The fairs offer wonderful Christmas shopping opportunities, provide inspiration and creative ideas for people, and support local craft entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations.
Vancouver Christmas Fairs
Below is a list of some of the best and most popular Christmas craft fairs and markets in the Lower Mainland.
Note: Craft fair details may change so check event websites for exact information.
Click on the following cities for details about Christmas craft fairs in specific parts of the Lower Mainland, or scroll down for information about them all.
Abbotsford Craft Show
- November 29 & 30, 2019 (Friday & Saturday) – KICKOFF TO CHRISTMAS MAKERS MARKET takes place in the Ag Rec Building at 32470 Haida Drive in Abbotsford. The market is open on the Friday from 5 to 9 pm and on the Saturday from 10 am to 4 pm (with Santa Claus in attendance for breakfast sittings at 9:30 and 10:30 am). Admission ranges from between $3 and $4 for general admission and up to $30 for breakfast and photos with Santa for the family. In lieu of the $4 cash payment at the door, attendees can instead bring a toy or non-perishable food item that will be donated to charity. Also, all proceeds from general admission and the breakfast with Santa benefit the Abbotsford Christmas Bureau (which is another reason why we love this event)!
- November 15 to 17, 2019 (Friday to Sunday) – the WEST COAST CHRISTMAS CRAFT SHOW takes place at TRADEX at 1190 Cornell Street in Abbotsford. The trade show-style event features an artisan gallery, ugly sweater contest, kids’ activities, cooking demonstrations, a model train, numerous trade show vendors and all kinds of Christmas-y things to see and buy. The show runs from 1 to 9 pm on the Friday, 9 am to 5 pm on the Saturday, and 11 am to 5 pm on the Sunday. Admission is $10 for adults, $9 for seniors and free for children age 16 and under.
Burnaby Craft Fairs
- November 16 & 17, 2019 (Saturday and Sunday) – the JAPANESE CRAFT & BAKE FAIR takes place at the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre at 6688 Southoaks Crescent both days from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. The event features over 6 dozen vendors not including a small number of food stalls outside. Admission is $3 (for 12 and up) or free for NNMCC members.
- November 16 & 17, 2019 (Saturday and Sunday) – SWEDISH CHRISTMAS FAIR – 30 or so vendors offered a selection of traditional Swedish goods and food items (including Swedish glögg) at the Scandinavian Community Centre at 6540 Thomas Street from 11 am to 4 pm. There is also live music and craft activities for children. Admission is free, as is the parking. Around 1800 people typically attend over the two days.
- November 22 to 24, 2019 (Friday to Sunday) – the DEER LAKE CRAFT FAIR takes place at the Shadbolt Centre at 6450 Deer Lake Avenue in Deer Lake Park. The event is sponsored by the Burnaby Arts Council and showcases the work of local artists, craftspeople and artisans including potters, wood artists, clothing designers, glass work artisans and jewelry makers. Live entertainment and a variety of food options are also available. There is also a Santa’s workshop where kids can find activities such as face painting and cookie decorating. Admission to the fair and parking are both FREE and the event runs from 11 am to 7 pm on the Friday and from 10 am to 4 pm on both weekend days. 3500 people attend on average each year.
Chilliwack Craft Market
- November 15 to 17, 2019 (Friday to Sunday) – the CHILLIWACK CHRISTMAS CRAFT MARKET features over 175 artisans at Chilliwack Heritage Park at 44140 Luckakuck Way. The impressive event runs from noon until 8 pm on the Friday, 10 am to 6 pm on the Saturday, and 10 am to 4 pm on the Sunday. Admission is $5 and children 10 and under are free. Parking is by donation.
- December 14 & 15, 2019 (Saturday & Sunday) – A COUNTRY CHRISTMAS is an artisan craft fair organized by the West Coast Artisan Collective. The event takes place in 2019 at the Tzeachten Hall at 45855 Promontory Road from 10 am to 4 pm and features around 70 or so BC-based artisans. Admission is by donation of money (minimum $2) which is donated to the Chilliwack Christmas Bureau.
- December 6 to 8, 2019 (Friday to Sunday) – the ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS GIFTS EXPO is a massive Christmas market with over 175 vendors at Chilliwack Heritage Park. Admission is $4, with children 10 and under free. Hours of operation are from 4 to 9 pm on the Friday, 10 am until 6 pm on the Saturday, and 10 am until 4 pm on Sunday.
