Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week is a series of events showcasing local beers and North Vancouver breweries and distilleries in the fall.
The event usually takes place in November. In 2023 the launch party happens on November 2nd.
To learn more about the events visit the Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week website or continue reading.
This article includes information about the following:
Click any of the above links to jump to a specific topic, or continue reading to learn all about Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week.
Craft Beer Week in North Vancouver
North Shore Craft Beer Week in 2022 ran from Thursday, November 3rd, to Monday, November 14th. In 2023 it runs from November 2nd until the 14th, so closer to two weeks than just one! The event features beer specials, live music, brewery tours and people having fun at various venues throughout North Vancouver.
For tickets and full details visit Vancouver’s North Shore (Tourism) website.
Beer Week Event Venues
Events during the 2023 Vancouver North Shore Craft Beer Week take place at the venues listed below.
Breweries in the Lower Lonsdale District
The following breweries are located fairly close together in the first three or so blocks of East Esplanade or East 1st Street and are regulars at this event. They are all within a 10-minute walk of Lonsdale Quay.
- Beere Brewing Co. – a brewery and tasting room at 312 East Esplanade.
- Braggot Brewery – a newer brewery with a tasting room and patio at #102 – 370 Esplanade East. It specializes in honey-based beers (and the brewery uses its own honey). Our favourite is the Brown Ale. It is really good!
- House of Funk Brewing – this place makes both beer and coffee. It’s located at 350 East Esplanade.
- La Cerveceria Astilleros – another Shipyards establishment at 226 Esplanade East, this place is a Mexican-style brewery with food, wine and other drinks on offer.
- North Point Brewing – this cozy building is designed to feel like a cabin with its wood structure and laidback atmosphere. It’s located at 266 East 1st Street. The place has both indoor and outdoor seating. It also has a fireplace inside.
- Shaketown Brewing – located at #105 – 288 East Esplanade Avenue, this newer brewery has a large seating area.
Breweries Elsewhere in North Vancouver
The following breweries are in various locations that are between a 5 and 10-minute drive from Lonsdale Quay and the Shipyards District.
- Black Kettle Brewing – a popular place located at 720 Copping Street which isn’t far from the Northshore Auto Mall. The brewery has a tented patio, good-sized indoor area and a live DJ on Thursdays. We tried a number of the in-house beers, which were great, and enjoyed an awesome pizza.
- Bridge Brewing Company – a brewery and tasting room at 1448 Charlotte Road (which is just off Mountain Highway halfway between the Trans-Canada Highway and Main Street).
- Wildeye Brewing – located near the Ironworkers Memorial Bridge at 1385 Main Street, this is a fairly big brewery with a large variety of seasonal options. The brewery has great beers as well as live music on Thursdays. Dogs are welcome on the outdoor patio.
In addition to the above breweries, three other establishments are participating in the North Shore Craft Beer Week. Streetcar Brewing, Windfall Cider and Copperpenny Distillery are all located in the Lower Lonsdale District of North Vancouver.
For tickets and full details about North Shore Craft Beer Week, visit Vancouver’s North Shore (Tourism) website.
Beer Week Schedule of Events
Below are the events scheduled for Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week in 2023. Aside from the launch party there are not yet specific details about any of them as of mid-September.
Thursday, November 2nd, 2023
- Launch Party – the kickoff to the craft beer week runs from 5:00 pm to 10:00 pm at The Pipe Shop. The event features beer from about a dozen local breweries and distilleries as well as live music, food trucks and prize giveaways. Tickets cost $38 (plus taxes and online fees). Admission includes two drink tokens and a souvenir tasting mug.
Note: Partial proceeds from this event benefit North Shore Rescue.
Friday, November 3rd, 2023
- Shaketown Brewing – last year’s party featured DJs, tacos and country music.
Saturday, November 4th, 2023
- Copperpenny Distilling Co. – last year this venue was only present at the launch party and didn’t have its own individual event night.
Sunday, November 5th, 2023
- Bridge Brewing – last year this venue unveiled a special new beer during the event.
Monday, November 6th, 2023
- Windfall Cider & Co. – last year this venue was only present at the launch party and didn’t have its own individual event night.
Tuesday, November 7th, 2023
- Beere Brewing – last year Beere Brewing had a night of Brazilian food and music.
Wednesday, November 8th, 2023
- La Cerveceria Astilleros – expect a Mexican-themed night with live Mariachi music.
Thursday, November 9th, 2023
- Black Kettle Brewing – this event had the finale of a burger challenge night in 2022.
Note: At this brewery, in the “outdoor” tented patio area, dogs are welcome, which is so nice!
Friday, November 10th, 2023
- North Point Brewing – a night of beer pong, live entertainment, prizes and more was had in 2022.
This brewery is on East 1st Street just a couple of blocks from Lonsdale Avenue. It has outdoor seating on the road and sidewalk and a nice cozy interior. We’ve enjoyed the beers here as well as the pizzas served.
Saturday, November 11th, 2023
- Braggot Brewing – last year this venue hosted a night of Viking-themed games and live music. There were various prices to be won throughout the event. Folks who dressed up in Viking costumes received discounts as well.
Braggot Brewing is a newer brewery and it’s a fairly unique one. Braggot is a type of drink that’s sort of half beer and half mead (which is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented honey). The brewery makes its own honey and brews its drinks on site at 370 East Esplanade Avenue.
Sunday, November 12th, 2023
- Wildeye Brewing – an event with dark-style ales and food at the venue on Main Street. Beginning at 5:00 pm, the event was a celebration of all Wildeye’s dark-style ales and sours, plus, a featured cocktail created by Copperpenny Distillery and a featured dark cider collaboration with Windfall Cider!
Wildeye Brewing is located at 1385 Main Street (so not far from the entrance to the Iron Workers Bridge). It has an outdoor patio and large indoor space with lots of seating.
Monday, November 13th, 2023
- Streetcar Brewing – this Lower Lonsdale brewery is a new addition to the lineup this year.
Tuesday, November 14th, 2023
- House Of Funk – last year there was a party that featured a new beer release, a variety of food and an on-site DJ.
For more information about Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week see the Vancouver’s North Shore (Tourism) website.
For a list of other Lower Mainland breweries and beer-related events click Vancouver Breweries and Beer.
To learn more about places that make beer on the North Shore, see our article about Craft Breweries on the North Shore.
For other related Metro Vancouver events in October and November check out the following:
- Vancouver’s October Calendar
- Vancouver’s November Calendar
- Lower Mainland Oktoberfest Events
- Lower Mainland Festivals & Events
- Vancouver German Restaurants