CBC Musical Nooners are free outdoor concerts in July and August featuring local live music talent on weekdays at noon in Vancouver’s CBC Plaza.
CBC Musical Nooners
CBC Musical Nooners run on weekdays, Monday to Friday, from 12 to 1 pm. The concerts usually start up for the season around the second week in July and continue until about the third week in August.
In 2018 the series of concerts runs from Tuesday, July 10th, until Friday, August 17th (which is about 2 weeks less than last year).
Concert Times & Location
The CBC Nooners live music entertainment takes place in the CBC Plaza at 700 Hamilton Street which is between Georgia Street and Robson in downtown Vancouver.
Close by are Queen Elizabeth Theatre, the Vancouver Public Library and BC Place Stadium. Trendy Robson Street, Robson Square, the Vancouver Art Gallery and the Pacific Centre shopping centre also aren’t too far away.
See below for the 2018 season schedule.
Free lunch time concerts for 2018 include the following (although details are subject to change):
Tuesday, July 10, 2018
- Mob Bounce: a Hip-Hop and Rap duo
Wednesday, July 11, 2018
- Son de Madera: a Mexican Folk band
Thursday, July 12, 2018
- Jimmy “Duck” Holmes: a Blues musician
Friday, July 13, 2018
- Little Miss Higgins: a singer guitar player originating from Alberta. (Note: she is also playing at the Vancouver Folk Music Festival in mid-July.)
Monday, July 16, 2018
- Winsome Kind: a Canadian wife and husband duo
Tuesday, July 17, 2018
- Jack Garton & the Demon Squadron: a Folk, Blues and Roots band
Wednesday, July 18, 2018
- Haley Blais: a young Vancouver-based Folk singer
Thursday, July 19, 2018
- Dawn Pemberton: Winner of the 2015 Western Canadian Music Award for Urban Recording of The Year!
Friday, July 20, 2018
- Rumba Calzada: a Salsa, Jazz and Afro-Cuban band
Monday, July 23, 2018
- Adam Robert Thomas: a JUNO-nominated musician from Vancouver
Tuesday, July 24, 2018
- Portraits of Us: a acoustic guitar-playing husband and wife duo from the Fraser Valley
Wednesday, July 25, 2018
- Fallbrigade: a 5-member Rock and Folk group
Thursday, July 26, 2018
- The Long War – the 2017 Searchlight Winner plays Indie Rock
Friday, July 27, 2018
- Jen Hodge All Stars: a Vancouver-based Jazz group
Monday, July 30, 2018
- Old Soul Rebel: a Rock and Soul band
Tuesday, July 31, 2018
- Sinclair & Bennett: the Blues, Gypsy Jazz and Pop duo of David Sinclair and Keith Bennett
Wednesday, August 1, 2018
- Will Stroet from CBC Kids: Concert from noon until 1 pm
Thursday, August 2, 2018
- Lonesome Town Painters: a Vancouver-based Folk and Bluegrass group
Friday, August 3, 2018
- Tanga: an Afro-Latin World-Fusion band
Monday, August 6, 2018
- No concert due to the BC Day Holiday
Tuesday, August 7, 2018
- Petunia and the Vipers: an Indie, Folk and Country group
Wednesday, August 8, 2018
- David Ward: a Blues, Soul and Funk musician
Thursday, August 9, 2018
- Roy Forbes: an acoustic guitar-playing Folk musician
Friday, August 10, 2018
- Schwey: a 5-member Rhythmn & Blues and Soul Vancouver band
Monday, August 13, 2018
- Desiree Dawson: a Singer-Songwriter playing Indie Soul
Tuesday, August 14, 2018
- Caleb Hart: a Reggae, Socca and Soul singer
Wednesday, August 15, 2018
- Sister Speak: an Alternative, World and Blues group
Thursday, August 16, 2018
- Wooden Horseman: Latin and Folk music with both Latin America and African influences.
Friday, August 17, 2018
- Coco Jafro: a popular Vancouver-based Funk, World Fusion, R&B, Soul, Jazz and Afro-Beats band
About CBC Nooners
CBC Vancouver has been hosting the free CBC Musical Nooners concerts annually on weekdays in the summer since the Olympics in 2010.
The CBC Musical Nooners is a popular event that attracts up to a couple of hundred people on sunny days. The audience typically comprises downtown office workers on their lunch breaks as well as tourists and supporters of the bands.
Although participating bands are generally local and not hugely famous, the quality of the performances is high and many of the bands are exceptional. If you’re in the area around lunch time on a nice day, check it out! You won’t be disappointed.
For more information about the CBC Musical Nooners concert series, click here.
TIP: Combine your trip to the CBC Plaza for a live music concert with a visit to other downtown attractions. The above listed places are all interesting. Yaletown is also fairly close, as is Gastown. And on Thursdays, the Downtown Farmers Market takes place in the Queen Elizabeth Plaza just across the street.
For a list of other free concerts in Metro Vancouver, click Free Outdoor Concerts.