The following video features a First Nations dance festival, Festival du Bois, CelticFest, Vancouver Auto Show and a range of sights and sounds in March.
Vancouver in March
In addition to the above festivals and events, March is the month of spring break school holidays, spring skiing, golf, getting back outdoors and the beginning of cherry blossom season and arrival of early spring flowers. When the sun is out, there are even spectacular sunsets.
Vancouver March Video
The following video showcases Vancouver and the Lower Mainland in the month of March. Enjoy!
March Video Contents
Events and places in the above video include those listed below.
A number of festivals take place in March including the following festivals featured in the video:
- Coastal First Nations Dance Festival – at the Museum of Anthropology.
- TEDxStanleyPark – at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre.
- Festival du Bois – at Mackin Park in Coquitlam.
- CelticFest Vancouver – at various locations throughout Vancouver.
- Persian New Year Fire Festival – at Ambleside Park in West Vancouver.
- PlayDome – at BC Place Stadium.
- Vancouver International Auto Show – at the Vancouver Convention Centre.
- Vancouver International Wine Festival – a wine festival featuring over 150 wines from over a dozen different countries.
The following places are featured in the above video:
- Museum of Anthropology – the building at the start of the video and location of the Coastal First Nations Dance Festival.
- Capilano Suspension Bridge – including scenes of outdoor First Nations art and the Cliffwalk bridge in the snow.
- Cypress Mountain – including the photo of the person admiring the snowy view, the man snowshoeing and the person skiing.
- Sea to Sky Gondola – the venue in Squamish featured in three photos including the one of the leprechaun snowman.
- Queen Elizabeth Theatre – both outdoors and indoors at the TEDxStanleyPark event.
- White Rock
- Barnet Marine Park (in Burnaby)
- Furry Creek Golf and Country Club
- Nat Bailey Winter Farmers Market
- Ambleside Park – at the Persian New Year Fire Festival.
- Capilano River Regional Park – with the photo of the goose and Lions mountain peaks in the background.
- Robson Square – during the CelticFest event and St. Patrick’s concerts and celebrations.
- Grouse Mountain – the photo of the snowboarder in the air.
- Stanley Park – during the St. Patrick’s Day run as well as scenes with cherry blossoms and a sunset.
- Burnaby Mountain – including the photo of the daffodils as well as a couple of the sunsets.
- Rocky Point Park – with tulips at the pier in Port Moody.
- BC Place Stadium – with the PlayDome indoor carnival.
- Vancouver Convention Centre – during the Vancouver International Auto Show.
- Horizons Restaurant – at Burnaby Mountain during one of the sunsets.
- Second Beach – the sunset photo at the end of the video with the view of English Bay from Stanley Park.
Some of the people and groups featured in this video include Dancers of Damelahamid performers, the RCMP E. Division Piper Band, the group The Wheat In The Barley, the North Shore Celtic Ensemble and others.
For specifics on what to see and do in the month, see Vancouver’s March Calendar.
For other videos about Vancouver, check out our selection of Lower Mainland Videos.