FARM COVID-19 UPDATES
Due to the coronavirus, the historic Stewart Farm was temporarily closed. The farmhouse itself is still closed as of the middle of January 2021. However, guided outdoor tours are set to return on February 3rd.
For more information about the status of the historic site see the Stewart Farm website.
To see more attractions that are reopening click Vancouver Attractions COVID-19 Updates.
Surrey’s Historic Stewart Farm
Stewart Farm is located at 13723 Crescent Road in Crescent Beach (in Surrey). Built in the late 1800’s by John Stewart for his pioneering family, the heritage farmhouse is the central attraction.
The farm is usually closed from late December until mid-February, and open the rest of the year Tuesdays to Fridays from 10 am to 4 pm as well as Saturdays and Sundays from noon until 4 pm. The farm is closed on Mondays and Remembrance Day. Admission is by donation.
Events at Stewart Farm
Best times to visit historic Stewart Farm include any sunny day in the warmer months when combined with a trip to Crescent Beach or White Rock, and during any of the following special events, all of which are admission by donation.
- Family Flag Day – pioneer games, tours of the historic house and craft activities on Family Day on the third Monday in February.
- Royal Victorian Party – on the Sunday of the Victoria Day statutory holiday long weekend in May.
- Father’s Day Open House – on Father’s Day every year. Activities typically include toy train displays, miniature train rides, sack races and lemonade. Admission is free.
- Olde Harvest Fair – on a Saturday in mid-September there are people in costume, tours of the orchard, apple cider making and market vendors. Other activities typically include live entertainment, face painting, tours of the historic house and family-friendly games. Admission is free.
- Haunted Farm Family Day – kid-friendly Halloween fun on the last Saturday in October. Activities typically run from around noon until 3 pm and include crafts, games, scavenger hunts and scary silent movies. Candy and hot chocolate are also usually available.
- Christmas at Stewart Farm – the historic site often has an open house on a Saturday in early December with Christmas decorations, festive music, Santa Claus, craft activities for kids and refreshments. There are usually crafts and treats on other weekends leading up to Christmas Day in December too.
Tips and Advice
Below are some suggestions to help you make the most out of your trip to Stewart Farm.
TIP #2: Take your bikes or walking shoes – leisurely trails from Stewart Farm go through Elgin Heritage Park all the way to Crescent Beach.
TIP #3: If you like historic places like Stewart Farm, then other attractions you might enjoy include the Roedde House Museum in Vancouver, London Heritage Farm in Richmond, Mackin House in Coquitlam and Kilby Farm in the Fraser Valley.
Click City of Surrey for more information on Stewart Farm.
Click Elgin Heritage Park for further details about the park.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Best Places for Children
- Vancouver Educational Places
- Vancouver on a Budget
- Metro Vancouver’s Top 100 Places