Coquitlam Craft Fairs
- November 15, 2019 (Friday) – the festive opening reception for the CHRISTMAS BOUTIQUE & POSITIVELY PETITIE MINIATURE EXHIBITION takes place at Coquitlam’s Place des Arts at 1120 Brunette Avenue from 7 until 9 pm. The FREE event includes displays of fine art, refreshments, artisan products for sale and live music. There is also a cash bar. (Note: The Christmas Boutique runs until December 21st and features finely handcrafted ornaments, decorations and gifts for sale. This year there are three new exhibitions: Positively Petite 30th Annual Miniature Exhibition, Reflections and Staycation.)
- December 6 to 8, 2019 (Friday to Sunday) – the COQUITLAM CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR celebrates its 39th season in 2019 and takes place at 618 Poirier Street at the Poirier Forum. At this event over 100 vendors sell handmade creations including ceramics, clothing, glasswork, woodwork, jewellery, healthcare products, housewares, food items and more. Admission is $4 for adults and $2 for seniors while children 12 and under are free. The event is open on the Friday from 4 to 9 pm, 10 am to 6pm on Saturday and on Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm.
Another craft fair that took place last year and will likely do so again in 2019 is the following:
- November 18, 2018 (Sunday) – the OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS BAZAAR took place last year at the Glen Pine Pavilion at 1200 Glen Pine Court between 10 am and 2 pm. Products for sale were handmade by the Glen Pine Crafters, quilters and other local crafty people. Admission was free. (2019 details to be confirmed.)
Fort Langley Craft Fair
- November 17, 2019 (Sunday) – the FORT LANGLEY CHRISTMAS MARKET celebrates its 7th year at the Fort Langley Community Hall at 9167 Glover Road from 10 am to 5 pm. The indoor market features over 30 vendors and admission is by donation (minimum of $2 per person).
- December 13 to 15, 2019 (Friday to Sunday) – the CHRISTMAS IN THE VILLAGE event is a 3-day artisan fair with traditional Christmas food, gifts, music and a kids zone that takes place indoors at the Fort Langley Community Hall at 9167 Glover Road between 10 am and 6 pm each day. Admission is usually by donation.
New Westminster Craft Fair
- December 7 & 21, 2019 (Saturdays) – the NEW WEST CRAFT MARKET typically features over 50 artisan vendors and live music at the River Market at 810 Quayside Drive. Free admission. (2019 details to be confirmed.)
North Vancouver Craft Fairs
- November 3, 2019 (Sunday) – the STA CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR attracts as many as 1000 shoppers and 100 vendors to their annual fundraising event at Saint Thomas Aquinas Secondary School at 541 West Keith Road. Items for sale include everything from handmade clothing to home decor, gourmet food, jewellery, children’s items and more. Admission is $3 and the fair runs from 10 am and 4 pm.
- November 16 & 17, 2019 (Saturday & Sunday) – FALL FOR LOCAL HOLIDAY MARKET takes place indoors at the Pipe Shop in Shipbuilders’ Square at 115 Victory Ship Way from 11 am to 5 pm. The market featured around 80 vendors and admission cost $3 online and $5 at the door. Kids under 13 were free.
- November 23, 2019 (Saturday) – the FAIR TRADE CHRISTMAS MARKET is a smaller market at St. Andrew’s United Church at 1044 St. George’s Avenue. It features socially and environmentally-responsible products made by artisans from the developing world and brought to Canada by Ten Thousand Villages. In 2019 the market runs from 10 am until 4 pm.
- November 24, 2019 (Sunday) – the Etsy Holiday Pop Up Market includes craft vendors set up in North Vancouver’s Shipyards at the Pipe Shop at 115 Victory Ship Way. Admission for the public costs $3 in advance or $5 on the day at the door.
- November 30 & December 1, 2019 (Saturday & Sunday) – the SHIPYARDS CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL is a community event that includes live entertainment as well as an artisan market in the Pipe Shop at Shipbuilders’ Square in North Vancouver. In 2018 the festival took place on the Saturday, but the market continued on the Sunday too. This is expected to remain the same in 2019 as well. The market typically features over 4 dozen vendors in the Pipe Shop at Shipbuilders’ Square between 3 and 9 pm on Saturday and 10 am to 5 pm on Sunday. Admission both days was free in 2018 and we expect this to be the same in 2019.
- December 7, 8, 14 & 15, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday) – the SHIPYARDS CHRISTMAS MARKET typically features over 4 dozen vendors in the Pipe Shop at Shipbuilders’ Square between 10 am and 6 pm on Saturdays and 10 am to 5 pm on Sundays (closed on weekdays). Admission both days is typically free.
