The Hastings Park Farmers Market takes place weekly on Sundays from November until the end of April at Hastings Skatepark by the PNE in Vancouver.
CORONAVIRUS IMPACT ON THE MARKET
The good news is that the Hastings Park Farmers Market is considered an “essential service” by the government and so remains open, at least for now (as of the first weekend in April). The bad news is that small businesses everywhere are struggling as a result of the COVID-19 outbreak, so now is a great time to support local farmers markets!
In response to the coronavirus pandemic and government orders for people to maintain their distance, the Hastings Park Farmers Market has implemented a number of precautionary measures. Here are some of the new rules:
- Only food-related and other “essential service” products are for sale.
- Shoppers must maintain 6 feet of distance between one another.
- Only one person per household is permitted (to limit crowds and the time everyone else has to wait in line to get in).
- Vendor stalls are more spaced out than usual.
- Shoppers are asked to focus on shopping and getting in and out as fast as possible (so not taking their time, browsing and chatting).
- Food sampling is not permitted.
- Only credit card and debit card payments are accepted (so no cash purchases).
- People experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 are asked to stay at home.
- Everyone is being reminded to keep their distance, avoid touching their faces, and to wash their hands and produce purchases.
The status of the market may change at any time. To learn more about what the market is doing to keep shoppers safe, and to see if it’s still open and operating under regular hours, visit the Vancouver Farmers Market website.
To learn how the coronavirus is affecting other places of interest in the Lower Mainland, see our article about COVID-19 & Vancouver Event Cancellations.
Vancouver’s Winter Market
Featuring dozens of vendors selling everything from fresh produce to homemade preserves to handmade arts and crafts, the Hastings Park Farmers Market runs from 10 am to 2 pm.
The schedule for the 2019-2020 season is every Sunday from November 3, 2019, to April 26, 2020 (excluding December 29).
Market Location and Amenities
The Hastings Park Farmers Market is located on the west side of the PNE grounds by Renfrew Street and Pandora Street. The market takes place between the Agrodome and the Forum. Close by you’ll find the PNE’s Italian garden, a playground for the kids and the skateboard park.
In the spring of 2020 the Hastings Park Farmers Market runs on Sundays from 10 am to 2 pm until April 26th. It then starts up again in the fall in early November and continues for another season until April of 2021.
TIP: Parking is free at the PNE, even if the sign says there’s a price – just say you’re going to the market and they’ll waive the charge if there is one because of an event that day.
The Hastings Park Farmers Market is a fair-sized market, although not usually as large as the Riley Park/Nat Bailey Winter Farmers Market on Saturdays. Both however are worth checking out.
For more information, see the official Hastings Park Farmers Market website.