Tops places to eat and drink in Burnaby include restaurants near Metrotown and around town, as well as at Hart House by Deer Lake.
Horizons on Burnaby Mountain used to be another popular place, but it closed permanently in early 2020.
Top Places to Eat and Drink
Burnaby has some great restaurants, bars and pubs. Below are recommendations on where to eat depending on where you are in Burnaby and what you are visiting.
TIP: For a list of restaurants with 2-for-1 coupons in Burnaby, as well as other locations within Metro Vancouver, click Entertainment Book Restaurant Coupons.
Restaurants Near Metrotown
If you are near Burnaby’s giant Metrotown shopping mall and looking for a place to eat and want more than just food court cuisine, check out the following great restaurants:
- Cactus Club Cafe – at 4653 Kingsway is a popular higher-end yet still casual Lower Mainland favourite.
- Hanwoori Korean Restaurant – at 5740 Imperial Street is a great place for inexpensive Korean BBQ.
- Ramie’s Greek Restaurant – a popular place a few blocks down the street from Metrotown at 4287 Kingsway.
- The Keg – a great steakhouse at 4653 Kingsway.
Dining Near Deer Lake & Burnaby Village
Dear Lake is a popular park in Burnaby. If in the area, check out Hart House at 6664 Deer Lake Avenue. It’s a nice restaurant across the street from the Burnaby Village Museum. Hart House features Pacific Northwest cuisine and is located in an original early 20th century manor. Expect dinner entrees to cost $30 to $40, excluding drinks.
Other Burnaby Restaurants
- Chad Thai – at 4010 E Hastings Street is a popular, affordable and highly rated Thai restaurant.
- The Pear Tree – a popular French restaurant with consistently good reviews at 4120 E Hastings Street.
- The Keg – Vancouver’s most famous steakhouse chain, with a location at 94219 B Lougheed Highway near Brentwood Town Centre mall.
- Anton’s Pasta Bar – an Italian restaurant at 4260 E Hastings Street that’s known for its large portions and relatively cheap prices.
Great Restaurants in Other Parts of Metro Vancouver
For the best places to eat and drink in other parts of the Lower Mainland, check out the following:
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- SURREY‘s Best Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER‘s Best Restaurants