Cates Park is a great park for kids in North Vancouver. It has an amazing play structure area for young children, and the beach has both sand and rocky areas.
Cates Park on the North Shore
Cates Park is located at 4141 Dollarton Highway in North Vancouver.
There is a lot of parking at Cates Park, but the place is also popular on hot sunny days in the summer. The odds are you’ll find a spot to park, although it’s not guaranteed on busy days, like when it’s hot and there’s a live outdoor concert at the same time.
The best way to get to Cates Park is by car, not public transit. Buses do go out there, but it’s a 45-60 minute trip from Lonsdale Quay with at least one, but sometimes two transfers.
Cates Park has a boat launch and kayak rentals in the summer.
Cates Park Concert Series
In the summer there are often live band performances on the weekends between around 4:00 until 7:00 pm on Saturdays between early July and mid-August. 2019 dates and performers are the following:
- July 13, 2019 – Fear the Wolves, Highland Eyeway and Reed
- July 20, 2019 – Victoria & the Secrets and Theory of Roses
- July 27, 2019 – Acoustic Ghosts, Symentha Holmes and Delan
- August 3, 2019 – Horse Opera, Cat Murphy Band and The Ship Of
- August 10, 2019 – Ashley Pater & Destination Unknown, Eye Bender and Ilhan Saferali
- August 19, 2019 – Antoinette & the Latest, Kyoga and Bealby Point
- August 24, 2019 – Sarah J, Augustiner and Ryan Fischer
Click Cates Park Summer Concerts for more details.
Check out Free Outdoor Music for summer concert venues in Metro Vancouver, including performances at Cates Park in July and August.