Canada Day festivities in Maple Ridge usually happen at the Memorial Peace Park and ACT Art Centre on July 1st. In 2021 it was a drive-thru event instead.
Maple Ridge celebrated Canada Day in 2020 in an online format due to COVID-19. In 2021, the city hosted a drive-thru “Cross Country Road Trip” event at the Albion Fairgrounds and Sports Complex. In 2022 celebrations take place in-person at Memorial Peace Park.
Canada Day Celebrations in Maple Ridge
The Canada Day event in Maple Ridge runs from 12:00 until 6:00 pm. Festivities happen at Memorial Peace Park, located at 22407 Dewdney Trunk Road. Activities at the event include concerts, pony rides, an artisan market, scavenger hunt, bubble soccer, laser tag and various family-friendly things to do.
2022 Canada Day Entertainment Schedule
There are three stages to choose from for entertainment at the July 1st event. Below you’ll find the entertainment schedule for the 2022 Canada Day celebrations.
- 12:00 pm – Asi Somos on the Bandstand
- 1:30 pm – Coco Jafro performs on the Main Stage
- 2:00 pm – Brickyard Band performs on the Star 224 Stage
- 2:15 pm – Bhangra Dancing on the Bandstand
- 2:45 pm – Cousin Harley performs on the Main Stage
- 2:45 pm – Amed Dance Academy takes the Star 224 Stage
- 3:25 pm – Patt Chessell Band performs on the Star 224 Stage
- 3:30 pm – Alex Wells Hoop Dance on the Bandstand
- 4:00 pm – Ezra Kwizera performs on the Main Stage
- 4:10 pm – Paul Silveria leads square dancing on the Star 224 Stage
- 4:45 pm – Flamenco MR Dance Circle on the Bandstand
- 4:50 pm – Charm performs on the Star 224 Stage
- 5:15 pm – Redwoods hits the Main Stage
Canada Day Activities in 2022
In addition to the above live entertainment, activities that run between 12:00 and 6:00 pm include miniature golf, laser tag, bubble soccer, a climbing wall and more. Pony rides are available from 2:00 to 4:00 pm, and Kub Kar Racing takes place from 2:00 to 6:00 pm. In addition, there is a farmers market and a scavenger hunt in the evening.
The 2022 Canada Day event in Maple Ridge also features a beer garden between 12:00 and 6:00 pm. It’s close to the Main Stage and all drinks are provided by House of Funk Brewing Co. Food trucks are also on-site from 12:00 to 6:00 pm, offering mini donuts, ice cream, Greek food and more.
Tips and Advice
Below are some tips and advice to help you make the most out of your Maple Ridge Canada Day experience.
TIP #1: If driving, arrive early as parking on the day is challenging. Limited underground parking is available if you use the Edge Street and Dewdney Trunk entrances. There is also a fair bit of street parking in the area, although you may need to walk a ways.
TIP #2: Carpool or take public transit if you can.
TIP #3: Some of the live entertainment usually takes place indoors at the ACT Art Centre (which makes the Maple Ridge Canada Day event an especially good one in case of rain).
Click Canada Day in Maple Ridge for further details about the free event.
Click Canada Day in Metro Vancouver for a list of other July 1st events in the Lower Mainland.
To learn more about the city see our article about Maple Ridge’s Best Places.
Click Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows for information about the area.