Vancouver has great nightclubs in places like Granville Street where you can go dancing to DJ music, listen to a live band and enjoy the city’s night life.
Top Nightclubs and Music Venues in Vancouver
Looking for a Vancouver nightclub? Here’s where you’ll find them. What makes a best nightclub, however, depends on a lot of things including your age, tastes, noise tolerance, types of music you like, whether you want to dance, and what’s featured on any particular night.
What’s a “best place” for one person won’t be a “best place” for someone else, and that’s especially true when it comes to night life.
Below we’ve listed some of Vancouver’s most popular places, with a short description and their location.
- Fortune Sound Club – featuring top 40 dance music at 147 East Pender in the heart of Chinatown.
- The Bourbon – Vancouver’s place for country music, located at 50 West Cordova Street in Gastown.
- The Commodore Ballroom – the Commodore is a great place for dancing and concerts. At 868 Granville Street, it’s located in the heart of Vancouver’s entertainment district.
- The Fox Cabaret – a former movie theatre and present-day live music and night club venue in Vancouver’s Mount Pleasant neighbourhood at 2321 Main Street.
- Guilt & Co. – located at #1 Alexander Street in Gastown, it’s a bar, not a nightclub. It is, however, an awesome place and one of Vancouver’s top venues for live music. A different band plays there every night, and great bands too!
- The Imperial – a 6000-square-foot private event and multimedia venue at 319 Main Street (so a few blocks north of Chinatown in Vancouver’s Downtown Eastside). It’s not a “night club”, but does have events including live music on various evenings each week.
- The Roxy – a well-known night spot with DJs and/or live bands seven days a week at 932 Granville Street. They describe their clientele as “a happy mix of industry, locals and tourists with no discernible age range.”
- Venue – at 881 Granville Street in the heart of the city’s entertainment district, it boasts one of Vancouver’s best sound systems and light shows and serves as both a nightclub and concert facility for up to about 500 people.
- The Vogue – an Art Deco-style former movie house at 918 Granville Street that is today a designated national historic site and event centre. It’s not a night club, but it does often host nightclub-style live music events.
Vancouver Boat Parties
In addition to night clubs, Vancouver sometimes has special night club-like parties on yachts out in the water. They take place on special occasions like on New Year’s Eve, St. Patrick’s Day and at Halloween.
To learn more about these events see our article about Vancouver Boat Parties.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Lower Mainland Bars & Restaurants
- City of Vancouver Bars & Restaurants
- Granville Street
- Entertainment in Vancouver
- Shows & Entertainment