Kidsworld 44 is a very inexpensive way for kids and adults to visit great places throughout Vancouver all school year and also to try a wide variety of new activities!
For only a $50 pass a child and adult get complimentary entrance to events each week of the year between September and June! It’s an amazing deal!
It’s never too late to buy a membership! You can join halfway through the season and still get lots of value. And if it’s too late to sign up for the current session, that means the next session is just around the corner.
Click Buy Passes to join now.
The Kidsworld Program
Kidsworld is a membership program that provides children and their families affordable access to many of the Lower Mainland’s top venues for kids. It’s designed for children ages 4 to 13 and includes dozens of participating attractions.
Kidsworld offers two different membership programs – Kidsworld 44 and Kidsworld Summer. They cost about $50 each and allow children and an accompanying adult admission to various Lower Mainland attractions on specific days at no additional cost.
The season for Kidsworld 44 runs during the 10 months of the school year and the summer session takes place in July and August. Both are exceptional.
To learn more about the program in general, click Vancouver Kidsworld. To learn more about the program during the summer school holidays, click Kidsworld Summer. And for information about the program during the school year, from September until June, see below.
The Kidsworld 44 Program
Kidsworld 44 is a program where children can visit Vancouver events and attractions with a parent at no additional charge. It costs $50 to join and provides members with complimentary admission to dozens of attractions on specific dates throughout the school year. The program runs for 44 weeks (which explains its name) from September until June.
Membership includes free entrance for the registered child as well as an accompanying adult who can be a parent, aunt, uncle, grandparent, legal guardian or even a sibling (provided that they are of at least 18 years of age). A parent can join their child at one event and someone else can go the next time – it doesn’t have to be the same person all the time, which is awesome!
With the Kidsworld 44 program there isn’t a free attraction or activity every day of the school year, but there is at least one thing every week and sometimes even more. The events are usually on weekends and other days when schools are not in session (which makes them convenient to attend).
Kidsworld 44 Attractions
Just some of the participating attractions in the school-year program in recent years are listed below. (Note: Events and participating venues change each year. See the Kidsworld website for exact details about who is participating this year and when.)
- Vancouver Giants – Vancouver’s Western Hockey League team which plays home games at the Langley Events Centre.
- HR MacMillan Space Centre – a space centre with a planetarium, films, displays and a live theatre.
- Vancouver Art Gallery – an art museum in downtown Vancouver.
- Vancouver Christmas Market – a seasonal attraction at the end of the year with market stalls, live music and carousel rides.
- Vancouver Lookout – an office tower in downtown Vancouver that has an observation deck at the top where you can see the entire region from.
- Vancouver Maritime Museum – a museum with model ships and a historic police boat that you can climb on board.
- Watermania – a large indoor aquatic centre in Richmond.
- And the list goes on … .
Other participating venues include the Vancouver Volleyball League, Circus Lab, Art Starts, YVR Airport Tours, CBC Newsroom Tours and more!
In addition to free admission to weekly events, members of the Kidsworld program also get access to valuable bonus discounts. Examples of attractions that sometimes offer members discounts include the following:
- Vancouver Whitecaps – the city’s professional soccer team (with discounts of up to 50% off regular admission).
- BC Lions – Vancouver’s professional Canadian football team.
- Sea to Sky Gondola – a gondola ride and nature attraction near Squamish (which sometimes offers free admission for Kidsworld children when accompanied by a paying adult).
The above are just a few examples of bonus discounts offered to members. For the full list click Kidsworld Discounts.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Kidsworld Summer Program
- Vancouver Activities for Children
- Metro Vancouver’s Top 100 Places
- Vancouver on a Budget
- Festivals & Events Calendar