The Squamish Farmers Market is a weekly farmers market that takes place in downtown Squamish on Saturdays from April 6 until October 26 in 2019.
Saturday Farmers Market in Squamish
The Squamish Farmers Market is a medium-sized farmers market in the Sea to Sky region that takes place at the corner of Victoria Street and Cleveland Avenue in Squamish. Shopping runs from 10 am until 3 pm every Saturday between April and the end of October.
The market typically features close to four dozen vendors selling everything from fresh produce to homemade preserves, baked goods and art.
Similar to most Lower Mainland farmers markets, the Saturday markets in Squamish feature a musician or two providing background entertainment each week.
Below is a list of scheduled performers for 2019. (Note: details are subject to change.)
- April 6, 2019 – Rick Rogoza
- April 13, 2019 – Ava Swanson
- April 20, 2019 – Matt Blackman: from Squamish and specializing in Blues and R&B
- April 27, 2019 – Terry Maple
- May 4, 2019 – Monty Biggins: a multi-talented musician and composer
- May 11, 2019 – Cam Salay: a guitar player and former member of the JUNO Award-winning group the Paperboys
- May 18, 2019 – Carolyn Grass & Friends: a Squamish-based band
- May 25, 2019 – Rachel Lewis
- June 1, 2019 – Paul Coulter Brown
- June 8, 2019 – Ev Kinsella
- June 15, 2019 – Brainchild: a Folk and Blues band from Vancouver
- June 22, 2019 – Shone Harcourt
- June 29, 2019 – Carolyn Grass & Friends: a Squamish-based band
- July 6, 2019 – Jana Seale: a guitar-playing singer from Chilliwack
- July 13, 2019 – Nice Verdes: a tropical-Folk-playing duo
- July 20, 2019 – The Tree Huggers
- July 27, 2019 – Connor Gray
- August 3, 2019 – Stephen Vogler: a singer, songwriter and guitarist from Whistler
- August 10, 2019 – Monty Biggins: a multi-talented musician and composer
- August 17, 2019 – Laura Nedelak
- August 24, 2019 – Dana Marie-Battaglia: an Electro Orchestral Folk Indie Pop musician from Squamish
- August 31, 2019 – The Overcomers: a Blues Folk band from Vancouver
- September 7, 2019 – Brian denHertog & Jill Russell
- September 14, 2019 – Cam Salay: a guitar player and former member of the JUNO Award-winning group the Paperboys
- September 21, 2019 – Pernell Reichert: a Vancouver-based Bluegrass musician
- September 28, 2019 – Rick Rogoza
- October 5, 2019 – Susan Holden: a singer, songwriter and manager at Arts Whistler
- October 12, 2019 – Madelyn Read: a singer, songwriter and guitarist from Vancouver
- October 19, 2019 – Brainchild: a Folk and Blues band from Vancouver
- October 26, 2019 – The Tree Huggers
Other Activities in the Area
The Squamish Farmers Market is definitely worth checking out if you find yourself in Squamish on a Saturday. Great activities to combine with a visit to the market include trips to nearby parks like Porteau Cove on the water, Shannon Falls and its beautiful waterfall, rugged Stawamus Chief and picturesque Alice Lake. All of these are beautiful and perfect places for a stroll, hike and/or picnic.
Tourist attractions in the area also include Britannia Mine (a historic copper mine museum), the Sea to Sky Gondola (for sightseeing and rides up the mountain) and the West Coast Railway Heritage Park (with its historic trains and artifacts).
Squamish is also a convenient place for a rest break on the way to and from the resort town of Whistler and Vancouver.
For more information on the market, see the Squamish Farmers Market website.
Also in Squamish, and separate from the regular Saturday Farmers Market, in 2019 once-a-month street markets take place on Cleveland Avenue between 12pm and 6pm. 2019 dates include June 16, July 14, and August 11. Click Squamish Street Market for details.
For a list of other farmers’ markets, click Lower Mainland Markets.