Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week is a series of events showcasing local beers, North Vancouver breweries and area restaurants and bars in the fall.
There was no big craft beer week in 2020 because of COVID-19. In 2021 the series of events happened from November 4th until the 13th. There weren’t any big major events though, just smaller ones at individual breweries.
This article includes information about the following:
Click any of the above links to jump to a specific topic, or continue reading to learn all about Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week.
Craft Beer Week in North Vancouver
In 2019 the Third annual edition of Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week (VNSCBW) happened from October 4th until October 11th. This was perfect timing for folk looking for places to celebrate the Oktoberfest season!
The event was cancelled in 2020 due to the spread of the pandemic. It returned in 2021 and ran from Thursday, November 4th, until Saturday, November 13th.
2022 event dates and details are to be determined.
In years when it does happen, the week features beer specials, live music, brewery tours and people having fun at various venues throughout North Vancouver.
North Vancouver breweries that usually take part in the event include Beere Brewing, Bridge Brewing and Deep Cove Brewers, plus others.
Win Prizes at Craft Beer Week
In 2021, visitors could download the BC Ale Trail Passport App and visit participating North Shore breweries to collect stamps on the app and earn chances to win various prizes. To get a stamp you just had to ask for one when you bought a beer!
Once you collected six stamps you received a special glass. If you got ten you were entered into a grand prize draw. The grand prize for 2021 included an overnight stay for two at the Pinnacle Hotel, two tickets to Capilano Suspension Bridge, a $25 voucher to one of the North Shore’s many craft breweries, and more.
Other prizes in the past have included a one-night stay at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel, a Brewery Tour with Canadian Craft Tours, a BC Ale Trail Growler and a $150 gift certificate for the Tap & Barrel Restaurant.
Beer Week Event Venues
Events during Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week took place at the following venues in 2021:
- Beere Brewing Co. – a newer brewery and tasting room at 312 East Esplanade (just 1 km east of Lonsdale Quay).
- Black Kettle Brewing – a smaller brewery located at 720 Copping Street. Is has live music performances fairly regularly.
- Bridge Brewing Company – a brewery and tasting room that makes great beers and takes environmental sustainability seriously. It’s located at 1448 Charlotte Road (which is just off Mountain Highway halfway between the Trans-Canada Highway and Main Street).
- Deep Cove Brewery & Distillers – a craft brewery located at #170 – 2270 Dollarton Highway (so not far from the Second Narrows Bridge). It has exceptional beers. It also has a really nice outdoor patio.
- Green Leaf Brew – this establishment is located inside Lonsdale Quay Market. Along with craft beers Green Leaf also makes its own kombucha and ginger ale.
- House of Funk Brewing – like Green Leaf, House of Funk specializes in creating drinks other than craft beer, as it also sells coffee. It’s located at 350 Esplanade East.
- La Cerveceria Astilleros – another Shipyards establishment at 226 Esplanade East, this place is a Mexican-style brewery with plenty of food and drinks on offer.
- North Point Brewing – this cozy building is designed to feel like a cabin with its wood structure and laidback atmosphere. It’s located at 266 East 1st Street.
- Streetcar Brewing – this brewery is located at 123A East 1st Street). When the weather is nice the building’s garage door is fully opened giving the tasting room plenty of light and air.
- Wildeye Brewing – located near the Ironworkers Memorial Bridge at 1385 Main Street, this is a fairly big brewery with a large variety of seasonal options.
Beer Week Schedule of Events
Below were the events scheduled for Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week in 2021.
Note: Event details were subject to change.
Thursday, November 4th, 2021
- House of Funk Brewing – the kickoff to the craft beer week ran from 9:00 am to 9:00 pm at House of Funk. There were DJs and extra food options, plus a new beer on tap launched to celebrate the occasion.
Friday, November 5th, 2021
- Beere Brewery Anniversary Party – an all-day event that began at noon with food, music, balloons and beer at the Beere Brewing Company which celebrated its fourth year in business.
Saturday, November 6th, 2021
- La Cerveceria Astilleros – this event ran from noon until 1:00 am and included prize draws. There was a mariachi band, a new Horchata Porter beer and more.
Sunday, November 7th, 2021
- Green Leaf Brew – the Lonsdale Quay Market was the site of this fun event where there were raffle draws and live music headlined by Dino Dinicolo. The day began at 11:00 am and ended at 10:00 pm.
Monday, November 8th, 2021
- Wildeye Brewing – Wildeye partnered with Hachiro Ramen Bar for this event. From 1:00 pm to 10:00 pm folks enjoyed a Dim Sum night with Japanese food and a new Japanese-inspired beer.
Tuesday, November 9th, 2021
- Deep Cove Brewers + Distillers – it might have been a little late in the season but Deep Cove was still having its Oktoberfest party! Guests enjoyed the classic German dishes like bratwurst and strudel, as well as special Bavarian beers.
Wednesday, November 10th, 2021
- Black Kettle Brewing – the featured dish at this event was oysters, locally sourced from Fanny Bay. Along with beer there were also ciders and wine to be had, along with plenty of prizes to be won.
Thursday, November 11th, 2021
- Streetcar Brewing – this event ran from noon until 9:00 pm. There was live music, a food truck selling wings outside the tasting room and fun swag given away throughout the day.
Friday, November 12th, 2021
- North Point Brewery – North Point, like other breweries, was taking this week as a time to launch a special new beer. There were also games to be played and prizes to be won from them while enjoying the food and drinks.
Thursday, November 13th, 2021
- Bridge Brewing – the final stop on this series of events was at Bridge Brewing from 11:00 am to 10:00 pm. The raffle items included a massive $150 gift card. As well, $1 from every pint purchased was donated to the Family Services of the North Shore.
Note: The above schedule of events was subject to change. Click VNSCBW for full festival details.
For more information about Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week see the Vancouver’s North Shore (Tourism) website.
For a list of other Lower Mainland breweries and beer-related events click Vancouver Breweries and Beer.
For other Metro Vancouver events in October check out the following:
- Vancouver’s October Calendar
- Lower Mainland Oktoberfest Events
- Vancouver Halloween Events
- Lower Mainland Festivals & Events
- Vancouver German Restaurants