Top Places to Eat and Drink
North Vancouver offers restaurants at all price points and of a wide range of ethnic backgrounds.
The first block of Lonsdale Avenue, just steps from Lonsdale Quay, includes some of the area’s best restaurants including Gusto, Burgoo and Anatoli Souvlaki. Further along Lonsdale Avenue there are numerous other establishments, and in places like Deep Cove, along Marine Drive and even at the top of Grouse Mountain there are even more.
Below is a list of some of North Vancouver’s most popular restaurants.
TIP: For a list of restaurants with 2-for-1 coupons in North Vancouver, as well as other locations within the Lower Mainland, click Entertainment Book Restaurant Coupons.
Lonsdale Quay & Lower Lonsdale
The following restaurants are in the Lower Lonsdale neighbourhood of North Vancouver.
- Anatoli Souvlaki is at #5 Lonsdale Avenue at the bottom of the hill. It’s more expensive than some of the North Shore’s other Greek restaurants, but it’s one of the Lower Mainland’s best.
- Burgoo at #3 Lonsdale Avenue is a great little restaurant if you like comfort food – they serve excellent soups and stews. Burgoo is an especially good place to go in the winter.
- Palki Restaurant at 1st and Lonsdale Avenue serves tasty and reasonably-priced Indian cuisine.
- Jägerhof Restaurant at 71 Lonsdale Avenue is a favourite place for locals looking for fine German, Austrian, Swiss and South Tyrol cuisine. The restaurant also often offers live music on weekends.
- The Lobby at the Pinnacle Hotel at 138 Victory Ship Way is fancy and also about a block from Lonsdale Quay.
- Sushi Bella at 152 Lonsdale Avenue is a good place for Japanese.
- The Tap and Barrel at the bottom of Lonsdale Avenue is just a short walk from Lonsdale Quay, has a large outdoor patio in the summer and features dozens of craft beers on tap.
- Thai House at 116 West Esplanade Avenue is one of our favourite places for Thai Food on the North Shore. The food is delicious and the prices are reasonable.
- Vaades at 149 West 3rd is another great Indian restaurant in Lower Lonsdale.
- Looking for a fine selection of cheap fast food? Then check out the food court area at Lonsdale Quay and then sit out on the patio (if it’s warm enough).
Other North Vancouver Restaurants
- Arm’s Reach Bistro at 4390 Gallant Avenue in Deep Cove offers great food in a beautiful part of town.
- Hachi Hana at 1426 Lonsdale serves great Japanese at a reasonable price.
- Hachiro Ramen Bar at 140 West 16th Street (a block off Lonsdale Avenue) is a newer Japanese restaurant specializing in Kyushu ramen (which is a delicious type of noodle soup).
- Haru Sushi is located at the top of the main commercial stretch of North Vancouver’s main shopping street at 2041 Lonsdale Avenue.
- When we went in 2020 we had gyoza and edamame for appetizers (which were great) as well as tempura udon and chicken yakisoba (both of which were just okay). We also ordered the beef and chicken boxes and both were excellent. Our meals, before tip, came to less than $45 for four people. You get good value here for what you pay for and we’ll be going back again!
- Hamaei at 2601 Westview Drive (at Westview Plaza just a few doors from the McDonalds) has been known for years as one of the best places for Japanese cuisine.
- Indian Fusion at 2045 Lonsdale Avenue (so about 20 blocks up the hill) serves some of Metro Vancouver’s best Indian cuisine. It’s affordable and very highly rated.
- The Observatory is the fancy restaurant with amazing views at the top of Grouse Mountain. It costs a lot to get up to Grouse (via their gondola), but it’s complimentary for guests with dinner reservations.
- Smoke & Bones is a southern-style BBQ restaurant specializing in barbequed ribs (the same as the kind you might find at the PNE or other Ribfest-style events in the summer).
North Vancouver Pubs and Bars
- The Black Bear Pub is a pub at 1177 Lynn Valley Road by Lynn Valley Shopping Centre.
- Tap & Barrel at #8 Lonsdale Avenue at Shipbuilders’ Square is Lower Lonsdale’s newest, largest and busiest pub and restaurant.
- Queens Cross Pub towards the top of Lonsdale Avenue at the corner with Queens is a favourite with locals. It’s lively down below and quieter up the stairs.
- The Raven Pub at 1052 Deep Cove Road is famous for its pizza and boasts the largest selection of craft beer on the North Shore.
- Sailor Hagar’s Brew Pub at 86 Semisch Avenue is one of the closer pubs to Lonsdale Quay and it makes its own brew.
- Seymour’s Pub and Grill is a pub at the Holiday Inn & Suites at 720 Lillooet Road (so not far from Capilano University and the Second Narrows Bridge).
Other Parts of the Lower Mainland
For the best places to eat and drink in other parts of the Lower Mainland, check out the following:
- BURNABY‘s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER‘s Best Restaurants