The Entertainment Book Membership is a coupon book that offers discount deals at Vancouver and Lower Mainland stores, attractions and restaurants.
Some of our favourite content in the book is the dozens of coupons for area restaurants. If you’re on a tight budget but like eating out, it’s a most valuable resource to have!
For information about the program in general click Entertainment Coupon Book. For information about some of the best Lower Mainland restaurant deals, continue reading.
Entertainment Book and Lower Mainland Restaurants
The 2021 Vancouver & Vancouver Island edition of the Entertainment Coupon Book contains fabulous deals for restaurant lovers!
The books include 2-for-1 coupons for fast-food restaurants, family-friendly places and fine-dining establishments. Participating restaurants offer everything from ethnic food to hamburgers, vegetarian dishes and four-star dining!
Click on any of the above links to jump to a list of restaurants in a specific municipality, or continue reading for a comprehensive list of some of the best Lower Mainland restaurants in the 2021 Entertainment Coupon Book.
At the end of the article you’ll also find a list of Tips and Advice to help you make the most out of your restaurant coupons.
Note: We don’t list every “best restaurant” in the Entertainment Book – just a sample of some of the many that stand out.
Also, our list includes fancy establishments as well as inexpensive diners – so don’t expect silverware and service-fit-for-royalty everywhere. What you can expect though is great value for what you get, especially with your coupons.
Want to learn how you can access 2-for-1 coupons on your phone for places close to where you are? Then check out our article about the Entertainment Coupon App.
About the Entertainment Book
The Entertainment Coupon Book is a membership program that’s full of deals. The book comes out in the late summer and its contents are valid until December 30th of the following year.
The book is full of coupons for restaurants of every kind, as well as for stores, travel destinations and area attractions. Most of the restaurant coupons are 2-for-1, meaning that if you buy one qualifying menu item you get a second item of equal or lesser value for free.
Sometimes the restaurant coupons are only for lunch menu items, sometimes for dinner, sometimes for both, and in other cases for purchases made any time of day.
Occasionally, instead of a standard 2-for-1 offer, specific restaurant coupons can be for a certain percentage discount off the total bill. This isn’t usually the case, but it is sometimes.
To learn about how to find 2-for-1 deals on your phone, see our article about the Entertainment Coupon Book App.
Restaurant Coupon Restrictions
The policy of only one Entertainment Book coupon per table at a restaurant is pretty standard. Also, coupon values exclude tips, taxes, alcohol and most special menu items.
COUPON RESTRICTIONS RATIONALE
Coupon limits of use are all very reasonable and designed to give value to customers without overburdening the business.
Restaurant owners need to make a living, and margins in the food industry are tight! That’s why they can’t afford to give big discounts on menu items already on sale or at the restaurants’ busiest times (e.g., statutory holidays and other special occasions).
The way Entertainment Book coupons work, consumers get a great deal and restaurants get to introduce themselves to new customers.
Entertainment Coupon Book Restaurants
Below is a list of some of the most popular fine dining and casual restaurants included in the 2021 edition of the book.
Restaurants we list typically get between 3 and 5-star reviews online. Some are moderately priced and others more expensive. Entertainment Book coupons make them all an especially good value.
Note: Participating restaurants and offer details are subject to change and certain restrictions may apply.
Coupon Restaurants in Vancouver
Below is a great restaurant offering 2021 Entertainment Book coupon deals within the City of Vancouver.
- Shaughnessy – the restaurant at VanDusen Garden at 5251 Oak Street. Their coupon is good for a 2-for-1 dinner entrée valued at up to $18. TIP: If you want appetizers or drinks for a good price too, go towards the end of Happy Hour which runs daily from 3 until 5 pm. (Note: The coupon is not valid during VanDusen Garden’s Festival of Lights event or during the month of December.)
Coupon Restaurants in Burnaby
Below is a good Burnaby restaurant with a buy-one-get-one-free coupon in the 2021 Entertainment Book.
- Sfinaka Greek Taverna – a Mediterranean restaurant at 4061 Hastings Street. The offer here is for a free lunch or dinner entrée when a second lunch or dinner entrée of equal or greater value is purchased (up to a value of $13).
For ideas on things to do while in the area click Burnaby.
Restaurant Coupons in Langley
The 2021 Entertainment Books have coupons at the following Langley and Fort Langley restaurants:
- Ashoka – a popular Indian restaurant at 20530 Fraser Highway in Langley. Their Entertainment Coupon Book offer is good for one lunch or dinner entrée (excluding the buffet) worth up to $10.
- Ban Chock Dee – a reasonably-priced Thai restaurant at 20563 Douglas Crescent (and with a second and equally popular location in Maple Ridge). Their coupon is valid for a free second lunch or dinner entrée up to $10 in value.
- Kostas – a Greek restaurant at 20080 Fraser Highway. The place offers live music on Friday and Saturday evenings and their coupon is good for a free dinner entrée up to a $10 value.
For ideas on things to do in the area click Fraser Valley.
2021 books are on sale at a great price! Click Entertainment Book Deals to buy your copy before they run out!
Restaurant Coupons in Maple Ridge
The following Maple Ridge restaurants have valuable coupons in the 2021 Entertainment Book:
- Ban Chock Dee – a popular Thai food place at 20395 Lougheed Highway (and with a second location in Langley). Their coupon is good for a buy-one-get-one $10 lunch or dinner entrée.
- Bella Vita – a locally-owned and operated restaurant located at 22471 Lougheed Highway in the Haney Place Mall. Their coupon is good for $10 off purchases of $40 or more.
