The BC Lions are Vancouver’s professional CFL football team that plays home games at BC Place Stadium during their regular June to early November season.
Vancouver’s CFL Football Team
The BC Lions are one of nine teams in the Canadian Football League (CFL), which is similar to the American football equivalent.
The main differences between the two football leagues are the facts that the Canadian field is larger, Canadian teams have 12 players instead of 11, and in the Canadian league there are three downs whereas in the US there are four. Other than that, the games are very similar.
BC Lions Home Game 2019 Schedule
The following is the BC Lions’ home game schedule for the regular 2019 season. Home games are played at BC Place Stadium downtown at 777 Pacific Boulevard, usually starting at 7 pm, but occasionally at 4 in the afternoon.
Details may change so check the official BC Lions website for exact information.
- June 7, 2019 – BC Lions vs Calgary at 7:00 pm (in a preseason game)
- June 15, 2019 – BC Lions vs Winnipeg at 7:00 pm
- July 11, 2019 – BC Lions vs Edmonton at 7:00 pm
- July 27, 2019 – BC Lions vs Saskatchewan at 4:00 pm
- August 24, 2019 – BC Lions vs Hamilton at 7:00 pm
- September 13, 2019 – BC Lions vs Ottawa at 7:00 pm
- September 28, 2019 – BC Lions vs Montreal at 7:00 pm
- October 5, 2019 – BC Lions vs Toronto at 7:00 pm
- October 18, 2019 – BC Lions vs Saskatchewan at 7:00 pm
- November 2, 2019 – BC Lions vs Calgary at 7:00 pm
- November 24, 2019 – at 3:00 pm (PST) 106th Grey Cup with teams and location to be determined
BC Lions Tickets
Season tickets for the BC Lions home games start at about $299 in the upper end zone (averaging ~$30 per game) and range up to about $1339. Packs of 3-game tickets start at around $102 and go up to $387. Single game tickets range from around $35 (for Touchdown End Zone tickets) up to $140 (for Club Class tickets).
For more information or to buy tickets, see the BC Lions official website.
BC Lions Tips and Advice
TIP #1: Parking can be expensive downtown. If money is an issue, cheaper parking can be found at some of the parkades on Richards Street between West Pender and Georgia, although on game days they increase their prices. If convenient, public transit is a good option.
TIP #2: Season pass holders get discounts at a number of pubs in the area. Show your season tickets and get between 10% and 20% off on food orders (although for one place the discount doesn’t apply on game days). See BC Lions Pub Discounts for details.