The BC Lions are Vancouver’s professional CFL football team that plays home games at BC Place Stadium during their regular June to early November season.
Vancouver’s CFL Football Team
The BC Lions are one of nine teams in the Canadian Football League (CFL), which is similar to the American football equivalent. The main differences between the two are the facts that the Canadian field is larger, Canadian teams have 12 players instead of 11, and in the Canadian league there are three downs whereas in the US there are four. Other than that, the games are very similar.
BC Lions Home Game 2018 Schedule
The following is the BC Lions’ home game schedule for the regular 2018 season. Home games are played at BC Place Stadium downtown at 777 Pacific Boulevard, usually starting at 7 pm, but occasionally at 4 in the afternoon.
Details may change so check the official BC Lions website for exact information.
- June 8, 2018 – BC Lions vs Winnipeg at 7:30 pm (pre-season game)
- June 16, 2018 – BC Lions vs Montreal at 7:00 pm
- July 14, 2018 – BC Lions vs Winnipeg at 7:00 pm
- August 9, 2018 – BC Lions vs Edmonton at 7:00 pm
- August 25, 2018 – BC Lions vs Saskatchewan at 7:00 pm
- September 7, 2018 – BC Lions vs Ottawa at 7:00 pm
- September 22, 2018 – BC Lions vs Hamilton at 7:00 pm
- October 6, 2018 – BC Lions vs Toronto at 4:00 pm
- October 19, 2018 – BC Lions vs Edmonton at 7:00 pm
- November 3, 2018 – BC Lions vs Calgary at 7:00 pm
- November 25, 2018 – 106th Grey Cup at 3:00 pm PST (teams and location to be confirmed)
BC Lions Tickets
Season tickets for the BC Lions home games start at about $280 in the upper end zone (averaging ~$28 per game) and range up to about $1275. Packs of 3-game tickets start at around $100 and single game tickets start at close to $50.
For more information or to buy tickets, see the BC Lions official website.
BC Lions Tips and Advice
TIP #1: Parking can be expensive downtown. If money is an issue, cheaper parking can be found at some of the parkades on Richards Street between West Pender and Georgia, although on game days they increase their prices. If convenient, public transit is a good option.
TIP #2: Season pass holders get discounts at a number of pubs in the area. Show your season tickets and get between 10% and 20% off on food orders (although for one place the discount doesn’t apply on game days). See BC Lions Pub Discounts for details.