Formerly called Rock Ambleside and then the Ambleside Retro Music Festival, the Ambleside Music Festival is an outdoor event in West Vancouver in August.
The festival didn’t happen a couple of years ago because of the pandemic. It was going to happen on the weekend of August 13th to 15th in 2021. It got cancelled again, however, for the second year in a row.
In 2022 the music festival is taking place, but under another new name. This year the Ambleside Music Festival happens on the weekend of August 12th to 14th.
This article contains the following information:
Click on any of the above links to jump to a specific topic or continue reading to learn all about Rock Ambleside.
The Ambleside Music Festival
Ambleside Live is a music festival series that has been taking place under different yet similar names near the waterfront in West Vancouver since 2013.
In the past the event has attracted an older crowd and showcased popular rock bands from yesteryear. Bands including Tom Cochrane with Red Rider, Honeymoon Suite, Quiet Riot, the Headpins, Sass Jordan and other great favourites performed in 2019.
In 2022 the Ambleside Music Festival happens on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of August 12th, 13th and 14th. The lineup for this year’s event includes The Offspring, Mother Mother, Marianas Trench and Walk Off The Earth.
Where and When
The music festival happens at Ambleside Park which is located at 1150 Marine Drive in West Vancouver. The event takes place each year around the third weekend of August. In 2020 the dates were going to be August 14th to 16th, but the event was cancelled. The 2021 festival was scheduled to take place on August 13th to 15th, but then the entire event got cancelled once again. In 2022 its dates are August 12th, 13th and 14th.
In years when it does take place, the Ambleside Music Festival usually runs from around 3:00 until 10:00 pm each day, although exact details for 2022 are TBC as of early June.
Early bird admission to the music festival in 2022 costs the following (plus taxes and fees):
- Full Weekend Pass: $245
- Full Weekend Kids Pass: $122.50
- Full Weekend VIP Pass: $525
- Single Day Pass: To be confirmed (as of early June)
The kids pass is for those who are under the age of 13. Prices are likely to increase closer to the event date. There are limited VIP tickets on offer and they provide various perks. These include a separate VIP entrance gate and lounge, complimentary snacks, a private bar and designated VIP washrooms.
In 2019 parking could be purchased in advance for about $30 for a single day or $90 for the full weekend. As of early June, 2022, it’s unclear whether that will be similar this year.
As of early June there is not yet an exact schedule in terms of the times that each band will perform. Below is the full list of who is performing at the festival at the time of writing, with more artists likely to be added closer to the event.
(Note: performances and times are subject to change.)
Friday, August 12, 2022
- Mother Mother
- Charlotte Cardin
- Jon and Roy
- Scott Helman
- Hannah Georgas
- Tim Atlas
- Jesse Roper
- Aiden Ayers
Saturday, August 13, 2022
- The Offspring
- Tokyo Police Club
- The Blue Stones
- The Darcys
- Texas King
- Little Destroyer
Sunday, August 14, 2022
- Marianas Trench
- Walk Off The Earth
- St. Paul & The Broken Bones
- Ria Mae
- Virginia to Vegas
- The Harpoonist & The Axe Murderer
- Cartel Madras
Rock Ambleside Concert Video
Below is footage of one of the concerts at Rock Ambleside from a previous year.
It’s not every day that the lead singer of a major rock band comes down off the stage to be with the crowd to sing, but that’s what Paulie Z from Sweet did in 2018. What a great concert it was!
Things to Know
Below are some good things to know before heading to the festival.
- The event takes place rain or shine and tickets are non-refundable. Take your umbrella if precipitation is in the forecast (although oversized golf and beach umbrellas are not permitted).
- Re-entry is allowed up until 9:30 pm, so you can enter and leave the venue as you like until then, but not after. Also, don’t forget your wristband or handstamp if leaving.
- Smoking and pets are not permitted at the venue.
- Expect to have your bags and other personal belongings searched upon entry.
- Professional cameras (i.e., with detachable lenses) and recording devices are prohibited.
- Take your own blanket or lawn chair to sit on (unless spending extra for the VIP seating).
- Outside food and beverages are not permitted. Empty plastic and metal water bottles, however, are allowed.
For further details about the Ambleside Live event, see the Ambleside Retro Music Festival website.
Click any of the following for more information about the area: