Summer Sundays is a free series of live music concerts with a different band on Sunday afternoons in July and August at Port Moody’s Rocky Point Park.
Summer Sundays at Rocky Point Park in 2018
Summer Sundays take place starting at 2 pm at Rocky Point Park which is located at 2800 Murray Street in Port Moody.
In 2018 the events run from July 8th until September 2nd.
2018 Summer Sundays Schedule
Below is the schedule for the Summer Sundays concerts for the 2018 season.
- July 1st Weekend – Golden Spike Days takes place on the Friday, Saturday, Sunday and Monday of the Canada Day Weekend. Live music takes place all weekend!
- July 8th, 2018 – Groove & Tonic
- July 15th, 2018 – Mr. Boogie Woogie
- July 20, 21, 22, 2018 – Port Moody Ribfest: an entire weekend of live music and BBQ competitions hosted by the Rotary Club of Port Moody.
- July 29th, 2018 – David Gogo
- August 5th, 2018 – Special 2 Band Feature Event
- August 12th, 2018 – Eagle Eyes (an Eagles tribute band)
- August 19th, 2018 – Steelin’ In The Years (a Steely Dan tribute band)
- August 26th, 2018 – Brickhouse
- September 2nd, 2018 – Big City Soul
Below are some suggestions on how to make the most of your time at Summer Sundays in Port Moody.
- TIP #1: If you like outdoor live music, go at least once. It’s worth the trip, especially if it’s a sunny day.
- TIP #2: Pack a blanket or lawn chair to sit on, plus maybe a picnic.
- TIP #3: Arrive early to increase your chances of finding convenient parking. And if you can’t find any right at Rocky Point Park, drive down Murray Street just a short distance and there’s another parking lot not too far away.
- TIP #4: Explore Rocky Point Park while you’re there. It’s a beautiful spot with walking trails plus an outdoor swimming pool and water park for children, plus a beach when the tide is out.
- TIP #5: Treat yourself to a cone at the Rocky Point Ice Cream Shop. Their ice creams are delicious!
For more information on the music events, click Summer Sundays.
For more information on things to do in the area, click Port Moody.
For a list of other free outdoor live music opportunities, see Free Outdoor Concerts in Metro Vancouver.