Surrey has one of the largest East Indian populations in North America which is why it has so many excellent Indian restaurants among all its many others.
Top Places to Eat and Drink
Here are some of the top places to eat and drink in the City of Surrey:
- Afghan Kitchen – a restaurant that offers modern and memorable Afghan cuisine at 115-16120 24th Avenue.
- Akasaka – a highly rated Japanese restaurant at 15110-101st Avenue.
- Browns Social House – a premium-casual chain with multiple locations in Surrey. The menu is mostly pub-style food with some Asian-inspired options.
- Cactus Club Cafe – a casual chain restaurant offering great food and a fun atmosphere at 15079 32nd Avenue.
- Chef’s Kabab – an East Indian favourite at #16225 Fraser Highway.
- Curry Lounge – a popular place at 2828-152nd Street.
- Dublin Crossing Pub – at 101-18789 Fraser Highway. It’s an okay and popular pub with an impressive decor.
- Old Surrey Restaurant – at 13483-72nd Avenue has been a Surrey landmark since 1975. Appetizers go for between $9 and $14 or so, and entrees range from $25 to close to $40. It’s a nice place, so you might want to dress up.
- My Shanti – a multi-award winning restaurant by Vikram Vij that offers popular dishes from different parts of India at 15869 Croydon Drive.
- Rasoi – a great example of a popular Surrey-based Indian restaurant. Good food and not expensive.
- The Keg – BC’s original popular steakhouse chain, with locations at 15180 32nd Avenue and 7948 – 120th Street.
- Tasty Indian Bistro – a reasonably-priced and remarkably authentic East Indian restaurant at 8295-120th Street in Delta (so it’s not actually in Surrey, but it is close and just a 5-km drive from Surrey’s Bear Creek Park).
TIP: For a list of restaurants with 2-for-1 coupons in the City of Surrey, as well as other locations within the Lower Mainland, click Entertainment Book Restaurant Coupons.
For the best places to eat and drink in other parts of the Lower Mainland, check out the following:
- BURNABY‘s Best Restaurants
- The City of VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- NORTH VANCOUVER‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- RICHMOND‘s Best Bars & Restaurants
- WEST VANCOUVER‘s Best Restaurants
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver Premium-Casual Chain Restaurants
- Hotels in Surrey
- Dine Out Vancouver Festival
- Entertainment Book Restaurant Coupons