Vancouver has great night clubs in places like Granville Street where you can go dancing to DJ music, listen to a live band and enjoy the city’s night life.
Top Night Clubs and Music Venues in Vancouver
Looking for a Vancouver night club? Here’s where you’ll find them. What makes a best night club, however, depends on a lot of things including your age, tastes, noise tolerance, types of music you like, whether you want to dance, and what’s featured on any particular night.
What’s a “best place” for one person won’t be a “best place” for someone else, and that’s especially true when it comes to night life.
Below we’ve listed some of Vancouver’s most popular places, with a short description and their location.
- Fortune Sound Club – featuring top 40 dance music at 147 East Pender in the heart of Chinatown.
- The Bourbon – Vancouver’s place for country music, located at 50 West Cordova Street in Gastown.
- The Commodore Ballroom – the Commodore is a great place for dancing and concerts. At 868 Granville Street, it’s located in the heart of Vancouver’s entertainment district.
- The Fox Cabaret – a former movie theatre and present-day live music and night club venue in Vancouver’s Mount Pleasant neighbourhood at 2321 Main Street.
- Guilt & Co. – located at #1 Alexander Street in Gastown, it’s a bar, not a night club. It is, however, an awesome place and one of Vancouver’s top venues for live music. A different band plays there every night, and great bands too!
- The Imperial – a 6000-square-foot private event and multimedia venue at 319 Main Street (so a few blocks north of Chinatown in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside). It’s not a “night club”, but does have events including live music on various evenings each week.
- The Roxy – a well-known night spot with DJs and/or live bands seven days a week at 932 Granville Street. They describe their clientele as “a happy mix of industry, locals and tourists with no discernible age range.”
- Venue – at 881 Granville Street in the heart of the city’s entertainment district, it boasts one of Vancouver’s best sound systems and light shows and serves as both a nightclub and concert facility for up to about 500 people.
- The Vogue – an Art Deco-style former movie house at 918 Granville Street that is today a designated national historic site and event centre. It’s not a night club, but it does often host night club-style live music events.