In 2022 they are offering special $25 lunch menus and $45 dinner menus during the Dine Out Vancouver Festival. Depending on the time of day, main dishes include pasta, salmon, burgers, thai curry and more.
Robson Dine Out Restaurants
Find yourself out on Robson Street enjoying the winter weather while doing a bit of shopping? Reward yourself with a delicious meal from some of the region’s most successful and well-known restaurants.
- Banana Leaf – a Malaysian restaurant at 1043 Davie Street (with multiple locations). Their 2022 lunch special costs $25 and their dinner special costs $40. Depending on the time of day, mains include fish fillet, beef curry, mango chili tiger prawns and more.
- Cactus Club Cafe – located at 1136 Robson Street, this is a great restaurant to enjoy dinner at while taking a break from the shopping. Their special 3-course dinner offers are $38 during the festival this year. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- Forage – a farm-to-table-style restaurant at 1300 Robson Street beside the Listel Hotel. Their 2022 menu costs $45 and features a choice of lingcod, duck leg or a vegetarian dish, all of which are paired with a wine. The place also participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.
- Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House – at 777 Thurlow Street near Robson Street. Their 3-course $59 dinner menu in 2022 features a choice of spring salmon, prawn linguine or New York steak. The restaurant also serves Ocean Wise Seafood.
English Bay Dine Out Favourites
- Cactus Club Cafe – this popular chain’s English Bay location is where you will find incredible food and some of the best sunset views in the city. Located at 1790 Beach Avenue, their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $38 for dinner. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- España – located at 1118 Denman Street, this place serves Spanish and Portuguese cuisine from Wednesdays to Sundays between 5 and 10 pm. Their 2022 festival menu costs $43 and includes a choice of braised beef, rock cod and vegetarian entrees.
- Sylvia Restaurant & Lounge – located in the Sylvia Hotel at 1154 Gilford Street, this West Coast-style restaurant has a $49 dinner menu in 2022 that includes seafood, chicken and vegetarian curry options.
Street Food City Food Trucks
Street Food City is an event involving food trucks that’s part of the Dine Out Vancouver Festival most years. See below for information about the event, or even further below for a brief video showing you what it looks like.
In 2019 Street Food City ran from January 17th until February 6th. The food trucks were on site on January 31st, plus the Saturday to Thursday of February 1st to 6th. It was also going to happen on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of January 17th, 18th and 19th as well, but those days got cancelled due to snow.
Hours of operation for the Street Food City event in 2020 were going to be from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm on weekdays and from 11:00 am to 5:00 on weekends. In the end though the event got cancelled because of COVID.
Street Food City is back in 2022. It runs this year from January 15th until January 23rd.
In years when it does happen, Street Food City takes place in the north plaza (šx????n?q Xwtl’e7énk Square) outside the Vancouver Art Gallery on Georgia Street (between Howe and Hornby). A dozen or so restaurants participate each day, although 20 or so take part in total. In good years, as many as 20,000 people show up to try the foods over the course of the week.
To learn about other Food Truck events at other times of the year click Lower Mainland Food Truck Festivals.
For a list of top festival restaurants in other parts of Metro Vancouver, click Dine Out Vancouver Restaurants.
To find festival restaurants with spectacular scenery, click Dine Out Vancouver Venues with a View.
For lists of some of the region’s best restaurants in general, click any of the following:
- BURNABY’s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER’s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER’s Best Restaurants
For ideas on other things to do in Vancouver at various times of the year check out the following:
- Vancouver’s January Calendar
- Vancouver’s February Calendar
- Festivals & Events Calendar
- Metro Vancouver’s Top 100 Attractions
- Vancouver Premium-Casual Chain Restaurants
- Granville Island Restaurants