Christmas craft fairs and winter holiday artisan markets take place in November and December at various venues in Metro Vancouver.
The fairs offer wonderful Christmas shopping opportunities, provide inspiration and creative ideas for people, and support local craft entrepreneurs and non-profit organizations.
Vancouver Christmas Fairs
Below is a list of some of the best and most popular Christmas craft fairs and markets in the Lower Mainland.
Note: Craft fair details may change so check event websites for exact information.
Click on the following cities for details about Christmas craft fairs in specific parts of the Lower Mainland, or scroll down for information about them all.
Abbotsford Craft Show
- November 9 & 10, 2018 (Friday & Saturday) – KICKOFF TO KRISTMAS KRAFT FAIR takes place in the Agrifair Recreation Building at 32470 Haida Drive in Abbotsford. Doors are open in 2018 on the Friday from 5 to 9 pm and on the Saturday from 10 am to 6 pm (with Santa Claus in attendance between 11 am and 3 pm). Admission is by donation (minimum $2 or toys or non-perishable food items).
- November 16 to 18, 2018 (Friday to Sunday) – the WEST COAST CHRISTMAS CRAFT SHOW takes place at TRADEX at 1190 Cornell Street in Abbotsford. The trade show-style event features an artisan gallery, kids’ activities, cooking demonstrations, a model train, numerous trade show vendors and all kids of Christmas-y things to see and buy. The show runs from 2 to 9 pm on the Friday, 10 am to 6 pm on the Saturday, and 10 am to 5 pm on the Sunday. Admission is $10 for adults, $9 for seniors and free for children age 16 and under.
Burnaby Craft Fairs
- November 17 & 18, 2018 (Saturday and Sunday) – the JAPANESE CRAFT & BAKE FAIR takes place at the Nikkei National Museum & Cultural Centre at 6688 Southoaks Crescent both days from 10:00 am until 5:00 pm. The event features over 6 dozen vendors not including a small number of food stalls outside. Admission is $3 (for 12 and up) or free for NNMCC members.
- November 17 & 18, 2018 (Saturday and Sunday) – SWEDISH CHRISTMAS FAIR – 30 or so vendors offer a selection of traditional Swedish goods and food items (including Swedish glögg) at the Scandinavian Community Centre at 6540 Thomas Street from 11 am to 4 pm. There is also live music and craft activities for children. Admission is free, as is the parking. Around 1800 people typically attend over the two days.
- November 16 to 18, 2018 (Friday to Sunday) – the DEER LAKE CRAFT FAIR takes place at the Shadbolt Centre at 6450 Deer Lake Avenue in Deer Lake Park. The event is sponsored by the Burnaby Arts Council and showcases the work of local artists, craftspeople and artisans including potters, wood artists, clothing designers, glass work artisans and jewelry makers. Admission to the fair and parking are both FREE and the event runs from 11 am to 7 pm on the Friday and from 10 am to 4 pm on both weekend days. 3500 people attend on average each year.
Chilliwack Craft Market
- November 16 to 18, 2018 (Friday to Sunday) – the CHILLIWACK CHRISTMAS CRAFT MARKET features over 175 artisans at Chilliwack Heritage Park at 44140 Luckakuck Way. The impressive event runs from noon until 8 pm on the Friday, 10 am to 6 pm on the Saturday, and 10 am to 4 pm on the Sunday. Admission is $4 and children 10 and under are free.
- December 1 & 2, 2018 (Friday to Sunday) – A COUNTRY CHRISTMAS is an artisan craft fair organized by the West Coast Artisan Collective. The event takes place at the Tzeachten Hall at 45855 Promontory Road from 10 am to 4 pm, and features around 70 or so BC-based artisans. Admission is by donation of money (minimum $2) or diapers, formula or other baby items benefiting 93.7 JRfm’s Basics for Babies.
- December 7 to 9, 2018 (Friday to Sunday) – the ALL ABOUT CHRISTMAS GIFTS EXPO is a massive Christmas market with over 175 vendors at Chilliwack Heritage Park. Admission is $4, with children under 11 free. Hours of operation are from 4 to 9 pm on the Friday, 10 am until 6 pm on the Saturday, and 10 am until 4 pm on Sunday.
Coquitlam Craft Fairs
- November 16, 2018 (Friday) – the festive opening reception for the CHRISTMAS BOUTIQUE & POSITIVELY PETITIE MINIATURE EXHIBITION takes place at Coquitlam’s Place des Arts at 1120 Brunette Avenue from 7 until 9 pm. The FREE event includes displays of fine art, refreshments, artisan products for sale and live music. There is also a cash bar. (Note: The Christmas Boutique runs until December 22nd and features finely handcrafted ornaments, decorations and gifts for sale. The Miniature Exhibition, meanwhile, features 2 and 3-dimensional miniature artworks and continues until December 20th.)
- November 18, 2018 (Sunday) – the OLD FASHIONED CHRISTMAS BAZAAR takes place at the Glen Pine Pavilion at 1200 Glen Pine Court between 10 am and 2 pm. Products for sale are handmade by the Glen Pine Crafters, quilters and other local crafty people. Admission is free.
- November 30 – December 2, 2018 (Friday to Sunday) – the COQUITLAM CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR celebrates its 38th season this year and takes place at 618 Poirier Street at the Poirier Forum. At the event over 100 vendors sell handmade creations including ceramics, clothing, glasswork, woodwork, jewellery, healthcare products, housewares, food items and more. Admission is $3 for adults and $2 for seniors while children 12 and under are free. The event is open on the Friday from 5 to 9 pm and on both the Saturday and Sunday from 10 am to 4 pm.
Fort Langley Craft Fair
- November 18, 2018 (Sunday) – the FORT LANGLEY CHRISTMAS MARKET celebrates its 6th year at the Fort Langley Community Hall at 9167 Glover Road from 9:30 am to 5:30 pm. The indoor market features over 30 vendors and admission is by donation (minimum of $2 per person).
- December 14-16, 2018 (Friday to Sunday) – the CHRISTMAS IN THE VILLAGE event is a 3-day artisan fair with a Charles Dickens’ Christmas Carol theme that takes place indoors at the Fort Langley Community Hall at 9167 Glover Road between 10 am and 6 pm each day. Admission by donation.
Maple Ridge Craft Fair
- November 24 & 25, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday) – THE HAPPENING ARTS & CRAFTS FAIR was going to celebrate its 26th year at Thomas Haney Secondary School at 23000 116th Avenue from 10 until 4 pm on the Saturday and from 10 until 3 pm on the Sunday. The event has, however, been CANCELLED FOR 2018! In years when it does take place it features more than 100 vendors, costs $3 for folk over 11 years of age, and raises money for student scholarships, bursaries and charitable work.
- December 1 & 2, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday) – the THORNHILL ARTISAN FAIR features close to a dozen artists at the von Hardenberg Candles Studio at 9730 Spilsbury Road in Maple Ridge from 10 am until 4 pm. Free admission.
New Westminster Craft Fair
- December 1, 2018 (Saturday) – the NEW WEST WINTER NIGHT MARKET features over 50 artisan vendors, beer, wine and live music at the River Market at 810 Quayside Drive between 6:00 and 9:30 pm. Free admission.
North Vancouver Craft Fairs
- November 4, 2018 (Sunday) – the STA CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR attracts as many as 1000 shoppers and 100 vendors to their annual fundraising event at Saint Thomas Aquinas Secondary School at 541 West Keith Road. Items for sale include everything from handmade clothing to home decor, gourmet food, jewellery, children’s items and more. Admission is $2 and doors are open between 10:00 am and 4:00 pm.
- November 24, 2018 (Saturday) – the SILVER HARBOUR CHRISTMAS MARKET features handmade arts and crafts, baked goods and “vintage attic treasures” at the Silver Harbour Centre at 144 East 22nd Street (which is just behind the Harry Jerome Rec Centre on Lonsdale Avenue). All artisan products have been made on site, over 1000 shoppers visit each year, and there are also books and vintage items for sale. Admission is free and the market runs from 10 am until 3 pm.
- November 24, 2018 (Saturday) – the FAIR TRADE CHRISTMAS MARKET is a smaller market at St. Andrew’s United Church at 1044 St. George’s Avenue. It features socially and environmentally-responsible products made by artisans from the developing world and brought to Canada by Ten Thousand Villages. In 2018 the market runs from 10 am until 4 pm.
- December 1 & 2, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday) – the SHIPYARDS CHRISTMAS FESTIVAL is a community event that includes live entertainment as well as an artisan market in the Pipe Shop at Shipbuilders’ Square in North Vancouver. The festival takes place on the Saturday, but the market continues on the Sunday too. The market typically features over 4 dozen vendors in the Pipe Shop at Shipbuilders’ Square between 3 and 9 pm on Saturday and 10 am to 5 pm on Sunday. Admission both days is free. (Exact details for 2018 are to be confirmed.)
- December 8 & 9, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday) – FALL FOR LOCAL HOLIDAY MARKET takes place indoors at the Pipe Shop in Shipbuilders’ Square at 115 Victory Ship Way from 11 am to 5 pm. The market features around 80 vendors and admission costs $3 online (until December 7) and $5 at the door. Kids under 13 are free.
