This video showcases cherry blossoms events, Vaisakhi parades, Easter, Earth Day and other Vancouver scenes and festivals in April.
Vancouver April Video
As you’ll see in the video below, April in Vancouver is a time of blossoms, flowers and spring activities.
April Video Contents
Scenes in the Lower Mainland in April Video include photos of Vancouver taken in April of 2015, 2016 and 2017, plus one photo from 2011.
A number of major events take place in April including the following ones featured in the video:
- International Pillow Fight Day – celebrated by hundreds of people and flying feathers in the plaza outside the Vancouver Art Gallery at the corner of Robson Street and Howe at the beginning of the month.
- Vancouver International Auto Show – an impressive display of the latest automobiles at the Vancouver Convention Centre in late March and early April.
- Vancouver Cherry Blossom Festival – a variety of events celebrating cherry blossom season from the end of March until around the third week of April.
- Spring Lights Illumination – two free evenings of cherry blossom viewing and light displays at a park in Vancouver. In 2017 the venue was Queen Elizabeth Park.
- Sakura Days Japan Fair – a Japanese spring festival celebrated at VanDusen Garden in early April.
- Whistler World Ski & Snowboard Festival – an annual event at Whistler that features art competitions, live music and snow sports from early until mid-April.
- Easter – a weekend of egg hunts and other holiday celebrations. The date for Easter varies each year, but is usually sometime in April.
- Vancouver Vaisakhi Parade and Surrey Vaisakhi Parade – East Indian cultural festivities that attract hundreds of thousands of people. The Vancouver event takes place on a Saturday mid-month and the Surrey event happens one week later.
- Party for the Planet – free Earth Day celebrations in Surrey with family-friendly activities and live music on a weekend close to April 22nd.
- Vancouver Sun Run – a 10 k running event that attracts up to 40,000 participants on a Sunday around the third week in April.
- Abbotsford Tulip Festival – 10 acres of tulip fields open to the public in Abbotsford from early April until early May.
The following places are featured in the above video about Vancouver in April:
- Vancouver Art Gallery and Robson Square – location of the mass pillow fight at the beginning of April.
- Vancouver Convention Centre – venue for the Vancouver International Auto Show.
- Coal Harbour – location of the Vancouver Convention Centre and the photo of orange tulips with the Westin Bayshore Hotel in the background.
- VanDusen Botanical Garden – the location of the photo of the first blossoming cherry tree, the bed of white tulips with the group of girls in the background, and the Sakura Days Japan Fair.
- Whistler-Blackcomb and Whistler Village – venue for the Whistler World Ski & Snowboard Festival.
- Grouse Mountain – venue for the Jam Over the City event and location of the ski jumper as well as the snowboarder in the air with Vancouver in the background.
- Stanley Park – location of the yellow tulips featured in the video as well as the miniature train and photo of the Easter Bunny.
- St. Andrew’s Wesley United Church – the photo of the interior of the church (although we admit that the photo wasn’t of their actual Easter Sunday service which would have shown far more people in the pews).
- North Shore Paintball – a venue famous for its annual Easter paintball event which features thousands of dollars in prizes.
- H.R. MacMillan Space Centre – location of the annual Easter Vintage Car Rally which takes place on Easter Sunday.
- Maritime Museum – located not far from the Space Centre, it’s the building in the background in the photo of the two collectible vehicles going for a Sunday drive (as part of the Easter Vintage Car Rally).
- Kitsilano – the photo of the cherry tree with the pink blossoms and Vancouver skyline in the background was taken at a small park along Point Grey Road.
- Main Street – photos of the Vancouver Vaisakhi Festival were taken near Punjabi Market around Main Street not far from 49th Avenue.
- Gurdwara Dashmesh Darbar Temple – the Surrey Vaisakhi Parade begins at the temple. Photos in the video were taken there as well as along 128th Street in Surrey.
- Surrey – the Party for the Planet event takes place at Surrey City Hall on or around Earth Day which is on April 22.
- Commercial Drive – a trendy shopping street that’s home to numerous coffee shops and the annual Vancouver Earth Day parade.
- Burrard Street Bridge and BC Place – the Vancouver Sun Run takes place all over downtown Vancouver. Photos in the video though include runners on the Burrard Street Bridge and at the finish line just outside BC Place Stadium.
- Abbotsford – the Abbotsford Tulip Festival takes place at 36737 North Parallel Road in Abbotsford.
For specifics on what to see and do in the month, see Vancouver’s April Calendar.
For a list of major events throughout the year, see Vancouver’s Festivals & Events Calendar.
For other videos about Vancouver, check out our selection of Lower Mainland Videos.
For a similar video about the sights and sounds of Vancouver a month earlier, click Lower Mainland in March Video.