Mission is a small town in the Fraser Valley that’s known for Stave Falls, Mission Raceway Park and Rolley Lake Provincial Park, plus lots of farmland.
The District of Mission
Mission is located about an hour east of Vancouver (in good traffic) and just north of the Fraser River from Abbotsford. It was founded in 1892 and today has a population of close to 40,000.
Places of Interest
Mission is a pretty town and popular places of interest include the following:
- Fraser River Heritage Park – a park at 7494 Mary Street where community festivals usually take place.
- Mission Raceway Park – a car race track at 32670 Dyke Road.
- Rolley Lake Provincial Park – a park with a small lake and a nice campground.
- Stave Falls – a BC Hydro hydroelectric power station.
Mission Festivals & Events
Major festivals and events that take place in Mission include the following:
- Old Car Sunday in the Park – a massive car show at Fraser River Heritage Park on Father’s Day in June.
- Canada Day Celebrations – Mission celebrates July 1st with festivities at Fraser River Heritage Park and fireworks at Mission Raceway Park.
- Mission City Farmers Market – a summer market on Saturdays from early May until the beginning of October.
- Mission Folk Music Festival – a music festival at Fraser River Heritage Park in mid to late July.
Mission is also home to a couple of really good haunted attractions around Halloween in October. There is the Mission Halloween Haunted House at the Silverdale Community Centre and the Tribute to the Walking Dead attraction at Mission Raceway Park.
For more information about the area, click Fraser Valley.