Christmas craft fairs and winter holiday artisan markets take place in November and December at various venues in Metro Vancouver.
The fairs offer wonderful Christmas shopping opportunities, provide inspiration and creative ideas for crafty people, and support local craft entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations.
Vancouver Christmas Fairs
Below is a list of some of the best and most popular Christmas craft fairs and markets in the Lower Mainland.
Note: Craft fair details may change so check event websites for exact information.
Click on any of the following cities for details about Christmas craft fairs in specific parts of the Lower Mainland, or scroll down for information about them all.
Abbotsford Craft Show
November 17 to 19, 2017 (Friday to Sunday) – the WEST COAST CHRISTMAS CRAFT SHOW takes place at TRADEX at 1190 Cornell Street in Abbotsford.
The trade show-style event features an artisan gallery, kids’ activities, cooking demonstrations, a model train, numerous trade show vendors and all kids of Christmas-y things to see and buy. The show runs from 2 to 9 pm on the Friday, 10 am to 6 pm on the Saturday, and 10 am to 5 pm on the Sunday.
Admission is $8 for adults, $7 for seniors and free for children age 16 and under.
Burnaby Craft Fairs
- November 18 & 19, 2017 (Saturday and Sunday) – the JAPANESE CRAFT & BAKE FAIR takes place at the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre at 6688 Southoaks Crescent both days from 11:00 am until 5:00 pm. The event features over 6 dozen vendors not including a small number of food stalls outside. Admission is $2.
- November 24 to 26, 2017 (Friday to Sunday) – the DEER LAKE CRAFT FAIR takes place at the Shadbolt Centre at 6450 Deer Lake Avenue in Deer Lake Park. The event is sponsored by the Burnaby Arts Council and showcases the work of local artists, craftspeople and artisans including potters, wood artists, clothing designers, glass work artisans and jewelry makers. Admission to the fair and parking are both FREE and the event runs from 11 am to 7 pm on the Friday and from 10 am to 5 pm on both weekend days.
Chilliwack Craft Market
- November 17 to 19, 2017 (Friday to Sunday) – the CHILLIWACK CHRISTMAS CRAFT MARKET features over 175 artisans at Chilliwack Heritage Park at 44140 Luckakuck Way. The impressive event runs from noon until 8 pm on the Friday, 10 am to 6 pm on the Saturday, and 10 am to 4 pm on the Sunday. Admission is $4 and children 10 and under are free.
- November 26, 2017 (Sunday) – A COUNTRY CHRISTMAS is an artisan craft fair organized by the West Coast Artisan Collective. The event takes place at the Tzeachten Hall at 45855 Promontory Road and features around 70 or so BC-based artisans. Admission is by donation of money (minimum $2) or diapers, formula or other baby items benefiting 93.7 JRfm’s Basics for Babies.
- December 8 to 10, 2017 (Friday to Sunday) – the ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS GIFTS EXPO is a massive Christmas market with over 175 vendors at Chilliwack Heritage Park. Admission is $3 and hours of operation are from 4 to 9 pm on the Friday and from 10 am until 4 pm on the Saturday and Sunday.
Coquitlam Craft Fairs
- December 1 to 3, 2017 (Friday to Sunday) – the COQUITLAM CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR celebrates its 37th season this year and takes place at 618 Poirier Street at the Poirier Forum. At the event over 100 vendors sell handmade creations including ceramics, clothing, glasswork, woodwork, jewellery, healthcare products, housewares, food items and more. Admission is $3 for adults and $2 for seniors while children 12 and under are free. The event is open on the Friday from 5 to 9 pm and on both the Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm.
Fort Langley Craft Fair
- November 19, 2017 – the Fort Langley Christmas Market celebrates its 5th year at the Fort Langley Community Hall at 9167 Glover Road from 10 am to 5 pm. The indoor market features over 30 vendors and admission is by donation (minimum of $2 per person).
Maple Ridge Craft Fair
- November 18, 2017 – the Funky Finds Holiday Market is a 1-day artisan fair at the Albion Fairgrounds at 23448 105th Avenue in Maple Ridge from 10 am to 4 pm. The market features around four dozen vendors and the cost is $3 for adults, $1 for seniors and free for children ages 10 and under. The event takes place in two separate but side-by-side buildings and around 1500 or so people attend.
- November 25-26, 2017 – celebrating their 25th year, The Happening Arts & Crafts Fair takes place at Thomas Haney Secondary School at 23000 116th Avenue from 10 until 4 pm on the Saturday and from 10 until 3 pm on the Sunday. It features more than 100 vendors, costs $3 for folk over 11 years of age, and raises money for student scholarships, bursaries and charitable work.
- December 2 & 3, 2017 (Saturday & Sunday) – the Thornhill Artisan Fair features close to a dozen artists at the von Hardenberg Candles Studio at 9730 Spilsbury Road in Maple Ridge from 10 am until 4 pm. Free admission.
