The Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair is an amazing event on the Victoria Day Long Weekend in May. And guess what! You can win four tickets!
NOTE: This contest has finished and is no longer taking place. Sorry, but it’s too late to enter!
The Cloverdale Rodeo takes place on May 19th to 22nd in 2023. Tickets to the fair cost $12 for everyone ages 13 and older. Admission to the fairgrounds is free for children ages 12 and under. Tickets to rodeo shows cost extra. They are $20 for folks ages 13+ and $7 for children between the ages of 3 and 12.
Below are details about ways you could win four (4) tickets to both the fair and a rodeo show (which for four adults is worth over $120)!
Note: This contest finished on May 15th, at 2:00 pm. (PST)
Win Tickets to the Cloverdale Rodeo
To win tickets to the Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair in 2023 you had to do between one and three of six different things. Here is what you needed to do:
- Sign up for Vancouver’s Best Places’ e-Newsletter (in the sidebar of our website when viewed on desktop devices or near the bottom of the page when viewed on mobile devices). (Note: If you are already a subscriber, just send us an e-mail at info(at)ancouversbestplaces.com and we’ll still enter your name in the draw.)
- Follow us on Instagram @vansbestplaces. Or, if you already follow us on Instagram, then find our Instagram post about the contest and like it or comment on it.
- Follow us on Facebook @vancouversbestplaces. Or, if you already follow us on Facebook, then find our Facebook post about the contest and like it or comment on it.
For details about the event, see our article about the Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair or visit the official cloverdalerodeo.com website. To learn about how you could win the free tickets to both the country fair and rodeo, continue reading.
Rodeo Giveaway Rules and Details
Vancouver’s Best Places was giving away one (1) pack of four (4) tickets to the Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair in 2023. The prize included four (4) general admission tickets to the fairgrounds and four (4) tickets to see one of the rodeo shows. The prize did not include passes or tickets for the amusement rides. Those cost extra and could be purchased separately.
The prize tickets could be used on any one day between May 19th and May 22nd, subject to availability. (Note: Tickets for the rodeo shows often sell out. Consequently, if you were the winner, don’t leave booking your choice of dates until the last minute!)
To enter the giveaway contest, you needed to do at least one of the six things listed below. If you did one action item from the list, your name was entered into the draw once. If you did two things, your name was entered into the draw twice. And if you did three things, your name was entered three times. In other words, depending on what you do, you could earn up to three chances to win.
To enter this contest, you could do either option #1 or #2 below to get one chance to win. If you did either option #3 or #4 below, you got a second chance. Did #5 or #6 below, and you got a third chance to win.
- Subscribe to Vancouver’s Best Places’ e-Newsletter if you aren’t already, OR
- If you do already subscribe to our e-newsletter, either reply to this e-mail or send us an e-mail to info(at)vancouversbestplaces.com and ask us to enter you in the rodeo giveaway contest. You can also contact us via the Contact Page on our website.
- Start to follow us on Facebook (@vancouversbestplaces) OR
- If you already follow us on Facebook, then, instead, find our Facebook post titled “WIN TICKETS TO THE RODEO” and comment on it, like it or share it.
- Start to follow us on Instagram (@vansbestplaces) OR
- If you already follow us on Instagram, then, instead, find our Instagram post titled “WIN TICKETS TO THE RODEO” and comment on it or like it.
You also needed to agree to the contest’s rules, terms and conditions described further below.
(NOTE: If you didn’t already follow Vancouver’s Best Places on Facebook or Instagram, all you needed to do was start following us to earn one entry into the contest. If you already followed us, to earn a chance to win, you had to like or comment on one of our Rodeo Contest-related social media posts. If you liked, commented or shared one of our Rodeo Contest-related social media posts, but didn’t also follow us on that channel, then you would not have been entered in the contest just for liking the post.)
This contest was only open to residents of British Columbia who were ages 19 or older. The Giveaway contest started on Saturday, May 6th, at 11:59 am. It ended on Friday, May 15th, at 2:00 pm (PST). The winner was to be contacted by email or DM (direct message via social media) on or before Tuesday, May 16th, at 11:59 pm (PST). Entering the contest meant you abide by all contest rules.
The prize was a pack of four (4) general admission tickets to the Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair in May of 2023. Travel expenses were not included. Amusement ride tickets were also not included.
Anyone who signs up for Vancouver’s Best Places’ e-newsletter during the period of the contest (between May 6th and 15th) was entered in the contest automatically. If you signed up before the contest started, you were not automatically entered. If you were already a subscriber, however, if you sent us an e-mail, we would still have given you the extra chance to win!
With Instagram and Facebook, only new followers were entered to win. If you were a new follower on social media, so someone who had started following between May 6th and May 15th in 2023, you were entered to win. If you followed us on these social media platforms prior to the start of the contest on May 6th, you could still be entered to win an additional time if you liked, followed or shared our social media post about the contest (with the title of “WIN TICKETS TO THE RODEO”).
See below for additional details about the contest.
Official Contest Rules
Below is information about A) How to Enter, B) the Contest Prize, C) Contest Eligibility & The Contest Draw, D) Instagram, Facebook, Mailchimp and their Roles in this Contest, and E) Other Terms and Conditions related to the contest rules.
Note: By participating in this contest, participants declare that they have read and understand the following giveaway contest rules and agree to accept all decisions by Vancouver’s Best Places with respect to this contest.
A. How to Enter
There are three different ways to get your name entered into the draw. You can win via our e-Newsletter and/or via our Facebook and/or Instagram social media channels.
Start to follow @vancouversbestplaces on Facebook and/or @vansbestplaces on Instagram, and/or sign up for our e-Newsletter by filling in the form located in the right sidebar of our website (or near the bottom of the page if viewed on a mobile device). One (1) new Facebook follow is equal to one (1) entry. One (1) new Instagram follow is equal to one (1) entry. One (1) new sign up for our e-newsletter is equal to one (1) entry.
If you are already a subscriber to our e-newsletter prior to the start of this giveaway contest campaign, send us an e-mail at info(at)vancouversbestplaces.com and ask us in the e-mail to enter you in the contest.
If you already follow us on Facebook, find our Facebook post about the “WIN TICKETS TO THE RODEO” Contest and like it, share it or add a nice comment. If you do that, even if you followed us prior to May 6th, we’ll still enter you in the contest under the “Facebook” category.
If you already follow us on Instagram, find our Instagram post about the “WIN TICKETS TO THE RODEO” Contest and like it, share it or add a nice comment. If you do that, even if you followed us prior to May 6th, we’ll still enter you in the contest under the “Instagram” category.
All valid entries will be counted, meaning you can enter the contest up to three times, once for doing something related to our e-Newsletter and one each for actions related to our Facebook and Instagram channels. Entries must be received by contest closing time which is Monday, May 15th, 2023, at 2:00 pm (PST). Late submissions will not be accepted. There is no purchase necessary to enter.
B. Contest Prize
The winner will be awarded one pack of four (4) tickets to the Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair in Surrey in May 2023. No purchase is necessary.
The prize package has an approximate value of $120 (CAD). The winner will be contacted by Vancouver’s Best Places with instructions on how they can claim their prize. The winner must reply to the direct message (DM) or email informing them of their winning within 24 hours (or by the end of day after the day of notification) of the offer being sent or they will forfeit their prize and another recipient will be selected.
The prizes of tickets have no cash value and cannot be sold or redeemed for cash. The tickets are valid for one day at the Cloverdale Rodeo & Country Fair. The winner must choose a date at the time the prize is awarded.
C. Contest Eligibility and the Contest Draw
This giveaway is open to residents of British Columbia, Canada, who are at least 19 years of age.
