Summer Sundays is a free series of live music concerts with a different band on Sunday afternoons in July and August at Port Moody’s Rocky Point Park.
CONCERTS CANCELLED DUE TO COVID-19
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic and government orders that gatherings of 50 or more people not take place, Summer Sundays at Rocky Point Park has been cancelled for 2020. The event is combined with a couple of other major events each summer. They are Golden Spike Days over the Canada Day weekend and Port Moody Ribfest in mid-July. Both of these events have also been cancelled for 2020.
To learn more about the status of the weekly summer concerts see the Port Moody Summer Sunday‘s website.
For a list of events that have already been cancelled in 2020 see our article about Vancouver, COVID-19 and Event Cancellations.
Summer Sundays at Rocky Point Park
Summer Sundays take place starting at 2 pm at Rocky Point Park which is located at 2800 Murray Street in Port Moody.
In 2019 the events ran from July 7th until September 1st. 2021 dates will likely be similar.
Summer Sundays Schedule
Below is the schedule for the Summer Sundays concerts for the 2019 season to give you an idea of what to expect. The lineup in 2021 will likely be comparable.
- July 1st Weekend – Golden Spike Days takes place on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday of the Canada Day Weekend. Live music takes place all weekend!
- July 7th, 2019 – Special 2 Band Feature Event
- July 14th, 2019 – Special 2 Band Feature Event
- July 19, 20 & 21, 2019 – Port Moody Ribfest: an entire weekend of live music and BBQ competitions hosted by the Rotary Club of Port Moody.
- July 28th, 2019
- 2:00 pm – Dawn Pemberton
- August 4th, 2019 – Special 2 Band Feature Event
- August 11th, 2019 – Special 2 Band Feature Event
- 2:00 pm – New Orleans Gumbo (with the Al Foreman Band)
- 4:30 pm – R&B Conspiracy
- August 18th, 2019
- 2:00 pm – R.E.S.P.E.C.T.
- August 25th, 2019
- 2:00 pm – Tom Lavin & the Legendary Powder Blues
- September 1st, 2019
- 2:00 pm – Hitsville USA Band (presenting the “Motown Show”)
Tips and Advice
Below are some suggestions on how to make the most of your time at Summer Sundays in Port Moody.
TIP #1: If you like outdoor live music, go at least once. It’s worth the trip, especially if it’s a sunny day.
TIP #2: Pack a blanket or lawn chair to sit on, plus maybe a picnic.
TIP #3: Arrive early to increase your chances of finding convenient parking. And if you can’t find any right at Rocky Point Park, drive down Murray Street just a short distance and there’s another parking lot not too far away.
TIP #4: Explore Rocky Point Park while you’re there. It’s a beautiful spot with walking trails plus an outdoor swimming pool and water park for children, plus a beach when the tide is out.
TIP #5: Treat yourself to a cone at the Rocky Point Ice Cream Shop. Their ice creams are delicious!
For more information on the music events, click Summer Sundays.
For more information on things to do in the area, click Port Moody.
For a list of other free outdoor live music opportunities, see Free Outdoor Concerts in Metro Vancouver.