The Dine Out Vancouver Festival runs from January 20th to February 5th in 2023. During that time dozens of downtown restaurants offer 3-course menu deals.
Whether you’re looking for a place in the Downtown Core, Yaletown, Gastown, Coal Harbour, Robson Street or around English Bay, below is a list of some of the best restaurants to visit.
(Note: For participating restaurants in other parts of the Lower Mainland, see our main article about the Dine Out Vancouver Festival or click Festival Restaurants on the North Shore. To learn more about the festival’s food truck event, click Street Food City).
Best Downtown Restaurants in February
In addition to restaurant names and details, we’ve provided suggestions on what to see and do in the different areas while you’re there. Don’t just go out for a nice meal – explore the area and Vancouver’s top attractions while you’re at it!
(Note: The information below is from the 2023 festival and is subject to change.)
Downtown Dine Out Restaurants
Enjoy a stroll around the core of downtown or do some window shopping at Pacific Centre, along Granville Street or at shops along Robson. Other things to do in the area include checking out the Vancouver Art Gallery or Bill Reid Gallery.
And while you’re in the area, make a reservation for a fabulous dinner at one of the following establishments:
Restaurants in Hotels
- Bacchus at the Wedgewood – a fancy restaurant at 845 Hornby Street in the Wedgewood Hotel. Dinner here is $65 during the Dine Out Vancouver Festival in 2023. Entrée options include steelhead, bavette and mushroom risotto.
- Boulevard Kitchen & Oyster Bar – a high-end seafood restaurant located at the Sutton Place Hotel at 845 Burrard Street. Their festival menu in 2023 includes a choice of ling cod, wagyu beef or pasta for $65. The place also serves Ocean Wise Seafood.
- Hawksworth Restaurant – a fancy and highly-rated Pacific Northwest-style restaurant at the Rosewood Hotel Georgia at 801 West Georgia Street. In 2023 they are offering a $29 lunch menu with beetroot tartare and braised beef cheek.
Other Nearby Restaurants
- Black + Blue – one of Vancouver’s best steakhouses, located at 1032 Alberni Street. Their festival menu is $65 for dinner in 2023. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- Cactus Club Cafe – located at 588 Burrard Street, the Bentall 5 location of this popular chain offers a dinner menu for $42 during the festival. This restaurant also participates in the Ocean Wise program.
- Chambar – one of Vancouver’s top-rated casual dining restaurants, located at 568 Beatty Street. Chambar is a carbon-neutral Belgian restaurant that offers a dinner menu for $49 per person. The place also serves Ocean Wise seafood.
- Gyu-Kaku – a popular Japanese chain with a downtown location at G3 – 888 Nelson Street not far from the Scotia Cineplex movie theatre. It’s a casual yakiniku Japanese-BBQ-style restaurant where you cook the food yourself at your table. Gyu-Kaku’s Dine Out Vancouver menu in 2023 is $45 for lunch and dinner.
- The Keg – BC’s original and highly popular steakhouse chain has downtown locations at 1121 Alberni Street and 688 Dunsmuir Street, as well as in Yaletown and on Granville Island. Their $55 Dine Out Vancouver menu includes a choice of sirloin steak, prime rib or filet mignon entrées.
Want to turn your dinner out into a mini staycation? If you book a downtown Vancouver hotel through StayVancouverHotels.com you can get valuable bonus perks including free tickets to FlyOver Canada and Canyon Lights at Capilano Suspension Bridge.
Yaletown Dine Out Restaurants
Yaletown is where you’ll find some of Vancouver’s finest restaurants. It’s also close to False Creek, so a great place to walk around. Below are some great establishments where you can have a 3-course meal for $42 to $55 in 2023.
- Cactus Club Cafe – located at 357 Davie Street in Yaletown, this fun casual restaurant’s Dine Out Vancouver dinner menu is $42. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- Minami – located at 1118 Mainland Street, this is one of Vancouver’s best high-end Japanese restaurants. Minami’s Dine Out Vancouver menu in 2023 is $45 for a 3-course lunch. This restaurant also serves Ocean Wise seafood.
- The Keg – their Yaletown location is a great one at 1011 Mainland with 3-course dinner specials that cost $55. Their prime rib is exceptional, as are their steaks!
Gastown Festival Restaurants
Go for a stroll around Canada Place and the Convention Centre, or do some window shopping and people watching along Granville Street or in Gastown before enjoying a meal at any one of the following culinary venues:
- The Mackenzie Room – a farm to table restaurant with a seasonal menu located at 415 Powell Street. During the Dine Out Vancouver Festival in 2023, they offer a $65 tasting menu with 5 courses for dinner.
- Nuba – a modern Lebanese restaurant located in Gastown at 207 West Hastings Street. Their 2023 Dine Out Vancouver dinner special costs $43 and includes a choice of filo beet terrine or lamb shank.
- Pourhouse – casual dining in a building constructed in 1910, located at 162 Water Street. The restaurant serves hearty meals and old-fashioned cocktails. They offer a $39 lunch special and a $55 dinner special during the Dine Out Vancouver Festival.
