Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week is a series of events showcasing local beers and North Vancouver breweries and distilleries in the fall.
In 2022 the events take place between November 3rd and November 14th.
To learn more about the events visit the Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week website or continue reading.
This article includes information about the following:
Click any of the above links to jump to a specific topic, or continue reading to learn all about Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week.
Craft Beer Week in North Vancouver
In 2022 North Shore Craft Beer Week runs from Thursday, November 3rd, until Monday, November 14th. The week features beer specials, live music, brewery tours and people having fun at various venues throughout North Vancouver.
For tickets and full details visit Vancouver’s North Shore (Tourism) website.
Beer Week Event Venues
Events during Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week take place at the venues listed below in 2022.
Breweries in the Lower Lonsdale District
The following breweries are located fairly close together in the first three or so blocks of East Esplanade or East 1st Street. They are all within a 10 minute walk of Lonsdale Quay.
- Beere Brewing Co. – a brewery and tasting room at 312 East Esplanade.
- Braggot Brewery – a newer brewery with a tasting room and patio at #102 – 370 Esplanade East. They specialize in honey-based beers (and they use their own honey). Our favourite is their Brown Ale. It is really good!
- House of Funk Brewing – this place makes both beer and coffee. It’s located at 350 East Esplanade.
- La Cerveceria Astilleros – another Shipyards establishment at 226 Esplanade East, this place is a Mexican-style brewery with food, wine and other drinks on offer.
- North Point Brewing – this cozy building is designed to feel like a cabin with its wood structure and laidback atmosphere. It’s located at 266 East 1st Street. The place has both indoor and outdoor seating. They also have a fireplace inside.
- Shaketown Brewing – located at #105 – 288 East Esplanade Avenue, this newer brewery has a large seating area.
Breweries Elsewhere in North Vancouver
The following breweries are in various locations that are between a 5 and 10-minute drive from Lonsdale Quay and the Shipyards District.
- Black Kettle Brewing – a popular place located at 720 Copping Street which isn’t far from the Northshore Auto Mall. The brewery has a tented patio, good-sized indoor area and a live DJ on Thursdays. We tried a number of their beers, which were great, and enjoyed an awesome pizza.
- Bridge Brewing Company – a brewery and tasting room at 1448 Charlotte Road (which is just off Mountain Highway halfway between the Trans-Canada Highway and Main Street).
- Deep Cove Brewery & Distillers – a great craft brewery located at #170 – 2270 Dollarton Highway (so not far from the Second Narrows Bridge). It has exceptional beers. It also has a really nice outdoor patio.
- Wildeye Brewing – located near the Ironworkers Memorial Bridge at 1385 Main Street, this is a fairly big brewery with a large variety of seasonal options. They have great beers as well as live music on Thursdays. Dogs are welcome on their outdoor patio.
In addition to the above breweries, an additional cidery and distillery are also participating in North Shore Craft Beer Week this year. Windfall Cider and Copperpenny Distillery are both located in the Lower Lonsdale District of North Vancouver and both will be at the Launch Party on November 3rd.
Copperpenny Distillery is located at 288 East Esplanade. They make award-winning gin and have a really nice venue that’s open daily for drinks.
For tickets and full details about North Shore Craft Beer Week, visit Vancouver’s North Shore (Tourism) website.
Beer Week Schedule of Events
Below are the events scheduled for Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week in 2022.
Note: Event details are subject to change.
Thursday, November 3rd, 2022
- Launch Party – the kickoff to the craft beer week runs from 5:00 to 10:00 pm at The Pipe Shop. The event features beer from about a dozen local breweries and distilleries as well as live music, food trucks and prize giveaways. Tickets cost $38 (plus taxes and online fees). Admission includes two drink tokens and a souvenir tasting mug.
For tickets to the launch party click NSCBW Launch Party 2022.
Note: Partial proceeds from this event benefit the Lions Gate Hospital Foundation.
Friday, November 4th, 2022
- Beere Brewing – the second event of the week has a Jazz theme and takes place at Beere Brewing. The brewery hosts a night of Brazilian food and music. Starting at 4 pm they serve Brazilian snack food and from 6 pm there is Brazilian Jazz and Bossa Nova music.
Saturday, November 5th, 2022
- Braggot Brewing – a night of Viking-themed games and live music. There are various prices to be won throughout the event. Folks who dress up in Viking costumes receive discounts as well.
Braggot Brewing is a newer brewery and it’s a fairly unique one. Braggot is a type of drink that’s sort of half beer and half mead (which is an alcoholic beverage made from fermented honey). The brewery makes its own honey and brews its drinks on site at 370 East Esplanade Avenue.
Sunday, November 6th, 2022
- Wildeye Brewing – an event with dark-style ales and food at the venue on Main Street. Beginning at 5 pm, today is a celebration of all Wildeye’s dark-style ales and sours, plus, a feature cocktail created by Copperpenny Distillery and a feature dark cider collaboration with Windfall Cider!
Wildeye Brewing is located at 1385 Main Street (so not far from the entrance to the Iron Workers Bridge). It has an outdoor patio and large indoor space with lots of seating. As of the fall of 2022, this venue also has live music every week on Thursday evenings with the Dueling Pianos.
Tuesday, November 8th, 2022
- North Point Brewing – a night of beer pong, live entertainment, prizes and more.
This brewery is on East 1st Street just a couple of blocks from Lonsdale Avenue. It has outdoor seating on the road and sidewalk and a nice cozy interior. We’ve enjoyed the beers here as well as their pizza.
Wednesday, November 9th, 2022
- Black Kettle Brewing – the event at this location runs each week in October. It’s burger challenge night with two different burgers and new beers as well. Tonight is the burger challenge finale!
Note: At this brewery, in the “outdoor” tented patio area, dogs are welcome, which is so nice!
Thursday, November 10th, 2022
- La Cerveceria Astilleros – a Mexican-themed night with live Mariachi music, new beer and lots of food.
Friday, November 11th, 2022
- Shaketown Brewing – a party with DJs, tacos and Country music. The Dave Hartney Band performs from 5:00 until 8:30 pm.
Saturday, November 12th, 2022
- Deep Cove Brewing & Distillers – a throwback party with an 80s theme. The event features an era-appropriate ale, pizza pockets, a Rubik’s cube competition and hit music from the 80s.
Sunday, November 13th, 2022
- House Of Funk – a party featuring a new beer release, a variety of food and an on-site DJ.
Monday, November 14th, 2022
- Bridge Brewing – the final stop on this series of events is at Bridge Brewing. The event here offers a new beer with special pricing along with tasty food that goes with it.
Note: The above schedule of events is subject to change. Click VNSCBW for full festival details.
For more information about Vancouver’s North Shore Craft Beer Week see the Vancouver’s North Shore (Tourism) website.
For a list of other Lower Mainland breweries and beer-related events click Vancouver Breweries and Beer.
To learn more about places that make beer on the North Shore, see our article about Craft Breweries on the North Shore.
For other Metro Vancouver events in October check out the following:
- Vancouver’s October Calendar
- Lower Mainland Oktoberfest Events
- Vancouver Halloween Events
- Lower Mainland Festivals & Events
- Vancouver German Restaurants