Not far from Steveston Village in Richmond is London Farm which is an 1890’s historic site with a farmhouse, tea house and beautiful gardens.
The place used to be called London Heritage Farm. Now though it’s just called London Farm.
London Farm Near Steveston Village
The Farmhouse at London Heritage Farm is usually open to the public from noon until 5:00 pm on weekends from March until June, and from Wednesdays to Sundays from noon until 5:00 pm in July and August (so closed on Mondays and Tuesdays). It is again open just on weekends from September to December in the afternoons from 1:00 to 4:00 pm.
The Farmhouse is closed during January and February. The site’s grounds are open to the public year-round, however. You can visit the property during daylight hours basically every day of the year.
The best time to visit London Heritage Farm is when combining it with a trip to Steveston Village, but especially when there is an event at the farm.
London Farm Special Events
Special event days at London Heritage Farm include the following (although not every year):
- Chinese New Year Tea at Chinese New Year (in either January or February depending on the year).
- London Easter Tea in the spring.
- Annual Plant Sale and Mother’s Day Tea each year on the Mother’s Day weekend. In 2023 the sale is on May 13th & 14th and the tea is on the 14th.
- London Family Farm Day in August.
- Thanksgiving Tea on the Canadian Thanksgiving weekend.
- Remembrance Day Tea on the weekend before November 11th.
The London Heritage Farm isn’t so much a destination in itself, but a nice place to visit while in the area. (In other words, it’s worth checking out but you wouldn’t drive across the entire Lower Mainland just to see it and then drive straight back home again. It’s great though to combine with a visit to the general area.) It is also a pleasant bike ride mostly along the water from Steveston Village and not too far from the Britannia Heritage Shipyard.
If exploring the Steveston area and you want to see more, then the farm can be a good place for a short stop.
For more information about the place see the London Heritage Farm website.
For more details about the area click Richmond or Steveston Village.
Other similar historic sites elsewhere in the Lower Mainland include the following:
- Haney House in Maple Ridge
- Kilby Historic Site near Harrison Hot Springs
- Mackin House in Coquitlam
- Roedde House in Vancouver’s West End
- Stewart Farm in South Surrey near Crescent Beach