Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge are smaller cities bordered by mountains to the north and the Fraser River to the south in the eastern part of Metro Vancouver.
Best Places in Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge
Pitt Meadows has a population of less than 20,000, and Maple Ridge has slightly more than 75,000. Both suburbs are surrounded by some of the Lower Mainland’s most spectacular scenery and are famous for their dykes and cranberry and blueberry farms.
Below are some of the best places to visit in the Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge region.
Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows Attractions
Being picturesque and fairly rural, the area around Pitt Meadows and Maple Ridge is ideal for hiking, walking, cycling, golf and outdoor adventure and recreational activities. The following are some of the region’s highlights:
- Alouette Lake – a beautiful lake surrounded by mountains in Golden Ears Provincial Park that’s popular for boating and swimming in the summer, and fishing year-round.
- Delta Force Paintball – one of the Lower Mainland’s best and newest paintball parks at 14448-224th Street in Maple Ridge
- Dykes – there are dykes throughout the area which make the region one of the best places for cycling and leisurely walks.
- Golden Ears Provincial Park – one of the largest parks in the region with mountains, hiking trails, campgrounds and Alouette Lake.
- Kanaka Creek Regional Park – park with walking trails along the Fraser River a short drive east of Maple Ridge.
- Laity Pumpkin Patch – a farm and pumpkin patch that’s popular in the fall in Maple Ridge at 21145-128th Avenue.
- Meadow Gardens Golf Course – one of the Lower Mainland’s best golf courses, located at 19675 Meadow Gardens Way in Pitt Meadows.
- Pitt Lake – a stunning lake with dykes that are great for walking and cycling along.
- Swan-e-Set Bay Resort – one of Metro Vancouver’s most beautiful and prestigious golf courses, located at 16651 Rannie Road in Pitt Meadows.
- Wildplay Elements Park – a great outdoor adventure park with ropes courses through the trees at 23485 Fern Crescent.
Events in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows
A number of interesting festivals and events take place in the region, including the following:
- Haney Farmers Market – takes place between 9 am and 2 pm at 11900-224 Street in Maple Ridge’s Memorial Peace Park from May until the middle of October, and then from mid-October until mid-November at 24565 Dewdney Trunk Road.
- Canada Day Celebrations – Maple Ridge celebrates July 1st with a family-friendly event at the Memorial Peace Park.
- Maple Ridge-Pitt Meadows Country Fest – a summer community fair at the Albion Fairgrounds at 23448-105th Avenue in Maple Ridge in late July.
- Music on the Wharf – a series of outdoor concerts on the Port Haney Wharf at 22360 River Road in Maple Ridge in the summer. (For other outdoor music concert venues in the Lower Mainland, click Free Summer Concerts.)
- Maple Ridge Caribbean Festival – a music festival at the Maple Ridge Fairgrounds (early August).
- Maple Ridge Food Truck Festival – a community event in September that features about 20 food trucks, live music and activities for children.
- Celebrate the Night – a free Halloween event with fireworks at the Memorial Peace Park at the end of October.
- Maple Ridge Christmas Festival – a small community event with a Santa Claus parade in downtown Maple Ridge.
- CP Holiday Train – a CP train decorated with Christmas lights makes its way across Canada and visits communities along the way. The train makes stops in both Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows most years in mid-December. At each stop there is a free concert and volunteers collect donations for the local food bank.
Maple Ridge Video
Check out the following video to learn more about Maple Ridge and the surrounding area.