TEDxStanleyPark is a local TED conference-like event that took place on May 28, 2016, at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre at 650 Hamilton Street in Vancouver.
With the theme of Ideas to Action, the event featured over a dozen motivational and inspirational speakers as well as four TED Talk videos.
In 2018 TEDxStanley Park takes place on March 3.
Tickets for unreserved seating at TEDxStanleyPark in 2018 cost between $77 (for Balcony tickets) and $127 (for VIP tickets).
Click TEDxStanley Park 2018 for details.
TEDxStanleyPark 2016 was a daylong event on May 28 at the Queen Elizabeth Theatre that was attended by over 2000 people. It featured over a dozen high-profile speakers on topics as diverse as finances and child education, love, marriage and sex, and slavery in the present world. Speakers included business coaches, a former professional hockey player and drug smuggler, the host of the CKNW Sunday Night Sex Show, a former Moderator of the United Church of Canada, and the founder of Vancouver Business Network (Canada’s largest small business Meetup group), among others.
TEDxStanleyPark 2016 was a full-day event, with presentations running from 10 am to 6 pm.
Ideas to Action was the theme for 2016 and it was reflected in all the presenters’ talks. On the day of the event, May 28, 2016, the day’s program featured 15 high-impact talks, some TED Talk Videos, refreshment breaks and a lunch break. Each of the live speaker presentations lasted between 8 and 18 minutes and was designed to inspire the mind, stimulate feelings, encourage learning, stimulate conversations and trigger actions leading to positive change.
The event was impactful, insightful and potentially life changing.
Some of the exceptional speakers for 2016 included the following:
- Karn Manhas – the youngest MLA ever elected in BC’s history, CEO of a company that produces bio/organic substitutes for chemical pesticides and a man named one of Business in Vancouver’s Top 40 Under 40 individuals in 2012.
- Gary Paterson – the former Moderator of the United Church and the first openly gay individual to lead a major world religious organization.
- Maureen McGrath – the host of the CKNW Sunday Night Sex Radio Show.
- Ryan Phillips – a former professional ice hockey player and drug smuggler.
- Jessica Pautsch – a technology expert, social venture strategist and co-founder of the Social Impact Tech Accelerator who’ll be speaking about the Sharing Economy.
To learn more about these and the ten other amazing speakers lined up for TEDxStanleyPark this year, see TEDx 2016 Speakers.
TEDx Stanley Park is a local, Vancouver-centric event and is now in its third year.
The vision of TEDxStanleyPark is to make the world a better place. It does this through its annual intellectual variety show of exceptional local speakers sharing innovative and optimistic ideas that address humanity’s tough challenges with a community of open and curious minds searching for ways to make a difference.