New Westminster Craft Fair
- December 2, 2017 (Saturday) – the NEW WEST CRAFT CHRISTMAS NIGHT MARKET features over 50 artisan vendors, beer, wine and live music at the River Market at 810 Quayside Drive between 6:00 and 9:30 pm. Free admission.
North Vancouver Craft Fairs
- November 18 & 19 and December 2 & 3, 2017 (Saturdays & Sundays) – celebrating its fourth year, the NV HOLIDAY BAZAAR at Carson Graham Secondary School is a large market that takes place at 2145 Jones Avenue. It’s open from 10 am until 4 pm each day and admission is just $3 (although the first 100 people each day get in for free).
- November 25, 2017 (Saturday) – the SILVER HARBOUR CHRISTMAS MARKET features handmade arts and crafts, baked goods and “vintage attic treasures” at the Silver Harbour Centre at 144 East 22nd Street (which is just behind the Harry Jerome Rec Centre on Lonsdale Avenue). All artisan products have been made on site, over 1000 shoppers visit each year, and there are also books and vintage items for sale. Admission is free and the market runs from 10 am until 3 pm.
- December 2, 2017 (Saturday) – the SHIPYARDS CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL is a community event from 4 to 7 pm that includes live entertainment as well as an artisan market in the Pipe Shop at Shipbuilders’ Square in North Vancouver.
- December 9 & 10, 2017 (Saturday & Sunday) – FALL FOR LOCAL HOLIDAY MARKET takes place indoors at the Pipe Shop in Shipbuilders’ Square at 115 Victory Ship Way. The market features around 80 vendors and admission costs $3 online and $5 at the door.
- December 16 & 17, 2017 (Saturday & Sunday) – the SHIPYARDS CHRISTMAS MARKET features over 4 dozen vendors in the Pipe Shop at Shipbuilders’ Square between 10:00 am and 5:00 pm. Admission both days is free.
Richmond Craft Fairs
- November 25, 2017 (Saturday) – the STEVESTON VILLAGE CRAFT FAIR takes place at 4111 Moncton Street at the Steveston Community Centre in Steveston Village. It usually runs from 10 am to 4 pm, includes over 150 vendors, and features only local and Canadian handmade items. Admission is by donation of cash or non-perishable food items.
- December 2, 2017 (Saturday) – the first annual BRITANNIA SHIPYARDS CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR is at the Seine Net Loft at 5180 Westwater Drive in Steveston Village from 11:30 am until 4:30 pm. Admission is free and 30+ vendors are expected.
Surrey Craft Fair
- November 18, 2017 (Saturday) – the ALEXANDRA NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSE CRAFT FAIR runs from 9 am to 3 pm at 2916 McBride Avenue in Surrey’s Crescent Beach. Free admission.
- December 1 & 2, 2017 (Friday & Saturday) – the SEMIAHMOO HOLIDAY MARKET is a small craft fair with about two dozen artist vendors on December 1st from 1 to 7 pm and on December 2nd from 10 am until 5 pm. It takes place at the South Surrey Rec Centre at 14601 – 20th Avenue and admission is free. A special performance by the Soul of the World Community Choir takes place at 4 pm on the Friday.
Vancouver Craft Fairs
- November 8 to 12, 2017 (Wednesday to Sunday) – the CIRCLE CRAFT MARKET takes place at the Vancouver Convention Centre West at 1055 Canada Place and is one of the Lower Mainland’s largest and most impressive craft shows. Featuring more than 300 vendors, the event costs about $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and youth (ages 13-18), and free for children under 13 years of age. This is an impressive high-end market and includes works by professional artists and local artisans.
- November 16 to 19, 2017 (Thursday to Sunday) – CHRISTMAS AT HYCROFT is held at the beautiful Hycroft Clubhouse at 1489 McRae Avenue in Shaughnessy. It’s open between 11 am and 9 pm daily, except for the Sunday when it closes three hours earlier. Admission is $15, but free for children under age 14. This is a high-end Christmas season market event in a stunning venue.
- November 17 to 19, 2017 (Friday to Sunday) – the BRITANNIA CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR takes place in the gym at the Britannia Community Services Centre at 1661 Napier Street on the Friday from 3 to 8 pm and on both the Saturday and Sunday from 10 am until 5 pm. Admission is $2 for folk ages 12 and older with all proceeds benefiting inner-city children’s programs.
- November 18, 2017 (Saturday) – UKRAINIAN CATHEDRAL CRAFT FAIR – a free craft market at the Ukrainian Orthodox Cathedral at 154 East 10th Street from 10 am until 3 pm. It’s a small and fairly typical “church craft fair event” with about two dozen vendors. Food is also available including a perogy lunch for $7, borsch and rye bread for $4.50 and frozen perogies for $6 per dozen.
- November 22 to December 24, 2017 – VANCOUVER CHRISTMAS MARKET – the city’s most famous and longest running holiday market has a German theme and is located at Jack Poole Plaza beside the Vancouver Convention Centre. It features live entertainment, a carousel and dozens of vendors selling both locally-made and European products. The market is open daily from 11 am until 9 pm and admission costs between $5 and $10 depending on your age.
