With hundreds of romantic places and restaurants in the Lower Mainland, it’s hard to choose where to go to spend time outdoors with your special somebody.
Romantic Walks in Metro Vancouver
Whether it’s Valentine’s Day, your anniversary or just a day you want to make special for your sweetheart, Metro Vancouver has lots of romantic places with beautiful views to enjoy with the person you love.
A Romantic Stroll and Dinner
Go for a romantic stroll in the late afternoon along one of Vancouver’s best places to walk before enjoying dinner for two at one of the region’s most memorable restaurants. Best places for walks and a meal include the following, (and if you’re on a tight budget, then skip the restaurant, pack a picnic and pray for no rain!).
Sunsets from West Vancouver
- Spend time walking along the seawall between Ambleside and Dundarave in West Vancouver. End up with a meal at The Beach House at Dundarave, Cactus Club at Park Royal near Ambleside or at Zen for Japanese part way in between at 2232 Marine Drive.
Marine Activity around Coal Harbour
- Admire the city’ skyscrapers, Burrard Inlet and the North Shore Mountains while you stroll along the seawall in Coal Harbour. Waterfront places to stop for dinner along the way include Lift Bar and Grill at 333 Menchion Mews or Cardero’s at 1583 Coal Harbour Quay, or head up the stairs to the Cactus Club at 1085 Canada Place.
Evening in Romantic Gastown
- Stroll around the Vancouver Convention Centre and Canada Place before heading to Gastown. Enjoy a romantic dinner while enjoying the 360 degree views from the Top of Vancouver Revolving Restaurant at the Harbour Centre at 555 West Hastings Street, a fabulous Japanese dinner at Miku at 70-200 Granville Street by Canada Place or a romantic meal at Pidgin at 350 Carrall Street.
- Check out Vancouver’s Top Night Clubs for places to dance nearby after dinner.
Denman and English Bay
- Enjoy the sunset and ocean views along the water at English Bay, and stop for dinner at the Cactus Club Cafe at 1790 Beach Avenue.
False Creek and Yaletown Dinner
- Go for a wander along the water at False Creek before heading into Yaletown in and around Mainland and Hamilton Streets. Great restaurants for Valentine’s Day or any other special occasion there include Blue Water Cafe for seafood at 1095 Hamilton Street, upscale Japanese at Minami at 1118 Mainland Street, or the Cactus Club at 357 Davie Street.
Enjoy a Walk and Dinner in a Park
- Spend the day exploring Stanley Park and then enjoy a romantic evening at The Teahouse Restaurant. The most popular place to walk is along the Stanley Park Seawall, but there are lots of other nice trails to explore too.
- Go for a stroll around Queen Elizabeth Park, perhaps play a bit of Pitch & Putt golf, and finish off for dinner at Seasons in the Park.
- Admire the grounds at VanDusen Garden, especially in December in the evening with its Festival of Lights, or in the late spring, summer or early fall when the garden is at its best, and then enjoy a wonderful meal at The Shaughnessy.
Along the Water at Steveston Village
- Go for a walk along the water from Steveston Village, admiring the views and historic buildings at various points along the way.
- If it’s summertime and while you’re in the area, then check out the Richmond Night Markets if you’re into that sort of thing, or the River Rock Casino Resort any time of the year. Or, while still in Steveston Village, enjoy a tasty and entertaining dinner at the Yokohama Teppanyaki Japanese Restaurant (where we recommend the barbecue more than the sushi).
For more great places to take your date for dinner throughout the Lower Mainland, check out Metro Vancouver’s Best Places to Eat & Drink.
And if it happens to be December when you’re looking for a romantic place to take your date, then check out Vancouver’s Top 10 Things to do at Christmas Time.
Other articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Vancouver at Valentine’s Day
- Vancouver Parks and Nature
- Lower Mainland Hiking Trails
- Restaurants in the Lower Mainland
- Vancouver’s Best Beaches
- Hotels in Downtown Vancouver