- December 15 & 16, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday) – the SHIPYARDS CHRISTMAS MARKET features over 4 dozen vendors in the Pipe Shop at Shipbuilders’ Square between 10 am and 6 pm on Saturday and 10 am to 5 pm on Sunday. Admission both days is usually free. (2018 details to be confirmed.)
Richmond Craft Fairs
- November 24, 2018 (Saturday) – the STEVESTON VILLAGE CRAFT FAIR takes place at 4111 Moncton Street at the Steveston Community Centre in Steveston Village. It usually runs from 10 am to 4 pm, includes over 150 vendors, and features only local and Canadian handmade items. Admission is by donation of cash or non-perishable food items.
- December 1, 2018 (Saturday) – the annual HERITAGE CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR is at Britannia at the Seine Net Loft at 5180 Westwater Drive in Steveston Village from 11:00 am until 4:00 pm. Admission is free and 30+ vendors are expected.
Squamish Winter Market
- November 16 & 17, 2018 (Friday & Saturday) – the REFRESH WINTER MARKET is a giant market featuring locally-made and curated goods. It takes place at the West Coast Railway Heritage Park at 39645 Government Road in Squamish. Admission is $3 online or $5 at the door. It’s open from 4 to 9 pm on the Friday and from 10 am to 5 pm on the Saturday. As many as 3000 people attend the event each year.
Surrey Craft Fair
- November 17, 2018 (Saturday) – the ALEXANDRA NEIGHBOURHOOD HOUSE CRAFT FAIR runs from 9 am to 3 pm at 2916 McBride Avenue in Surrey’s Crescent Beach. Free admission (or at least that’s what it was last year). 50+ vendors usually participate.
- November 17 & 18, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday) – the HEART TO HOME HOLIDAY MARKET is a small craft fair at the Surrey Arts Centre (at Bear Creek Park) that features the work of 20+ local artists and artisans. Admission is free and doors are open from noon until 5:00 pm.
- November 23, 2018 (Friday) – the WINTER CRAFT FAIR features over 40 vendors at the Laurel Place Care Home at 9866-137A Street (near the Surrey Memorial Hospital) from 11 am until 3 pm. Admission is free.
- November 30 & December 1, 2018 (Friday & Saturday) – the SEMIAHMOO HOLIDAY MARKET is a small craft fair with about two dozen artist vendors. It takes place at the South Surrey Recreation and Arts Centre at 14601 – 20th Avenue and admission is free. (The 2018 dates are set, but other details are to be confirmed.)
Vancouver Craft Fairs
- November 7 to 11, 2018 (Wednesday to Sunday) – the CIRCLE CRAFT MARKET takes place at the Vancouver Convention Centre West at 1055 Canada Place and is one of the Lower Mainland’s largest and most impressive craft shows. Featuring more than 300 vendors, the event costs about $15 for adults, $12 for seniors and youth (ages 13-18), and free for children under 13 years of age. This is an impressive high-end market and includes works by professional artists and local artisans.
- November 15 to 18, 2018 (Thursday to Sunday) – CHRISTMAS AT HYCROFT is held at the beautiful Hycroft Clubhouse at 1489 McRae Avenue in Shaughnessy. It’s open between 11 am and 9 pm daily, except for the Sunday when it closes three hours earlier. Admission is $15, but free for children under age 14. This is a high-end Christmas season market event in a stunning venue.
- November 16 to 18, 2018 (Friday to Sunday) – the BRITANNIA CHRISTMAS CRAFT FAIR takes place in the gym at the Britannia Community Services Centre at 1661 Napier Street on the Friday from 3 to 8 pm and on both the Saturday and Sunday from 10 am until 4 pm. Admission is $2 for folk ages 12 and older.
- November 21 to December 24, 2018 – VANCOUVER CHRISTMAS MARKET – the city’s most famous and longest running holiday market has a German theme and is located at Jack Poole Plaza beside the Vancouver Convention Centre. It’s not a “craft market,” but it is lots of fun and features live entertainment, a carousel and dozens of vendors selling both locally-made and European products. The market is open daily from 11 am until 9 pm and admission costs around $10.
- November 23, 2018 (Friday) – ITALIAN CHRISTMAS MARKET – a Christmas market at the Italian Cultural Centre at 3075 Slocan Street. The event includes crafts and artisan products, but also lots of Italian foods and other items. About 2 dozen vendors usually participate. Free admission. (In 2019 the event takes place on November 29th.)