Another craft fair that takes place in North Vancouver most years and will likely happen again in 2019 is listed below. The information is from last year but 2019 details will be similar.
- November 24, 2018 (Saturday) – the SILVER HARBOUR CHRISTMAS MARKET features handmade arts and crafts, baked goods and “vintage attic treasures” at the Silver Harbour Centre at 144 East 22nd Street (which is just behind the Harry Jerome Rec Centre on Lonsdale Avenue). All artisan products have been made on site, over 1000 shoppers visit each year, and there are also books and vintage items for sale. Admission is usually free and the market runs from around 10 am until 3 pm. (2019 details to be confirmed.)
Richmond Craft Fairs
- November 23, 2019 (Saturday) – the STEVESTON VILLAGE CRAFT FAIR takes place at 4111 Moncton Street at the Steveston Community Centre in Steveston Village. It usually runs from 10 am to 4 pm, includes over 150 vendors, and features only local and Canadian handmade items. Admission is by donation of cash or non-perishable food items.
- December 7, 2019 (Saturday) – the annual HERITAGE CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR is at Britannia at the Seine Net Loft, the Chinese Bunkhouse and the Murakami Boatworks at 5180 Westwater Drive in Steveston Village from around 11 am until 4 pm. Admission is typically free.
Squamish Winter Market
- November 15 & 16, 2019 (Friday & Saturday) – the REFRESH WINTER MARKET is a giant market which features locally-made and curated goods. It takes place at the West Coast Railway Heritage Park at 39645 Government Road in Squamish. Admission last year was $3 online or $5 at the door and we expect that to be around the same in 2019. It is usually open from 4 to 9 pm on the Friday and from 10 am to 5 pm on the Saturday. As many as 3000 people attend the event each year.
Surrey Craft Fairs
- November 16, 2019 (Saturday) – the ALEXANDRA NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSE CRAFT FAIR runs from 9 am to 3 pm at 2916 McBride Avenue in Surrey’s Crescent Beach. Free admission (or at least it has been in past years). 50+ vendors typically participate. 2019 details are to be confirmed.
- November 23 & 24, 2019 (Saturday & Sunday) – the HEART TO HOME HOLIDAY MARKET is a small craft fair at the Surrey Arts Centre (at Bear Creek Park) that features the work of 20+ local artists and artisans. Admission is free and doors are open from noon until 5:00 pm.
- December 13 & 14, 2019 (Friday & Saturday) – the SEMIAHMOO HOLIDAY MARKET is a small craft fair with about two dozen artist vendors. It takes place at the South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre at 14601 – 20th Avenue and admission was free.
Another Surrey craft fair that took place last year and may do so again in 2019 is the following:
- November 23, 2018 (Friday) – last year the WINTER CRAFT FAIR featured over 40 vendors at the Laurel Place Care Home at 9866-137A Street (near the Surrey Memorial Hospital) from 11 am until 3 pm. Admission was free. 2019 details are to be confirmed.
Vancouver Craft Fairs
- November 7 to 11, 2019 (Thursday to Monday) – the CIRCLE CRAFT MARKET takes place at the Vancouver Convention Centre West at 1055 Canada Place and is one of the Lower Mainland’s largest and most impressive craft shows. It features more than 300 vendors and artisans. The event costs about $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and youth (ages 13-18), and free for children under 13 years of age. This is an impressive high-end market and included works by professional artists and local artisans.
- November 14 to 17, 2019 (Thursday to Sunday) – CHRISTMAS AT HYCROFT is held at the beautiful Hycroft Clubhouse at 1489 McRae Avenue in Shaughnessy. It is open between 11 am and 9 pm daily, except for the Sunday when it closes three hours earlier at 6 pm. Admission is $15, but free for children under age 14. This is a high-end Christmas season market event in a stunning venue.
- November 22 to 24, 2019 (Friday to Sunday) – the BRITANNIA CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR takes place in the gym at the Britannia Community Services Centre at 1661 Napier Street on the Friday from 3 to 8 pm and on both the Saturday and Sunday from 10 am until 4 pm. Admission is $2 (but free for kids under a certain age).
- November 20 to December 24, 2019 – VANCOUVER CHRISTMAS MARKET – the city’s most famous and longest running holiday market has a German theme and is located at Jack Poole Plaza beside the Vancouver Convention Centre. It’s not just a “craft market,” but it is lots of fun and features live entertainment, a carousel and dozens of vendors selling both locally-made and European products. The market is open daily from 11:30 am until 9:30 pm and admission costs around $10.
