Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week is an 8-day series of events showcasing local beers, North Vancouver breweries and area restaurants and bars.
This article includes information about the following:
Click any of the above links to jump to a specific topic, or continue reading to learn all about Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week.
Craft Beer Week in North Vancouver
In 2019 the Third annual edition of Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week (VNSCBW) took place from October 4th until October 11th, which was perfect timing for folk looking for places to celebrate the Oktoberfest season!
The week featured beer specials, live music, brewery tours and people having fun at various venues throughout North Vancouver.
Win Prizes at Craft Beer Week
In 2019, visitors could download the BC Ale Trail Passport App and visit participating North Shore breweries to collect stamps on the app and earn chances to win valuable prizes.
To earn a stamp, visitors could simply scan a Craft Beer Week coaster or poster at each of the various participating breweries.
The grand prize in 2019 included a 2-night stay at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel, a three-course dinner for 2, two tickets to Capilano Suspension Bridge and more. The second prize included a one-night stay at the SureStay Hotel, two tickets to Capilano Suspension Bridge and dinner and drinks at Wildeye Brewing
Other prizes in the past have included a one-night stay at the Lonsdale Quay Hotel (with breakfast for two), a Brewery Tour with Canadian Craft Tours, tickets to Capilano Suspension Bridge, a BC Ale Trail Growler and a $150 gift certificate for the Tap & Barrel Restaurant.
Beer Week Event Venues
Events during Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week took place at the following venues in 2019 (2020 details are to be confirmed):
- The Pipe Shop – a large open-space hall that was formerly an industrial building at North Vancouver’s Shipyards. It’s located at 115 Victory Ship Way at the bottom of Lonsdale Avenue behind the Tap and Barrel Restaurant.
- Tap and Barrel – a large beer-hall style restaurant at 8 Lonsdale Avenue (just a short walk from Lonsdale Quay and the North Vancouver SeaBus Terminal). The place features 36 craft beers on tap and 16 BC wines.
- Bridge Brewing Company – a brewery and tasting room that makes great beers and takes environmental sustainability seriously. It’s located at 1448 Charlotte Road (which is just off Mountain Highway halfway between the Trans-Canada Highway and Main Street).
- Deep Cove Brewery & Distillers – a craft brewery located at #170 – 2270 Dollarton Highway (so not far from the Second Narrows Bridge).
- Hearthstone Brewery – a Tap & Fourno (Italian oven-style) restaurant at 1015 Marine Drive in North Vancouver (so close to Capilano Mall). (Note: The place offers both gluten free and vegan menus.)
- Beere Brewing Co. – a newer brewery and tasting room at 312 East Esplanade (just 1 km east of Lonsdale Quay).
Beer Week Schedule of Events
Below are some of the events that were scheduled for Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week in 2019. 2020 events are to be announced.
Note: Event details are subject to change.
Friday, October 4th, 2019
- Craft Beer Week Launch Party – at the Pipe Shop at 115 Victory Ship Way from around 5:30 until 10:00 pm. The event included live music, food trucks and beers from existing and soon-to-come North Shore breweries.
- Official VNSCBW Launch After Party – at the Tap & Barrel Shipyards next door to the Pipe Shop at 8 Lonsdale Avenue started at around 10:00 pm or just before.
- Live Music at Deep Cove Brewers – an event with free admission between 7:00 and 10:00 pm at the brewery at 170 – 2270 Dollarton Highway.
Saturday, October 5th, 2019
- Beere Brewery Anniversary Party – an all-day event that began at noon with food, music, balloons and beer at the Beere Brewing Company which celebrated its second year in business.
- Live Music at Deep Cove Brewers – another evening of live music at Deep Cove Brewers & Distillers from 7:00 until 10:00 pm. No cover charge.
Sunday, October 6th, 2019
- 3rd Annual Brewery Battle – 6 North Shore breweries competed to win a secured tap at Tap and Barrel starting at 1:00 pm.
- Live Music at Deep Cove Brewers – more live music at Deep Cove Brewers & Distillers from 1:30 until 4:30 pm.
- Black Kettle Brewing Open Mic Night – sign up started at 3:00 and performances ran until 7:00 pm. $20 gift cards to the brewery were available for performers who got a slot.
Monday, October 7th, 2019
- Wings and Parking Lot Party – the Wings Outdoor Grill food truck and Streetcar Brewing offered wings and beer starting at noon.
Tuesday, October 8th, 2019
- Taco Tuesday – Bridge Brewing offered craft beer and taco specials from 11:00 am until 11:00 pm.
Wednesday, October 9th, 2019
- Beer Run – an event where people running either 5K or 10K got a free Bridge Brewing glass with the purchase of a beer. Run started at 6:00 pm.
Thursday, October 10th, 2019
- Tap That – an event that started at 4:00 pm at Bridge Brewing as they tap a special cask.
- House of Funk Open House – a party event at the House of Funk from 7:00 until 11:00 pm.
- Oktoberfest at Deep Cove Breweries – a celebration serving traditional German food and beer along with live music. Tickets were available for purchase in advance online.
Friday, October 11th, 2019
- Seafood and Beer Dinner – from 6:30 until 9:30 pm guests could enjoy traditional West Coast seafood paired with beer at Wildeye Brewing.
- Live Music at Green Leaf – live music and craft beer at Green Leaf Brewery from 5:00 until 7:00 pm.
- Live Music at Deep Cove Brewers – live music at Deep Cove Brewers & Distillers from 7:00 until 10:00 pm.
Note: The above schedule of events is subject to change. Click VNSCBW for a full festival details.
For more information about Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week see the Vancouver North Shore (Tourism) website.
For a list of other Lower Mainland breweries and beer-related events click Vancouver Breweries and Beer.
For other Metro Vancouver events in October check out the following:
- Vancouver’s October Calendar
- Lower Mainland Oktoberfest Events
- Vancouver Halloween Events
- Lower Mainland Festivals & Events