The Abbotsford Agrifair is an agricultural fair that features amusement rides, livestock and competitions at Exhibition Park in Abbotsford in early August.
In 2017 the event takes place on the weekend of August 4-6 which is also the BC Day Long Weekend.
Agricultural Fair in Abbotsford
Billing itself as the “biggest little country fair since 1911,” the Abbotsford Agrifair is an annual event in the Fraser Valley which is one of, if not the, most important farming regions in the Lower Mainland. Abbotsford is in the heart of farm country and the event is a major community affair.
In 2017 Canada celebrates its 150th birthday and on August 4th to 6th the Abbotsford Agrifair plans to incorporate some of those celebrations into its own festivities.
The Abbotsford Agrifair takes place at Exhibition Park at 32470 Haida Drive in Abbotsford.
Gates at the Abbotsford Agrifair are open daily from 10 in the morning until 10 at night.
In 2017 admission is $12 for adults, $10 for students and seniors, and free for children ages 10 and under. 3-day weekend passes are also available at $15 per person. Rides are extra.
Parking costs $5 per vehicle.
Agrifair Events & Activities
Favourite Agrifair activities that are returning for the 2017 season include the following:
- Dan the One Man Band – a man who plays as many as 6 instruments at a time.
- Strathcona Mounted Troop
- Global FMX Bike Show
- Canadian Wrestling
- Richards Racers Pigs & Ducks – pig and duck races with Buffalo Bill Beaulieu.
Other events and activities for 2017 include the following:
- The Laughing Loggers – a logger show that features an all-day family-friendly interactive zone and daily performances.
- Street Hockey – open to all ages all weekend long.
- Gate to Plate Program – an on-site agri-tour featuring various 4-H Clubs and explanations about the importance of livestock and the agricultural industry.
- Main Stage Entertainment – Friday features multi-cultural talent, Saturday showcases Canadian music and Sunday has a concert with the Christian Band Kutless.
For more information on what’s happening and when, check out the following:
For more details on the event see the Abbotsford Agrifair website.
For ideas on other things to do and see in the area, click Fraser Valley.
For a list of other events this time of year, see the August Event Calendar.
For other events in the Lower Mainland throughout the year, see the Festivals & Events Calendar.