- November 29, 2019 (Friday) – ITALIAN CHRISTMAS MARKET – a Christmas market at the Italian Cultural Centre at 3075 Slocan Street. The event includes crafts and artisan products, but also lots of Italian foods and other items. Free admission.
- November 23, 2019 (Saturday) – the DUNBAR HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR runs from 10 am until 5 pm at the Dunbar Community Centre at 4747 Dunbar Street. The fair features over 140 vendors in multiple rooms and attracts over 2000 shoppers each year. Admission is about $5 or so.
- November 23 & 24, 2019 (Saturday and Sunday) – the WEST END HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR features over 50 vendors and runs from 10 am until 4 pm at the West End Community Centre at 870 Denman Street. Admission is free.
- November 30, 2019 (Saturday) – the KITSILANO WINTER MARKET takes place at the Kitsilano Neighbourhood House at 2305 West 7th Avenue from 10 to 4 pm. Admission is $2 per person over the age of 12. It is a small to medium-sized craft fair and includes locally-made artisan products, food, live entertainment, a small farmers market and child care.
- December 11 to 15, 2019 (Wednesday to Sunday) – the MAKE IT CRAFT SHOW usually features around 250 vendors and takes place at 2901 East Hastings Street at the PNE. Admission is usually around $4 plus fees online or $8 at the door and children 12 and under are free. Last year the event ran from 5 to 9 pm on the Wednesday, 11 am to 9 pm on the Thursday and Friday, from 10 am to 6 pm on the Saturday and from 11 am to 5 pm on the Sunday. 2019 details are to be confirmed.
- December 7 & 8, 2019 (Saturday & Sunday) – the GOT CRAFT Christmas market takes place this year at the Croatian Cultural Centre at 3250 Commercial Drive in Vancouver from 10 am until 5 pm both days. Admission is $5 at the door or about $3 online.
West Vancouver Craft Fairs
- November 2 & 3, 2019 (Saturday, & Sunday) – formerly called the CRAFT MARKET, the FALL ARTISAN MARKET takes place at 2121 Marine Drive at the West Vancouver Community Centre on the North Shore between 10 am and 4 pm on both days. (Note: The venue is at the same place as the West Vancouver Aquatic Centre which is one of the Lower Mainland’s best places to take children for a swim. The location is also a short walk from the waterfront and seawall connecting Ambleside with Dundarave, so a great place for a post-Christmas shopping stroll.)
- November 23 & 24, 2019 (Saturday & Sunday) – celebrating its fifth year, the NV HOLIDAY BAZAAR has moved from Carson Graham Secondary School to West Vancouver Community Centre at 2121 Marine Drive, West Vancouver. It is still open from 10 am until 4 pm each day and admission is now FREE.
- November 30, 2019 (Saturday) – the GLENEAGLES HOLIDAY ARTISAN FESTIVAL features over 30 vendors at the Gleneagles Golf Clubhouse at 6190 Marine Drive in West Vancouver between 10 am and 3 pm.
As well as Christmas craft markets, other great markets also take place throughout Metro Vancouver this time of year include winter farmers markets, the Vancouver Christmas Market and the one-day Candytown event in Yaletown (which usually takes place in late November).
Winter Farmers Markets
Lower Mainland winter farmers markets include Saturday markets at Riley Park near Nat Bailey Stadium in Vancouver and the Royal City Farmers Market in New Westminster. Sunday winter farmers markets include ones in Port Moody and Hastings Park at the PNE grounds in Vancouver, as well as the Cannery Farmers Market in Steveston Village every second week.
See Lower Mainland Winter Markets for more information.
Vancouver Christmas Market
If you like Christmas and markets, then, in addition to the above craft markets, you might also really enjoy the Vancouver Christmas Market which runs from late November until December 24th. It doesn’t feature homemade crafts, but it is a market and does offer lots of Christmas-y things to see and buy.
Click Vancouver Christmas Market for more details.
Candytown is a one-day Christmas street market event that takes place in Yaletown at around 1152 Mainland Street. In 2018 it was on Saturday, November 24th, between 12 and 7 pm. 2019 details are to be confirmed.
Other Holiday Season Information
Many neighbourhood churches and schools also host great craft fairs (as well as entertaining Christmas concerts). Shopping at them is an excellent way to Christmas shop, get crafty ideas and support and connect with your local community. In addition to checking out the above major markets, keep your eyes out for advertisements for smaller events in your local area.
For a list of places to see holiday lights and enjoy other Christmas activities in the Lower Mainland, see Top Things to do at Christmas. And for other activities over the holiday season, check out the December Calendar.