- Paliotti’s – a family-owned Italian restaurant at 12018 Edge Street that offers 50% off a second lunch or dinner entrée (so it’s not 2-for-1, but still up to a 25% savings).
For ideas on things to do in the region click Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows.
Restaurant Coupons in New Westminster
Find yourself hungry and in New Westminster? Then tear out your coupons and check out these highly-rated restaurants:
- Angelina’s – a Dutch-style restaurant that’s famous for its breakfast pancakes and waffles at 810 Quayside Drive near the New West waterfront. The Entertainment Book coupon here is good for up to a $10 discount when two entrées are ordered. Reservations are required.
- The Old Bavaria Haus – a popular European restaurant in a 100-year-old-plus building at 233 Sixth Street in New Westminster (just a couple of blocks above Royal Avenue). Their coupon offer is for a free dinner entrée worth up to $15 when a second is purchased of equal or greater value.
Coupon Restaurants on the North Shore
- The Salmon House – a classy restaurant with amazing views at 2229 Folkstone Way in West Vancouver (not far from the turnoff to Cypress Mountain). Their coupon is good for a 2-for-1 à la carte dinner entrée up to $24 in value.
- Thai House Restaurant – a popular and reasonably-priced place at 116 West Esplanade in North Vancouver (just up the street from Lonsdale Quay). They offer both a 2-for-1 appy coupon and a 2-for-1 lunch or dinner deal worth up to $12 and $16 respectively.
- Vaades – a casual and affordably-priced East Indian restaurant with exceptional food at 149 3rd Street in North Vancouver. Coupon value is up to $16.
Coupon Restaurants in Richmond
Below is a list of popular restaurants in Richmond with coupons in the 2021 Entertainment Book.
- The Apron – a restaurant with a contemporary Pacific Northwest menu at the Wall Centre Vancouver Airport Hotel at 3099 Corvette Way. Its coupon book offer is good for 2-for-1 lunches or dinners up to a $35 value.
- CAVU Kitchen Bar – a casual-style place serving burgers and pasta at 5911 Minoru Boulevard (not far from Richmond Centre). Their Entertainment Book deal is good for a 2-for-1 lunch or dinner entrée up to $25 in value. Cavu also serves seafood recommended by the Ocean Wise Seafood program.
- Italian Tomato Restaurant – a casual place with a menu offering 14 pastas and 39 different sauces. Their coupon is good for up to $10 off any purchase of $40 or more.
For ideas on what to do in the area click Richmond.
Restaurant Coupons in Surrey
The 2021 Entertainment Book features a selection of good restaurants in Surrey including the following:
- Alebi African Cuisine – an African restaurant at 10694 135a Street. This place has three coupons, all of which are good for one free entrée when a second of equal or greater value is purchased (up to $13 in value).
- Kelly’s Irish Pub – at #112 – 7218 King George Highway. Their coupon is good for 25% off the total bill (up to $40 and excluding specials and alcohol).
For ideas on what to do in the area click Surrey.
2021 books are on sale at a great price! Click Entertainment Book Deals to buy your copy!
Restaurant Coupons in the Tri-Cities
A restaurant with an Entertainment Book coupon deal in Port Coquitlam is the following:
- Izba Bistro – a Polish-Canadian restaurant at 1545 Lougheed Highway in Port Coquitlam. The offer here is valid for 25% off the total bill (excluding things like taxes and alcohol) up to a value of $25.
Coupon Restaurants in White Rock
If you find yourself in White Rock and are looking for a nice place to eat, use your Entertainment Book coupons at the following:
- Washington Avenue Grill – a popular restaurant with ocean views and an outdoor patio at #5-15782 Marine Drive. Its coupon is good for a buy-one-get-one free lunch or dinner entrée worth up to $16 (excluding specials and alcohol).
For ideas on things to do while in the area, click White Rock. Top activities include strolls along the waterfront, spending summer days on the beach and checking out the White Rock Farmers Market between May and October.
Tips and Advice
Below are some tips and suggestions to help you make the most out of your Entertainment Coupon Book and restaurant dining experiences.
TIP #1: Keep an Entertainment Coupon Book in your car. That way when you’re driving around town and get hungry you’ll have your coupons handy and a list of restaurants in whatever part of town you happen to be.
TIP #2: When dining out, be generous with your tip! You saved money and the waiter or waitress likely worked just as hard as if you paid full price. Tipping 15 to 20% for satisfactory service before deducting the discount is recommended and appreciated.
TIP #3: Entertainment Book coupons are honored at “participating” venues. That means, in some cases, not all locations in a particular chain are necessarily “participating.” Ask if you can use the coupon before ordering, or when making your reservation, if the only reason you’re buying an item is because of the coupon.
TIP #4: The restaurant business is a tough one! Restaurants come and go, and they sometimes change ownership. If you find the establishment you were looking for no longer exists, or no longer honors Entertainment Book coupons, don’t fret! There are lots of other great places to eat. Also, if it really is important to eat at a specific place and use your coupon, make a reservation and confirm details in advance.
TIP #5: Download the Entertainment Coupon Mobile App. It comes free with the hard copy of the book and includes tons of additional coupon deals (not just in the Lower Mainland and Vancouver Island but in cities across both Canada and the United States). The mobile app means you don’t have to carry the book everywhere you go, plus you can save when you travel to other cities too!
For further details about the Entertainment Book, or to purchase a copy, check out shop.entertainment.com.
For ideas on other ways to save in the Lower Mainland click Vancouver on a Budget.
For lists of Lower Mainland restaurants that include ones not in the Entertainment Book, check out the following:
- BURNABY‘s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER‘s Best Restaurants