- Top of Vancouver – a revolving at 555 West Hastings Street at the top of the Harbour Centre. You get to enjoy your meal while admiring the amazing 360 degree views of the city. Their 3-course Dine Out Vancouver menu in 2023 is $65.
Canada Place and Coal Harbour Restaurants
Enjoy a walk along the Coal Harbour waterfront while appreciating the city, ocean and North Shore Mountain views. Then continue your stroll around the Vancouver Convention Centre and Canada Place before sitting down to enjoy your 3-course festival dinner.
Restaurants in the area include some of Vancouver’s top-rated and most popular restaurants.
- H2 Kitchen + Bar – an exceptional smokehouse-style restaurant at the Westin Bayshore Hotel. The place specializes in smokehouse-style cuisine like rotisserie chicken, barbecued ribs and brisket. Their 2023 Dine Out Vancouver Festival menu costs $35. (To learn more about this restaurant visit its website or see our article about the H2 Kitchen + Bar.)
- Five Sails – a fancy West Coast-style restaurant at the Pan Pacific Hotel right at Canada Place. Their 2023 dinner special costs $65 and includes a choice of steak, bass, or risotto.
- H Tasting Lounge – at the Westin Bayshore Hotel at 1601 Bayshore Drive (so on the Coal Harbour waterfront, but a fair ways from Canada Place). Their $30 lunch special includes a choice of chicken breast or a vegan fried rice bowl.
- P2B Bistro & Bar – an upscale yet casual-style restaurant at the Pinnacle Hotel Harbourfront at 1133 West Hastings Street. In 2023 they are offering special $45 lunch and dinner menus during the Dine Out Vancouver Festival. Main dishes are marinated pork chop and squash gnocchi with cauliflower puree.
Robson Dine Out Restaurants
Find yourself out on Robson Street enjoying the winter weather while doing a bit of shopping? Reward yourself with a delicious meal from some of the region’s most successful and well-known restaurants.
- Banana Leaf – a Malaysian restaurant at 1043 Davie Street (with multiple locations). Their 2023 lunch special costs $25 and their dinner special costs $35. Depending on the time of day, mains include fish fillet, beef curry, hainanese chicken and more.
- Forage – a farm-to-table-style restaurant at 1300 Robson Street beside the Listel Hotel. Their 2023 menu costs about $59 and features a choice of bison cheeks, sturgeon or a vegetarian dish, all of which are paired with a wine. The place also participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.
- Joe Fortes Seafood & Chop House – at 777 Thurlow Street near Robson Street. Their 3-course $65 dinner menu in 2023 features a choice of steelhead trout, chicken breast or New York steak. The restaurant also serves Ocean Wise Seafood.
English Bay Dine Out Favourites
English Bay is Vancouver’s premier urban beach. Close by is trendy Denman Street, colourful Davie Street and the seawall connecting False Creek with Stanley Park.
- Cactus Club Cafe – this popular chain’s English Bay location is where you will find incredible food and some of the best sunset views in the city. Located at 1790 Beach Avenue, their Dine Out Vancouver menu is $42 for dinner. (Note: This restaurant participates in the Ocean Wise Seafood program.)
- España – located at 1118 Denman Street, this place serves Spanish and Portuguese cuisine from Wednesdays to Sundays. Their 2023 festival menu costs $44 and includes a choice of braised beef, ling cod and vegetarian entrées.
- Sylvia Restaurant & Lounge – located in the Sylvia Hotel at 1154 Gilford Street, this West Coast-style restaurant has a $49 dinner menu in 2023 that includes seafood, duck breast and vegetarian options.
Street Food City Food Trucks
Street Food City is an event involving food trucks that’s part of the Dine Out Vancouver Festival most years. See below for information about the event, or even further below for a brief video showing you what it looks like.
Street Food City is back in 2023. It runs this year from January 21st until January 29th.
Street Food City takes place in the north plaza (šx????n?q Xwtl’e7énk Square) outside the Vancouver Art Gallery on Georgia Street (between Howe and Hornby). A dozen or so restaurants participate each day, although 20 or so take part in total. In good years, as many as 20,000 people show up to try the foods over the course of the week.
To learn more about this event see our article about Street Food City. For a list of other similar events at other times of the year click Lower Mainland Food Truck Festivals.
To learn about other Food Truck events at other times of the year click Lower Mainland Food Truck Festivals.
For a list of top festival restaurants in other parts of Metro Vancouver, click Dine Out Vancouver Restaurants.
To find festival restaurants with spectacular scenery, click Dine Out Vancouver Venues with a View.
For lists of some of the region’s best restaurants in general, click any of the following:
- BURNABY’s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER’s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER’s Best Restaurants
For ideas on other things to do in Vancouver at various times of the year check out the following:
- Vancouver’s January Calendar
- Vancouver’s February Calendar
- Festivals & Events Calendar
- Metro Vancouver’s Top 100 Attractions
- Vancouver Premium-Casual Chain Restaurants
- Granville Island Restaurants