Vancouver’s top trails for a walk or cycle include Coal Harbour, False Creek, Stanley Park, Steveston’s waterfront, and Jericho Beach to Spanish Banks. But that’s far from all!
Vancouver’s Best Places for Walking, Jogging and Cycling
Here, in our opinion, are some of the best places (in no particular order) to go for a walk, jog or leisurely bike ride in and around Metro Vancouver. All the routes allow all three modes of transportation.
- Coal Harbour (along the waterfront in Vancouver)
- False Creek Seawall (Vancouver)
- Fort Langley (the “Fort to Fort” trail along the river)
- Stanley Park Seawall (Vancouver)
- Steveston Village and along the West Dyke Trail (Richmond)
- Jericho Beach to Spanish Banks (Vancouver)
- Rocky Point Park (Port Moody)
- The dykes in Maple Ridge and Pitt Meadows including by Pitt Lake.
- Kanaka Creek Regional Park (Maple Ridge)
- Mundy Park (Coquitlam)
Places for Walking and Jogging
Other top places for a walk or jog (but not cycling quite as much) include the following:
- Ambleside to Dundarave (in West Vancouver – there is good cycling too, especially if you head through the trails towards the Capilano River, but from Ambleside to Dundarave it’s better on foot).
- Lynn Canyon Park (North Vancouver).
- Rice Lake (in North Vancouver, and there are good cycling and mountain biking trails in the immediate area, just not around the lake itself).
- Pacific Spirit Regional Park in the UBC Endowment Lands – a great place for hiking, walking, jogging and even mountain biking (but not “cycling”).
Vancouver Bike Trails
Other best places for leisurely bike rides (i.e., flat paved areas with only slight hills) include the following:
- Barnston Island – between Surrey and Pitt Meadows.
- Seymour Demonstration Forest – in North Vancouver, close to Rice Lake.
- Tynehead Regional Park – over 250 hectares of forested trails and meadows.
Vancouver Hiking Trails
The Lower Mainland has exceptional areas for hiking. Click Vancouver’s Best Hiking Trails to learn more.
Romantic Walks and Restaurants
Looking for a romantic place to spend time with your sweetheart before enjoying dinner for two at one of the Lower Mainland’s top restaurants, then check out Romantic Vancouver Outdoor Places to Walk.