The Terry Fox Run is a fundraising event for cancer research in mid-September at various venues in the Lower Mainland including Vancouver’s Stanley Park.
In 2019 most runs happen on Sunday, September 15th.
Terry Fox Run Times and Locations
In 2019 Terry Fox Runs takes place at the following locations and times:
- Abbotsford: 9 am at Tradex
- Burnaby: 9 am at Swangard Stadium
- Coquitlam: 10 am at Mundy Park
- New Westminster: 10 am at the Quay/River Market
- North Vancouver: 10 am at Inter River Park
- Port Moody: 10 am at Rocky Point Park
- Richmond: 10 am at Garry Point Park
- Surrey: at various times and locations including in Cloverdale, Fraser Heights in North Surrey and White Rock in South Surrey.
- Vancouver: 10 am starting by Stanley Park’s Second Beach
- West Vancouver: 10 am at Dundarave
- Chilliwack: 9:30 am at Landing Sports Centre
- Maple Ridge/Pitt Meadows: 10 am at Pitt Meadows Spirit Centre
- Delta/Tsawwassen: one at 10 am at Sungod Arena and one at 10 am in South Delta Recreation Centre
- Langley: one at 9 am in Walnut Grove and one at 10 am at Douglas Crescent
- Mission: 9 am at Fraser River Heritage Park
- Whistler: 11 am at the Four Seasons Resort
- Squamish: 10 am at Brennan Park Recreation Centre
- Agassiz-Harrison: 10 am at the Cheam Retirement Village
Note: Run times and locations are subject to change.
Terry Fox Runs take place in other communities as well. Click 2019 Run Locations for more details.
Stanley Park Terry Fox Run
The main Terry Fox Run in Vancouver takes place at Stanley Park. At this venue thousands of people turn out to watch, cheer, walk or run. Registration starts at 8:00 am, the 10 km run begins at 10:00 am and the shorter (~3 km) Lost Lagoon Loop run sets off at 10:15.
The Terry Fox Run at Stanley Park includes a pancake breakfast, Kids Run and live music. Dogs are welcome and the run is also suitable for people with bicycles, rollerblades, wheelchairs and strollers. The event starts at Ceperly Park which is the grassy area near Second Beach in Stanley Park.
Note: All run times and details are subject to change. See our article about the Stanley Park Terry Fox Run for more details.
Terry Fox Run in North Vancouver
The event at Stanley Park is just one of many similar runs that take place in communities across the Lower Mainland. A run on the North Shore takes place at Inter River Park. It’s hosted by the Rotary Club of North Vancouver. In 2019 it occurs on Sunday, September 15th. Registration begins at 9:00 am and the running starts at 10:00.
Click North Vancouver Terry Fox Run for more details.
For other events happening this same month, see Vancouver’s September Calendar.
Note: Terry Fox statues in this article are by artist Doug Coupland and they can be found outside BC Place in downtown Vancouver.