The BC Lions are Vancouver’s professional CFL football team that plays home games at BC Place Stadium during their regular June to early November season.
The 2020 CFL season was cancelled due to the coronavirus pandemic. However, the league plans to return with a new season beginning in June of 2021. Select games are scheduled to be held in BC Place Stadium as per usual.
Vancouver’s CFL Football Team
The BC Lions are one of nine teams in the Canadian Football League (CFL), which is similar to the American football equivalent.
The main differences between the two football leagues are the facts that the Canadian field is larger, Canadian teams have 12 players instead of 11, and in the Canadian league there are three downs whereas in the US there are four. Other than that, the games are very similar.
BC Lions Home Game 2021 Schedule
The following is the BC Lions’ home game schedule for the 2021 regular season. Home games are played at BC Place Stadium downtown at 777 Pacific Boulevard, usually starting at 7 pm, but occasionally at 4 in the afternoon.
- June 4, 2021 – BC Lions vs Edmonton at 7:00 pm (in a pre-season game)
- June 26, 2021 – BC Lions vs Montreal at 4:00 pm
- July 10, 2021 – BC Lions vs Saskatchewan at 4:00 pm
- July 16, 2021 – BC Lions vs Calgary at 7:00 pm
- August 12, 2021 – BC Lions vs Toronto at 7:00 pm
- August 20, 2021 – BC Lions vs Calgary at 7:00 pm
- September 11, 2021 – BC Lions vs Ottawa at 7:00 pm
- September 24, 2021 – BC Lions vs Edmonton at 7:00 pm
- October 1, 2021 – BC Lions vs Saskatchewan at 7:00 pm
- October 16, 2021 – BC Lions vs Winnipeg at 4:00 pm
- November 21, 2021 – at 3:00 pm (PST) 108th Grey Cup with teams and location to be determined
BC Lions Tickets
Season tickets for the BC Lions home games usually start at about $270 in the upper end zone (averaging ~$30 per game) and range up to about $1340. Packs of 3-game tickets start at around $85 and go up to $387. Single game tickets range from around $35 (for Touchdown End Zone tickets) up to $140 (for Club Class tickets).
For more information or to buy tickets, see the BC Lions official website.
BC Lions Tips and Advice
Below are a couple of tips to help you make the most out of your BC Lions game experience.
TIP #1: Parking can be expensive downtown. If money is an issue, cheaper parking can be found at some of the parkades on Richards Street between West Pender and Georgia, although on game days they increase their prices. If convenient, public transit is a good option.
TIP #2: Season pass holders get discounts at a number of pubs in the area. Show your season tickets and get between 10% and 20% off on food orders (although for one place the discount doesn’t apply on game days). See BC Lions Pub Discounts for details.
For more information about Vancouver’s CFL football team, see the BC Lions‘ official website.
For more information on other professional sports in Vancouver, see Lower Mainland Professional Sports Teams.