The Terry Fox Run is a fundraising event for cancer research in mid-September at various venues in the Lower Mainland including Vancouver’s Stanley Park.
In 2018 most runs happen on Sunday, September 16th.
Run Times and Locations
In 2018 the Terry Fox Run takes place at the following locations and times:
- Abbotsford: 9 am at Tradex
- Burnaby: 9 am at Swangard Stadium
- Coquitlam: 10 am at Mundy Park
- New Westminster: 10 am at the Quay/River Market
- North Vancouver: 10 am at Inter River Park
- Port Moody: 10 am at Rocky Point Park
- Richmond: 10 am at Garry Point Park
- Surrey: at various times and locations including in Cloverdale, Fraser Heights in North Surrey and White Rock in South Surrey.
- Vancouver: 10 am starting by Stanley Park’s Second Beach
- West Vancouver: 10 am at Dundarave
Note: run times and locations are subject to change.
Terry Fox Runs take place in other communities as well. Click 2018 Run Locations for more details.
Stanley Park Terry Fox Run
The main Terry Fox Run in Vancouver takes place at Stanley Park. At this venue thousands of people turn out to watch, cheer, walk or run. Registration starts at 8 am, the 10 km run begins at 10 am and the shorter (~3 km) Lost Lagoon Loop run sets off at 10:15.
The Terry Fox Run at Stanley Park includes a pancake breakfast, Kids Run and live music. Dogs are welcome and the run is also suitable for people with bicycles, rollerblades, wheelchairs and strollers. The event starts at Ceperly Park which is the grassy area near Second Beach in Stanley Park.
Note: All run times and details are subject to change. See the Terry Fox Run website for exact details.
For other events happening this same month, see Vancouver’s September Calendar.
Note: Photos on this page are of Terry Fox statues by artist Doug Coupland outside GM Place in downtown Vancouver.