- November 24, 2018 (Saturday) – the DUNBAR HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR celebrates its 36th year and runs from 10 am until 5 pm at the Dunbar Community Centre at 4747 Dunbar Street. The fair features over 140 vendors in multiple rooms and attracts over 2000 shoppers each year. Admission is $4 in advance online or $5 at the door.
- November 24 & 25, 2018 (Saturday and Sunday) – the WEST END HOLIDAY CRAFT FAIR features over 50 vendors and runs from 10 am until 4 pm at the West End Community Centre at 870 Denman Street. Admission is free.
- December 1, 2018 (Saturday) – the KITSILANO WINTER MARKET takes place at the Kitsilano Neighbourhood House at 2305 West 7th Avenue from 10 to 4 pm. Admission is $2 per person over 12. It’s a small to medium-sized craft fair and includes locally-made artisan products, food, live entertainment, a small farmers market and child care.
- December 1 & 2, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday) – the ETSY VANCOUVER MARKET is a large craft fair at UBC’s Wesbrook Community Centre at 3335 Webber Lane. It’s part of the Wesbrook Village Winter Festival and runs from 10 am until 5 pm on both days. As many as 100 local and other BC artisan vendors participate. Admission costs $3 at the door (but it’s free for children ages 11 and under).
- December 12 to 16, 2018 (Wednesday to Sunday) – the MAKE IT CRAFT SHOW features around 250 vendors and takes place at 2901 East Hastings Street at the PNE. Admission is $4 plus fees online or $8 at the door and children 12 and under are free. The event runs from 5 to 9 pm on the Wednesday, 11 am to 9 pm on the Thursday and Friday, from 10 am to 6 pm on the Saturday and from 11 am to 5 pm on the Sunday.
- December 8 & 9, 2018 (Saturday & Sunday) – the GOT CRAFT Christmas market takes place this year at the Maritime Labour Centre at 1880 Triumph Street in Vancouver from 10 am until 5 pm both days. Admission is $5 at the door or about $3 online.
West Vancouver Craft Fairs
- November 3 & 4, 2018 (Saturday, & Sunday) – formerly called the CRAFT MARKET, the FALL ARTISAN MARKET takes place at 2121 Marine Drive at the West Vancouver Community Centre on the North Shore between 10 am and 4 pm on both days. (Note: The venue is at the same place as the West Vancouver Aquatic Centre which is one of the Lower Mainland’s best places to take children for a swim. The location is also a short walk from the waterfront and seawall connecting Ambleside with Dundarave, so a great place for a post-Christmas-shopping stroll.)
- November 17 & 18 and December 1 & 2, 2018 (Saturdays & Sundays) – celebrating its fourth year, the NV HOLIDAY BAZAAR is moving from Carson Graham Secondary School to West Vancouver Community Centre at 2121 Marine Drive, West Vancouver. It’s still open from 10 am until 4 pm each day and admission is now FREE (which is also new this year).
- November 24, 2018 (Saturday) – the GLENEAGLES HOLIDAY ARTISAN FESTIVAL features over 30 vendors at the Gleneagles Community Centre at 6262 Marine Drive in West Vancouver between 10 am and 3 pm.
As well as Christmas craft markets, other great markets also take place throughout Metro Vancouver this time of year include winter farmers markets, the Vancouver Christmas Market and the one-day Candytown event in Yaletown, which takes place this year on November 24.
Winter Farmers Markets
Lower Mainland winter farmers markets include Saturday markets at Riley Park near Nat Bailey Stadium in Vancouver and the Royal City Farmers Market in New Westminster. Sunday winter farmers markets include ones in Port Moody and Hastings Park at the PNE grounds in Vancouver, as well as the Cannery Farmers Market in Steveston Village every second week.
See Lower Mainland Winter Markets for more information.
Vancouver Christmas Market
If you like Christmas and markets, then, in addition to the above craft markets, you might also really enjoy the Vancouver Christmas Market which runs from late November until December 24th. It doesn’t feature homemade crafts, but it is a market and does offer lots of Christmas-y things to see and buy.
Click Vancouver Christmas Market for more details.
Candytown is a one-day Christmas street market event that takes place in Yaletown at around 1152 Mainland Street. This year it is on Saturday, November 24th, between 12 and 7 pm.
Other Holiday Season Information
Many neighbourhood churches and schools also host great craft fairs (as well as entertaining Christmas concerts). Shopping at them is an excellent way to Christmas shop, get crafty ideas and support and connect with your local community. In addition to checking out the above major markets, keep your eyes out for advertisements for smaller events in your local area.
For a list of places to see holiday lights and enjoy other Christmas activities in the Lower Mainland, see Top Things to do at Christmas. And for other activities over the holiday season, check out the December Calendar.