To qualify for the prizes the selected winner must verify that they are BC residents and over 19 years of age. If they are unable to verify these details they will be disqualified and another draw will take place to choose new recipients of the prizes.
The winner will be selected via a random draw of eligible entry submissions by Vancouver’s Best Places. After being notified, the winner will have to answer a basic skill-testing question in order to receive their prize.
Employees, agents and representatives of Vancouver’s Best Places, the Cloverdale Rodeo and Jelly Marketing, and members of the immediate family of such persons (including spouses, parents, siblings or children), are not eligible to enter this contest.
Participants can get up to three chances to win (e.g., one each for doing prescribed actions related to Vancouver’s Best Places’ e-Newsletter, Facebook channel and Instagram channel). The same person, however, cannot be entered more than once under each of these three eligibility categories.
D. Instagram, Facebook, Mailchimp and this Contest
As this contest is not sponsored, administered, or affiliated with Instagram, Facebook or Mailchimp, any questions about this contest must be sent to info(at)vancouversbestplaces.com.
E. Other Terms and Conditions
- No purchase is necessary to enter this contest.
- The odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
- Contest entries are accepted between 11:59 am (Pacific Standard Time) on Friday, May 6th, 2023, and 2:00 pm (PST) on Monday, May 15th, 2023. Entries received before and after these dates and times are automatically void.
- By entering this contest, all entrants accept and agree to abide by the contest rules, terms, regulations and decisions of Vancouver’s Best Places.
- By entering this contest, entrants agree to allow Vancouver’s Best Places and the Cloverdale Rodeo to publish their name if the entrant wins the contest. If any winning entrant requests that their name not be published, the entrant agrees that their name can at least be provided to any person or organization requesting to know the results of the contest (to ensure transparency of the process).
- In addition to having their entries randomly selected, in order to win the prize, the selected contestant must correctly answer a skill-testing question.
- There are no substitutions and the prize must be accepted as awarded.
- This giveaway contest is subject to the laws of British Columbia, Canada.
- Vancouver’s Best Places and the Cloverdale Rodeo reserve the right to modify or cancel this giveaway contest at any time for any reason without notice to participants unless prohibited by law. If ending the contest prior to the initial published contest end date, Vancouver’s Best Places reserves the right to award the prize from among all eligible entries received prior to cancellation of the contest.
- If for any reason a winner cannot be found, including if Vancouver’s Best Places is unsuccessful in contacting the winner (or subsequent winners if the first one is unsuccessful) within 4 days of the closing date of the contest, the ticket packages or the sum of their values may be donated to a registered BC-based charity, non-profit organization or family in need. Vancouver’s Best Places will, however, do its best to find a winner.
- Regarding personal information, Vancouver’s Best Places will use a contestant’s personal information for the purposes of conducting this contest. This includes collection of entrants’ names, Instagram details, Facebook details and/or email details. The winners’ names and contact details including proof of age and province of residence may also be collected.
- Vancouver’s Best Places and the Cloverdale Rodeo are not responsible, for whatever reason, for lost, delayed or otherwise not received entries.
- Vancouver’s Best Places and the Cloverdale Rodeo are not responsible for errors in the administration or offer of this giveaway contest of any kind, including but not limited to mistakes in advertising, contest rules, winner selection or distribution of the prize. This includes but is not limited to technical problems, human error, employee illness, corrupted data, IT, social media, computer hardware or software problems.
- By entering this contest, entrants understand and accept that affiliates and subsidiaries and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents of PR Loyalty Solutions (d.b.a. Vancouver’s Best Places), the Cloverdale Rodeo and Jelly Marketing are exempt from all liability of any kind, including but not limited to, any property damage, loss, personal injury, death or expense related directly or indirectly to this giveaway contest, receipt of the prize or attending the rodeo.
- In the case of any inconsistency or discrepancy between the above listed rules of this contest and any statements made elsewhere in any other contest-related materials, including but not limited to the contest-related posts on social media, the above terms, conditions and rules shall prevail.