- November 24, 2017 (Friday) – ITALIAN CHRISTMAS MARKET – an outdoor Christmas market at the Italian Cultural Centre at 3075 Slocan Street between 5 and 9 pm. The event includes crafts and artisan products, but also lots of Italian foods and other items. Free admission.
- November 25, 2017 (Saturday) – the DUNBAR HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR celebrates its 35th year and runs from 10 am until 5 pm at the Dunbar Community Centre at 4747 Dunbar Street. The fair features over 140 vendors in multiple rooms and attracts over 2000 shoppers each year. Admission is about $5 at the door.
- November 25 & 26, 2017 (Saturday and Sunday) – the WEST END HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR features over 50 vendors and runs from 10 am until 4 pm at the West End Community Centre at 870 Denman Street. Admission is free.
- November 26, 2017 (Sunday) – BLING is a Wearable Glass Art event put on by Pacific Pyros which is a group of local and Canadian glass bead makers. The show takes place from 11 am until 5 pm at Heritage Hall at 3102 Main Street This is the event’s 3rd year and it showcases the work of around 20 artists. Free admission.
- December 1 to 3, 2017 (Friday-Sunday) – the TOQUE CRAFT FAIR a small annual craft and fundraising event for the Western Front, an artist-run centre for contemporary art and music located at 303 East 8th Avenue near Kingsway and Main Street. Admission is by donation, there are about 20 vendors and the event runs from 6 to 10 pm on the Friday, 11 am to 5 pm on the Saturday and Sunday.
- December 2, 2017 (Saturday) – the KITSILANO WINTER MARKET takes place at the Kitsilano Neighbourhood House at 2305 West 7th Avenue from 10 to 4 pm. Admission is by a $3 donation or $5 per family. It’s a small to medium-sized craft fair and includes locally-made artisan products, food, live entertainment, a small farmers market and child care.
- December 3, 2017 (Saturday) – the HOLIDAY ARTS & CRAFTS MARKET is a small craft fair with over 20 vendors at Kiwassa Neighbourhood House at 2425 Oxford Street from 10 am until 4:30 pm. Admission is $3 per person or $5 per family.
- December 7 to 10, 2017 (Thursday to Sunday) – the MAKE IT CRAFT SHOW features around 250 vendors and takes place at 2901 East Hastings Street at the PNE. Admission is $8 at the door and children 12 and under are free. The event runs from 11 am to 9 pm on the Thursday and Friday, from 10 am to 6 pm on the Saturday and from 11 am to 5 pm on the Sunday.
- December 9 & 10, 2017 (Saturday & Sunday) – The GOT CRAFT Christmas market takes place this year at the Maritime Labour Centre at 1880 Triumph Street in Vancouver from 10 am until 5 pm both days. Admission is $5 at the door or about $3 online.
West Vancouver Craft Fairs
- November 4 & 5, 2017 (Saturday, & Sunday) – the CRAFT MARKET takes place at 2121 Marine Drive at the West Vancouver Community Centre on the North Shore between 10 am and 4 pm on both days. (Note: The venue is at the same place as the West Vancouver Aquatic Centre which is one of the Lower Mainland’s best places to take children for a swim. The location is also a short walk from the waterfront and seawall connecting Ambleside with Dundarave, so a great place for a post-Christmas-shopping stroll.)
- December 2, 2017 (Saturday) – the GLENEAGLES HOLIDAY ARTISAN FESTIVAL features over 30 vendors at the Gleneagles Community Centre at 6262 Marine Drive in West Vancouver between 10 am and 3 pm.
As well as Christmas craft markets, other great markets also take place throughout Metro Vancouver this time of year including winter farmers markets and the city’s annual European-themed Vancouver Christmas Market and one-day Candytown event in Yaletown.
Winter Farmers Markets
Lower Mainland winter farmers markets include Saturday markets at Nat Bailey Stadium in Vancouver and the Royal City Farmers Market in New Westminster. Sunday winter farmers markets include ones in Port Moody and Hastings Park at the PNE grounds in Vancouver, as well as the Cannery Farmers Market in Steveston Village every second week.
See Lower Mainland Winter Markets for more information.
Vancouver Christmas Market
If you like Christmas and markets, then, in addition to the above craft markets, you might also really enjoy the Vancouver Christmas Market which runs from late November until December 24th. It doesn’t feature homemade crafts, but it is a market and does offer lots of Christmas-y things to see and buy.
Click Vancouver Christmas Market for more details.
Candytown is a one-day Christmas street market event that takes place in Yaletown at around 1152 Mainland Street between 12 and 7 pm on Saturday, November 25th, 2017.
Other Holiday Season Information
Many neighbourhood churches and schools also host great craft fairs (as well as entertaining Christmas concerts). Shopping at them is an excellent way to Christmas shop, get crafty ideas and support and connect with your local community. In addition to checking out the above major markets, keep your eyes out for advertisements for smaller events in your local area.
For a list of places to see holiday lights and enjoy other Christmas activities in the Lower Mainland, see Top Things to do at Christmas. And for other activities over the holiday season, check out the December Calendar.