The Ladner Village Market is one of Metro Vancouver’s largest and most impressive markets. It happens on the 2nd and 4th Sundays of the month in the summer.
In 2022 the market is scheduled to take place on June 12th and 26th, July 10th and 24th, August 14th and 28th, and September 11th.
Ladner Sunday Summer Markets
The Ladner Village Market takes place in Ladner along 48th Avenue between Elliott Street and Delta Street. The heart of the market is in the area of 5028A 48th Street, but it runs for a couple of blocks in various directions.
The market usually happens rain or shine from 10:00 am to 4:00 pm on seven Sundays of the year.
In normal years, the market features artisan goods and live music. Exact details about the 2022 market are to be confirmed.
In addition to numerous vendor stalls selling everything from jewellery to jams to pajamas, like most other Metro Vancouver farmers markets, there is always live music at the event.
To give an idea of what to expect in future years, here are the performers from 2019.
- June 9th, 2019 – Marlin Ramazzini & Co. (from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm) and The Dave Peterson Duo (from 1:00 to 4:00 pm).
- June 23rd, 2019 – the Olaf de Shield Trio (from 10:00 am to 1:00 pm) and Rumba Calzada (from 1:00 to 4:00 pm).
- July 14th, 2019 – Marlin Ramazzini & Co. (from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm) and the Kokosoul Duo (from 1:00 to 4:00 pm).
- July 28th, 2019 – the Kokosoul Duo (from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm) and the Olaf de Shield Trio (from 1:00 until 4:00 pm).
- August 11th, 2019 – the Dave Martone Duo (from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm) and Pacific Mist Jazz (from 1:00 until 4:00 pm).
- August 25th, 2019 – The Dubious Brothers (from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm) and Astro’s Collar (from 1:00 until 4:00 pm).
- September 8th, 2019 – The Dave Peterson Duo (from 10:00 am until 1:00 pm) and the Kadabra Duo (from 1:00 until 4:00 pm).
About the Ladner Village Market
The Ladner Village Market celebrates its 26th year in 2022. It’s one of the largest summer markets in Canada west of Ontario and typically features over 150 vendors per time.
The market isn’t a “farmers’ market,” and it isn’t specifically an “artisan market” either. There are vendors selling fresh produce, but not a large percentage. There are numerous artists selling their creations though. So it’s like a farmers and artisan market that’s “light” on the farmers market side, although it’s also much more!
With a theme of “Make It, Bake It, Grow It,” the market features a wide variety of handmade artisan products, baked goods, farm fresh produce and homemade food items. It also has live music and attracts thousands of shoppers on days with sunny weather.
If you like farmers markets and artisan markets, then you’ll love the Ladner Village Market. It’s huge, it has energy, it’s in an attractive location and it’s highly recommended! It’s definitely one of our favourites!
Ladner is part of the municipality of Delta which is located south of Richmond, about halfway between South Vancouver and Tsawwassen. Tsawwassen, meanwhile, is also part of Delta and home to the BC Ferries Tsawwassen Ferry Terminal.
Surrounded by the Fraser River to the north and farmland all around, Ladner itself is a cute place that originated as a fishing village many years ago. The town has quaint buildings and attractive streets.
Ladner hosts a number of community events each year including Ladner May Days. The town is also home to the Delta Museum. Other places of interest in the area are Deas Island Regional Park and the Reifel Migratory Bird Sanctuary.
For more information about the Sunday markets in Ladner in the summer, see the Ladner Village Market website.
Click Lower Mainland Farmers Markets for a list of other similar events in other parts of the region.
For a list of other major events taking place throughout Metro Vancouver over the course of the year, check out our Festivals & Events Calendar.