The Abbotsford Agrifair is an agricultural fair that features amusement rides, livestock and competitions at Exhibition Park in Abbotsford in early August.
In 2018 the event takes place on the weekend of August 3-5 which is also the BC Day Long Weekend.
Agricultural Fair in Abbotsford
Billing itself as the “biggest little country fair since 1911,” the Abbotsford Agrifair is an annual event in the Fraser Valley which is one of, if not the, most important farming regions in the Lower Mainland. Abbotsford is in the heart of farm country and the event is a major community affair.
In 2018 the Abbotsford Agrifair takes place on the Friday, Saturday and Sunday of August 3rd to 5th.
The Abbotsford Agrifair takes place at Exhibition Park at 32470 Haida Drive in Abbotsford.
Gates at the Abbotsford Agrifair are open daily from 10 in the morning until 10 at night.
In 2017 admission was $12 for adults, $10 for students and seniors, and free for children ages 10 and under. 3-day weekend passes were also available at $15 per person. Rides were extra and parking cost $5 per vehicle. 2018 prices will be similar.
Agrifair Events & Activities
Favourite Agrifair activities most years include the following:
- Dan the One Man Band – a man who plays as many as 6 instruments at a time.
- Strathcona Mounted Troop
- Global FMX Bike Show
- Canadian Wrestling
- Richards Racers Pigs & Ducks – pig and duck races with Buffalo Bill Beaulieu.
Other events and activities some years including in 2017 are the following:
- The Laughing Loggers – a logger show that features an all-day family-friendly interactive zone and daily performances.
- Street Hockey – open to all ages all weekend long.
- Gate to Plate Program – an on-site agri-tour featuring various 4-H Clubs and explanations about the importance of livestock and the agricultural industry.
- Main Stage Entertainment – the Friday in 2017 featured multi-cultural talent, Saturday showcased Canadian music and Sunday had a concert with the Christian Band Kutless.
To give you an idea of what to expect and for more information on what happened and when in 2017, check out the following:
For more details on the event see the Abbotsford Agrifair website.
For a list of other events this time of year, see the August Event Calendar.
For other events in the Lower Mainland throughout the year, see the Festivals & Events Calendar.