Bands on the Beach is a small music festival that happens in Harrison Hot Springs over the Labour Day Long Weekend in September each year.
Bands on the Beach 2018
Free concerts take place along the waterfront in the afternoons during Bands on the Beach. A usual headliner performer each year is the local country rock star Todd Richard who is exceptional.
When and Where
Bands on the Beach takes place on the first Saturday and Sunday of September (which is also the Labour Day Long Weekend).
In 2018 the performances ran all afternoon on September 1st and 2nd at the waterfront in the resort town of Harrison Hot Springs.
In 2019 the Bands on the Beach event will likely take place on the Saturday and Sunday of August 31st and September 1st, but exact dates and details are to be confirmed.
The Resort Town
Harrison Hot Springs is located in the Fraser Valley about a 2-hour drive east of downtown Vancouver. It’s a resort town right on beautiful Harrison Lake and worth checking out any time of year, but especially when there is an event like Bands on the Beach going on.
The free concerts during the Bands on the Beach event take place in the park by the beach near Esplanade Avenue. There is an outdoor stage there and people bring their lawn chairs to listen to the music and admire the views.
Bands on the Beach Schedule
Harrison’s Bands on the Beach is a fairly simple festival with just a series of free concerts outdoors on two afternoons, but it’s an enjoyable event in a spectacular setting.
Live music scheduled for 2018 included performances by the following bands starting at 1 pm each day:
2018 Saturday Concerts
- Waves Crash Down: an Indie Rock band from Chilliwack
- The Heels: a 3-woman Country band from North Vancouver
- Johnny Bootleg: a Blues Rock band from Fort Langley
- Todd Richard & the TR Band: a successful Ontario-born Country and Rock musician raised in the Harrison Hot Springs area.
2018 Sunday Concerts
- Ashley Pater: a young singer-songwriter from Surrey, BC
- Ken McCoy Band: a Country and Classic Rock band from Mission, BC
- Lucky Monkey Band: a Blues, Rock and Hard Rock band from Kelowna
- Todd Richard & the TR Band: a popular Country and Rock musician who plays regularly at Bands on the Beach
For other events going on in various parts of the Lower Mainland, check out any of the following pages: