The Whistler Ski and Snowboard Festival offers a week of concerts, snow sport competitions and more. It’s one of North America’s premier winter sports events.
The festival took place during the week of April 10th to 16th in 2023. Exact dates for the event in 2024 are to be confirmed.
Whistler’s Spring Ski Festival
The Whistler Ski and Snowboard Festival happens in April most years. It was cancelled at the last minute in 2020, however, because of COVID-19. The 2021 festival happened in an online format, but then not at all in 2022. It was great to see its return in 2023!
In the village there are usually free outdoor concerts. On the mountain there are ski and snowboard demonstrations and competitions during the day. At night there is live music and parties in the village’s bars and clubs.
Feature events typically include photographer and filmmaker showdowns and multiple music performances.
2023 Festival Schedule
Events listed below were scheduled to take place in 2023. 2024’s festival schedule is to be confirmed.
Monday, April 10th, 2023
- Après Yoga – evening yoga at the Westin Resort & Spa with proceeds going to the Whistler Adaptive Sports Program.
Tuesday, April 11th, 2023
- 72hr Filmmaker Showdown – a challenging competition where teams had to shoot, edit and produce a short film in just 72 hours. There was also an after-party at the Longhorn Saloon.
Wednesday, April 12th, 2023
- Sea to Sky Photo Challenge – a celebration of action sports photography that featured some of the best photographers in the region. An after-party took place at the Longhorn Saloon.
Thursday, April 13th, 2023
- Intersection – a ski and snowboard film competition where five teams had just 12 days to create a four- to six-minute film. There was also an after-party at Garfinkel’s.
Friday, April 14th, 2023
- White Claw Vodka Patio Party – a party at the Longhorn Saloon that featured electronic dance music with SNBRN.
- Junk and DJ Praiz – the freestyle battle rapper and DJ performed at Garfinkel’s.
Saturday, April 15th, 2023
- Saudan Couloir – the steepest downhill ski race on the planet. It normally takes place between the top of Blackcomb’s Saudan Couloir and Glacier Creek Lodge. There was also an after-party at the end of the day.
Sunday, April 16th, 2023
- Slush Cup – costumed participants skied across a slushy ice pond. Prizes were awarded for best trick, best wipeout and more.
- Corona Tropical Tiki Beach Party – an event at the Longhorn Saloon that featured DJ L D R U.
Click Whistler-Blackcomb for more information on the resort.
Click Whistler Ski and Snowboard Festival for more information on the event.
For information about other area ski resorts, click Metro Vancouver Ski Hills.