The South Asian Family Festival is a new event happening on the grounds of Vancouver’s Pacific National Exhibition (PNE) on June 18th in 2023.
The inaugural South Asian Family Festival (SAF Festival) will be a one-day event featuring amusement rides, music, market vendors, fashion designers, food, arts and culture. The event takes place on Sunday, June 18th, which is also Father’s Day. The rides, entertainment and family-friendly things to see and do will run from noon until 8:00 pm. Organizers hope it’ll eventually become the largest South Asian family-themed music and cultural event in the country.
The event takes place at the PNE Fairgrounds including at Playland and the area around the PNE Amphitheatre.
More information about the event will be available soon. The event’s website, at SAFVancouver.com, will also have details about the event including ticket information sometime in the spring.
South Asian countries are usually considered to be those on and around the Indian subcontinent. They include India and Pakistan, but also Bangladesh, Bhutan, Maldives, Nepal and Sri Lanka. About 14% of Metro Vancouver’s population of approximately 2.65 million people are of South Asian decent.
Other South Asian events in the Lower Mainland include the following:
- Vancouver Vaisakhi Festival – a large parade celebrating a Sikh holiday in April.
- Surrey Vaisakhi Parade – a large Sikh festival and parade in Surrey in April.
- 5X Festival – an arts and music festival.
- Indian Summer Festival – an arts festival featuring South Asian, Canadian and Indigenous artists in July.
- Monsoon Arts Festival – a music and arts festival in the summer.
- Diwali Fest – a South Asian cultural festival with events in autumn.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Pacific National Exhibition
- PNE Events
- Playland at the PNE
- Festivals & Events
- Vancouver Father’s Day Activities
- Vancouver’s June Calendar of Events