Rocky Point Park is a municipal park with a large grassy lawn, pier, outdoor swimming pool, band shelter and giant kids play area in the town of Port Moody.
The park also has walking trails, a free water play area in the summer and beautiful views.
FREE CHRISTMAS EVENT AT ROCKY POINT PARK
Holiday Cheer at the Pier is an annual community event that takes place in 2019 on Saturday, November 30th. The event happens in the evening and includes live music, a miniature train, pretty lights, photo opportunities with Santa and free cookies and hot chocolate.
For more details click Holiday Cheer at the Pier 2019.
Rocky Point Park
Rocky Point Park is located at 2800 Murray Street in Port Moody which is located at the far eastern tip of Burrard Inlet. It’s a beautiful city park and arguably one of the nicest in the Lower Mainland.
Rocky Point Park offers excellent amenities. There’s a pier out into the water, plus a pathway all along the waterfront. There are also forested walking trails, a large grassy field, outdoor performance stage and boat launch facilities.
The children’s play facilities at Rock Point Park are exceptional. There’s a large playground, a water park area in the summer and a small outdoor pool.
Events at Rocky Point Park
A number of great events take place at the park each summer including the following:
- Port Moody Penguin Plunge – a polar bear-style swim at Rocky Point Park on January 1st.
- Summer Sundays – free live music on Sunday afternoons between early July and the beginning of September.
- National Indigenous Peoples Day – an event celebrating First Nations’ culture on or around June 21st each year.
- Golden Spike Days – a weekend of Canada Day celebrations at the end of June and beginning of July.
- Port Moody Rotary Ribfest – a weekend event in mid-July with BBQ rib competitions and outdoor concerts.
- Terry Fox Run – a fundraising event for cancer research where people run from Rocky Point Park and along trails around the Port Moody waterfront in September.
- Holiday Cheer at the Pier – a free Christmas-themed event in late November or early December.
For a list of other things to do in the area click Port Moody.
For a list of other Lower Mainland parks, click Parks & Nature.