The Five Corners Buskers and Comedy Festival is a community event in White Rock featuring family-friendly street performers and nighttime adult comedy acts.
In 2023 the festival happens on May 25th to 27th. The year before, however, it took place in September. In what month it happens next is to be determined.
Five Corners Buskers & Comedy Festival
Hosted by the City of White Rock and White Rock BIA, the Five Corners Buskers and Comedy Festival features street performers during the daytime and comedy acts at night.
In 2019 the festival took place on September 27th and 28th. In 2022 the festival took place from September 9th to 11th. The 2023 White Rock Buskers and Comedy Festival runs from May 25th to 27th.
FAMILY-FRIENDLY EVENT IN LADNER
Ladner May Days features all kinds of fun activities. There is a parade, pancake breakfast, amusement rides, live entertainment and so much more!
The festival usually takes place at various locations in the 5 Corners and Uptown area of White Rock. Participating venues and their locations in 2023 include the following:
- Blue Frog Studios – 1328 Johnston Road
- Elks Hall – 1469 George Street
- Islands Cafe – 1237 Johnston Road
- Laura’s Coffee Corner – 15259 Pacific Avenue
- Oceana PARC Playhouse – 1532 Johnston Road
- White Rock Beach Beer Company – 15181 Russell Avenue
- Miramar Village – 1425 Johnson Road
- Five Corners – Johnston Road and Pacific Avenue
- Outside Laura’s Coffee Corner – 15259 Pacific Avenue
- Saltaire – 15231 Thrift Avenue
Hours and Admission
Family-friendly buskers perform at multiple places from 11:30 am until about 3:30 pm on Saturday, May 27th in 2023. Admission is free, but donations are appreciated!
In 2023 there are several evening comedy acts on May 25th, 26th and 27th as well. Most of the performances begin at about 7:00 or 9:00 pm. All of the comedy shows require a purchased ticket this year. Prices range from about $10 to $40 per person depending on the show.
The schedule for 2023 is listed below. (Note: Performance details are subject to change.)
Thursday, May 25th, 2023
Elks Hall (Comedy)
- 7:00 pm – Lizzie Allan, Hilarapy, and more
White Rock Beach Beer Company (Comedy)
- 9:00 pm – Open mic night hosted by Chris Gaskin
Friday, May 26th, 2023
Islands Cafe (Comedy)
- 7:00 pm – Ola Dada, Amber Harper-Young and more
- 9:00 pm – Ola Dada, Amber Harper-Young and more
Blue Frog Studios (Comedy)
- 7:00 pm – Patrick Maliha, Trumaine Bradley and more
- 9:15 pm – Patrick Maliha, Trumaine Bradley and more
Saturday, May 27th, 2023
Miramar Village (Buskers)
- 11:30 am – NZR Production
- 12:45 pm– NZR Production
- 2:00 pm – NZR Production, Travis Bernhardt
Saltaire Plaza (Buskers)
- 11:45 am – Jessaii
- 1:00 pm – Roots Peruvian Folk Dance
- 2:15 pm – Duncan Minett
5 Corners (Buskers)
- 12:00 pm – Duncan Minett
- 1:15 pm – Jessaii
- 2:30 pm – Roots Peruvian Folk Dance
Laura’s Coffee Corner (Buskers)
- 12:15 pm – Travis Bernhardt
- 1:30 pm – Little Fox
- 2:45 pm – Little Fox
Oceana PARC Playhouse (Comedy)
- 4:00 pm – Julie Kim, Jacob Samuel and more
- 7:00 pm – Julie Kim, Jacob Samuel and more
Laura’s Coffee Corner (Comedy)
- 7:00 pm – Ryan Lachance, Peter Hudson and more
- 9:00 pm – Ryan Lachance, Peter Hudson and more
For more information about this event, see the White Rock Busker Festival website.
To learn more about the area, see our article about White Rock.
For details about other Lower Mainland events throughout the year click Vancouver Festivals and Events.