2021 SHOW CANCELLED
The 2021 Motorcycle Show was scheduled to take place from January 22nd to the 24th. Unfortunately, due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Vancouver show has been cancelled. Hopefully the event can go ahead no problem in 2022.
For more information regarding the cancellation, visit the Vancouver Motorcycle Show website.
Motorcycle Show at Tradex in Abbotsford
The Motorcycle Show is an event that usually features all kinds of motorcycles including BMWs, Harley-Davidsons, Hondas, Kawasakis, Suzukis and Yamahas. Some of the lesser known exotic brands you’ll also see are Aprilia, Ducati, Moto Guzzi, Piaggio and Vespa.
Due to the coronavirus pandemic, the 2021 show has been cancelled by event organizers. However, in years that the event does take place, it occurs at the Abbotsford Tradex which is located at 1190 Cornell Street (beside the Abbotsford Airport).
2020 dates and times were the following (with 2022 dates being January 21st to 23rd):
- Friday, January 24, 2020 – 12:00 pm to 9:00 pm
- Saturday, January 25, 2020 – 10:00 am to 8:00 pm
- Sunday, January 26, 2020 – 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
Admission rates in 2020 were the following (with 2020 details expected to be similar):
- Adults – $15.00
- Older Children (ages 6-14) – $12.00
- Seniors (ages 65+) – $11.00
- Younger Children (ages 5 & under) – free (when accompanied by a paying adult)
- Family Pass (2 adults & 2 children’s passes) – $42.00
- SHE Rides Night – half price for ladies after 5 pm on the Friday
What to Expect
At the Vancouver Motorcycle Show you can expect to see crowds of people, hundreds of shiny motorbikes and all kinds of motorcycle gear including protective leather clothing and Harley Davidson souvenirs. Expect it to be noisy at times too, plus lots of fun (assuming you like motorbikes).
In addition to all the vendors and motorbike displays, at the event there are also training sessions and stunt shows.
Stunt Show Dates & Times
Performances by the Seattle Cossacks Motorcycle Stunt & Drill Team took place outside the Tradex building at the following times in 2020:
- Friday, January 24, 2020 – 4:00 pm
- Saturday, January 25, 2020 – 12:00 pm, 2:00 pm and 4:00 pm
- Sunday, January 26, 2020 – 12:00 pm and 1:30 pm
Performances by the VanCity Stunt Riders took place outdoors at the following times in 2019.
- Friday, January 18, 2019 – 3:00 pm and 6:15 pm
- Saturday, January 19, 2019 – 11:30 am, 3:00 pm and 6:15 pm
- Sunday, January 20, 2019 – 1:00 pm and 3:30 pm
Flat track racing demos took place at the following times in 2019.
- Friday, January 18, 2019 – 5:00 pm
- Saturday, January 19, 2019 – 1:00 pm, 3:30 pm and 5:00 pm
- Sunday, January 20, 2019 – 11:00 am and 2:15 pm
(Note: performance times and other details are subject to change and may be weather dependent.)
Tips and Advice
Below are some tips to help you make the most out of your experience at the Vancouver Motorcycle Show.
TIP #1: Parking is free for motorbikes during the show, but $7 for vehicles. If you take your car and only plan to be there for a couple of hours, it’s cheaper to park next door at the airport. At the airport head to the hourly parking section. The spaces there are actually closer to the Tradex building than ones at the far end of the actual Tradex parking lot.
TIP #2: So long as you get your hand stamped when you leave, after paying admission you can come and go as much as you like all day.
TIP #3: Especially if taking kids, be sure to time your visit with the stunt shows. See above for dates and times.
Other events and articles that might be of interest include the following:
- Festivals & Events Calendar
- All British Field Meet (a British classic car show at Vancouver’s VanDusen Garden on the May Long Weekend)
- Vancouver Car Shows
- Abbotsford Agrifair (which features motocross stunts in August)